I need to know because I was using Opera until I found out about Bolt, when I had both Bolt would run better, but when I got rid of Opera, Bolt slowed down. I downloaded Opera again and it works better now. Idk???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 05:33 PM
    The information for when Skyfire is going to be released is not public information so no one is going to give you any answer that is not anything but speculation.
    07-31-09 05:35 PM
    And it has been delayed because someone leaked the alpha to the net.
    07-31-09 05:35 PM
    Yea, Skyfire announced on July 27th they were temporarily halting development because of Alpha leaks. Makes me mad it is going to take longer because alpha testers can't keep it in their pants.

08-01-09 09:24 AM
    I never heard of bolt. I'm gonna look for it. Opera mini is sluggish so I want to try it out

08-01-09 09:39 AM
    I never heard of bolt. I'm gonna look for it. Opera mini is sluggish so I want to try it out

While some of these 3rd party browsers have some nice features, I've never found any of them to be better on an overall basis than the BlackBerry branded default browser.

08-01-09 10:40 AM
    The speed is better on both bolt and opera, but they aren't as user friendly. Why can't BB make the standard browser faster?
    08-01-09 11:15 AM
    I prefer bolt over opera mini. Sometimes, opera mini doesn't fully load images. Its annoying. The images are just blocks of colors mixed.

08-01-09 12:27 PM
    I just use the bb browser and sometimes opera
    08-01-09 12:36 PM
    Can you save/download images with bolt or opera? I couldnt seem to find that option so had to use the standard browser to download some new wallpapers.
    08-01-09 12:38 PM
    I used them all and always reverted back to the default browser.. Seems better in IMO
    08-01-09 12:38 PM
    They're all mediocre. I used Opera Mini because the BB browser was intolerable on 4.5 but now it's good with my 8900 and 4.6. Opera Mini was still passable enough for browsing but it felt half-baked on my BlackBerry compared to real browsers such as Mobile Safari on the iPhone. Plus Opera Mini has problems with rendering some pages. Hopefully SkyFire will finally be the one I can use as an alternative.
    08-01-09 01:44 PM
    BB Browser is truly intolerable in 4.5. Opera mini is cumbersome and quirky with strange menus and the partial downloading of images.

On my 8330m I've been using Opera Mini the most, though since opening almost any website in BB Browser pretty much crashes my BB... argh...

I tried Bolt briefly but didn't like the interface. Maybe I'll try it again.

I'd be willing to pay royally for a browser that works marginally well on the BB.

~R
    08-01-09 04:25 PM
    Let's be honest, do we seriously do real internet browsing on such a small screen. Com'n people that's why we have computers. We all luv or bberries but com'n

08-01-09 08:30 PM
    One issue I have found with my phone with both bolt and opera is when I open either for the first time I get a msg stating it wants to use a low level connection even though I setup the permissions to allow all on network and internet, all down the row allowed still I get the msg any one have a solution? Or a better browser I wish fennoc was available from mozilla
    08-03-09 09:21 PM
    Can you save/download images with bolt or opera? I couldnt seem to find that option so had to use the standard browser to download some new wallpapers.
    I know you can on Opera Mini. I zoom in all the way and put the pointer over the image, hit the menu key and you'll see a save image option.
    08-03-09 09:49 PM
    While some of these 3rd party browsers have some nice features, I've never found any of them to be better on an overall basis than the BlackBerry branded default browser.

I totally agree with you. The BB default browser gets the job done!
    08-04-09 07:24 AM
    One plus (at least) for OperaMini...it will allow you to download large movie files. BB browser won't do more than ~ 6mb.
    08-04-09 08:00 AM
    Bolt is a good browser to use in conjunction with the BB browser for when you want to load full pages.... the newest version even lets you type in to text boxes on the screen.

It is really fast too.
    08-04-09 08:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD