I just installed BOLT on my 8530. And works really great. But, for some reason, it won't play any video. I've tried the video setting but no luck. How do I fix this?
    05-08-10 11:58 PM
    I just installed BOLT on my 8530. And works really great. But, for some reason, it won't play any video. I've tried the video setting but no luck. How do I fix this?
    When I go to m.youtube.com and choose a video to watch, it switches to the WAP Browser and plays without issue. It does not play in the Bolt browser.
    05-09-10 12:19 AM
    That's just the way Bolt works I think. When you click on a youtube video to it opens the native browser to play the video.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-10 12:56 AM
    That's just the way Bolt works I think. When you click on a youtube video to it opens the native browser to play the video.

I suspect you are right. At least I can play videos. I see a lot of posts from others that say they can't even play videos at all so I guess I should consider myself lucky.
    05-09-10 01:03 AM
    I can't YouTube on the Browser/Media player combo. Never could.

Bolt thou, works. If it's not working for you, try closing Bolt and running the wizard again. For me, it's no for the 1st video and yes for the 2nd, then I can get stuff going.

I could be wrong but, are you trying to watch from m. or www.? I think m. will force you into the wap, while www will use Bolt. I am not sure tho, BB still recovering from App Error 200, it's gonna be a while till I am fully operational hehe.
    05-09-10 01:10 AM
    I can't YouTube on the Browser/Media player combo. Never could.

Bolt thou, works. If it's not working for you, try closing Bolt and running the wizard again. For me, it's no for the 1st video and yes for the 2nd, then I can get stuff going.

I could be wrong but, are you trying to watch from m. or www.? I think m. will force you into the wap, while www will use Bolt. I am not sure tho, BB still recovering from App Error 200, it's gonna be a while till I am fully operational hehe.
    Just tried using the www.youtube link instead of the m.youtube link and it still wants to switch to the WAP browser to play the video. That could be because I'm still on the 4.6 OS as I am using Bolt version 1.7.
    05-09-10 01:29 AM
    I tried the Video Wizard so many times, I clicked on NO on the first video and YES on the second. Then it worked after that, then I closed BOLT, then when I opened it again, it won't play any video.

05-09-10 10:11 AM
    If I use the www site, I am able to play videos in bolt. If I use the youtube mobile site, it sends me to the native browser.
    When I viewed them inside of Bolt, the video was smaller then if I was to view it in the native browser, so I actually like that better.

I am also using Bolt 2.0, maybe trying upgrading to that?

05-09-10 10:31 AM
    BOLT only plays videos when you access the full site (YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.) but not the mobile site thats why you are having problems.
    05-10-10 08:52 AM
    you are correct bolt only works on full web pages not with m. or wap sites even though they will open on bolt.
    05-10-10 09:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD