I have a new blackberry curve 8520. i have successfully Dled the kindle app. whenever i try to download the only book i have on kindle, it tries to download for a while and then says "download fail. try again?" i have tried again... i have restarted, pulled the battery, tried it without the SD card...

I have tmobile and have an unlimited data plan...

can anyone help?
    09-01-10 02:58 PM
    I have the same problem with the kindle app, usually when a book is a really large file. According to the kindle for BB help page on amazon, it's probably because the book ordered is larger than a mobile carrier's maximum size allowed on downloaded files. Here's the only suggestion on the kindle support page that I've gotten to work:

Go to amazon.com- the FAQ/help says to go on a pc, but since I don't own a pc, I use BOLT browser. Be sure it's the full site & not mobile view. (Don't use the BB browser for this- it takes forever to load the full amazon site & sometimes it won't save the account changes you need to make)
    Go to 'my account'.
    Go to 'manage kindle account'. About halfway down the page you'll see 'register your blackberry/mobile device', & if you haven't done this before then you should go ahead & do it.
    Scroll down more & there will be a list of your book downloads. To the right of the book title, there is a 'deliver to' column- pick the 'deliver to your blackberry'.
    You are done here, now you can go back to your kindle app.

The book may already be downloaded to your 'home', but usually it's in 'archived items' & you'll have to send/download it from there.
    This time it should download properly. Don't exit the kindle app until the download is finished, & be sure your SD card is in or it won't download.

I hope this helps you!

FYI- Borders has a free ebook app also, & quite a few free books in their ebookstore. Their app works much better, & not once have I had trouble downloading a book directly to the app. The only downside is that most of the books on Borders are slightly higher priced than in Kindle, & Kindle's selection of books is much, much bigger.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-10 03:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD