I have registered on the Shangmail. Added my emails and that turned out fine. The problem I'm having downloading the app. I downloaded unzipped it but now what. This may sound elementary but I have never downloaded an app through my Desktop Manager. I always look for the OTA links because of the same reason. lol. I mean I can download SB, transfer apps from on BB to another but I just can't seem to figure out how to install from DM. Please help.
    06-07-09 01:15 PM
    I have registered on the Shangmail. Added my emails and that turned out fine. The problem I'm having downloading the app. I downloaded unzipped it but now what. This may sound elementary but I have never downloaded an app through my Desktop Manager. I always look for the OTA links because of the same reason. lol. I mean I can download SB, transfer apps from on BB to another but I just can't seem to figure out how to install from DM. Please help.
    1) Connect your phone to your pc.
    2) Open DM.
    3) Click on "Application Loader".
    4) Click Start (add remove/application)
    5) Browse, find shangmail, it could be in your documents or downloads, it depends were you saved it. Once you find it select it and press open, then press "next" and then "finish".

6) Disconnect your phone.
    7) Go to your phone's Downloads.
    8) Open Shangmail
    9) Press Memu>Setting>Accounts> under account list, you should see your email account (gmail?) but if it is blank, then you need to bind your email account. Go back press menu>setting>Bind account>common>select gmail.com if that's the email account you want to add.
    mail box username is your [email protected]
    Mailbox password: is your password you use in your email account.
    Then after it should be piece of cake for you...I hope that helps...
    06-07-09 02:18 PM
    Well I know how to do that as well, I am more or less having trouble uploading them. When I open them and save them under my documents they are still formated as Alx Jad and Cod. I noticed that the SB files are formated as IPD. Is this why they wont load. Does anyone maybe just have the files as IPD they could email me. Maybe that would be easier. Also just in case I figure it out on my own which one of the three files they provide do i upload.
    06-07-09 03:42 PM
    Well I know how to do that as well, I am more or less having trouble uploading them. When I open them and save them under my documents they are still formated as Alx Jad and Cod. I noticed that the SB files are formated as IPD. Is this why they wont load. Does anyone maybe just have the files as IPD they could email me. Maybe that would be easier. Also just in case I figure it out on my own which one of the three files they provide do i upload.
    The one that ends with alx is the one that gets uploaded in your phone, have you checked if it is already in your phone? may be all you need to do is click it so it gets selected and ready to install.

Which shangmail version are you trying to install?
    06-07-09 04:08 PM
    IPDs are backup files for the BB. You can only load those into your phone (I think) by going to the Backup/Restore feature from the main menu.

You want an alx & cod to install a program. Are you going to the Application Loader from the main menu and then Add Programs?
    06-08-09 07:49 PM
    8) Open Shangmail
    9) Press Memu>Setting>Accounts> under account list, you should see your email account (gmail?) but if it is blank, then you need to bind your email account. Go back press menu>setting>Bind account>common>select gmail.com if that's the email account you want to add.
    mail box username is your
    I have tried this and when I open Shangmail and press the menu buttons I only have Login, Register, & About as options. I don't have a settings option. Am I looking in the wrong place? Is it because I downloaded the Chinese version?
    09-16-09 09:12 PM
    I have tried this and when I open Shangmail and press the menu buttons I only have Login, Register, & About as options. I don't have a settings option. Am I looking in the wrong place? Is it because I downloaded the Chinese version?
    You need log in first so you see your settings options.
    09-16-09 09:23 PM
    You need log in first so you see your settings options.
    I keep trying to login first, but keep getting "user unknown." I have been searching forums trying to find out the problem. I was already registered under the shangmail website when I originally downloaded the English version. Per one of the posts I read, I do not need to register again anywhere else. I have repeatedly tried to sign in using that login and password, but get the error message I just mentioned. I am using the "CMNET" Network.
    09-16-09 09:32 PM
    I keep trying to login first, but keep getting "user unknown." I have been searching forums trying to find out the problem. I was already registered under the shangmail website when I originally downloaded the English version. Per one of the posts I read, I do not need to register again anywhere else. I have repeatedly tried to sign in using that login and password, but get the error message I just mentioned. I am using the "CMNET" Network.
    Okay, I am feeling a little slow right now... I just figured out my problem. I needed to select "Register" first...

Now, it is asking me to bind my email account.
    09-16-09 09:39 PM
    Okay, I am feeling a little slow right now... I just figured out my problem. I needed to select "Register" first...

Now, it is asking me to bind my email account.
    Very good!!
    09-16-09 09:49 PM
    1) Connect your phone to your pc.
    2) Open DM.
    3) Click on "Application Loader".
    4) Click Start (add remove/application)
    5) Browse, find shangmail, it could be in your documents or downloads, it depends were you saved it. Once you find it select it and press open, then press "next" and then "finish".

6) Disconnect your phone.
    7) Go to your phone's Downloads.
    8) Open Shangmail
    mail box username is your
    Ok I did everything you said but it keeps saying account error or something like that. After I put in my yahoo user name and password the next box that pops up is named account. Do i leave the settings the way it is there for example POP3 and SSl has check marks by it??
    10-01-09 10:23 PM
    FYI
    the OTA link from your blackberry is wap.shangmail.com

This way you can download directly to your device and don't need to bother with DM.

Hope that helps
    10-17-09 10:19 PM
    I have an 8350I and reloaded it and reloaded shangmail and cant get my work mail which is a pop3 put it back in the same way(worked Before) and get this massage. This email address already exists. Does that mean since I loaded shangmail back on my phone I will some how start to receive mail. (Don't think so) Sent several emails to this account and did not get them on my phone. Please some one advise me .
    11-21-09 02:54 PM
    im on a 8350i i press register in shangmail it says processing i do login and then it juss keeps saying "login now, please wait" ..help !
    04-05-10 11:34 PM
    i cannot login with email on shangmail after 5.0 upgrade. now it says email already exists. but im using same account

any ideas??? going CRAZY w/o my email
    04-23-10 06:46 PM
    im on a 8350i i press register in shangmail it says processing i do login and then it juss keeps saying "login now, please wait" ..help !
    Exact same thing happening to me...have you resolved this yet?
    05-18-10 02:52 PM
    every time i attempt to get shangmail onto my 8350 through application loader i get the error message of "No additional applications can be found. Your file might contain applications that already exist in the application list, are not compatible, or have errors." any ideas anyone? and this is attempting to load through DM.
    08-18-10 01:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD