Could someone please tell me the differences between these two browsers and which is better and why?
    07-21-09 09:43 PM
    Have not used Opera but I do have bolt. Bolt does not seem very refined to me. I have troubles pressing buttons and going to the next page after entering text. It has helped me in a pinch or two when I was not able to view certain things on the BB browser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 10:21 PM
    I get better results processing forms on secure web pages with Opera Mini. The updated version of Bolt is slower on my device than the previous version. The new version hangs at 20% quite often on my device.
    07-21-09 11:03 PM
    07-23-09 11:30 AM
    I haven't used opera but I'm about to download it and try it. I have the same difficulty with clicking in bolt. Bolt does seem faster when I'm in a bad service area though. I dunno why that is.

07-23-09 06:58 PM
    On my curve 8330, Bolt is far superior. Opera has some issues with graffics loading and Bolt is way faster. Text entry is far superior on Bolt. Maybe I don't have my settings correct on Opera, but why bother. Bolt will load and do everything that my pc can do except for Flash media, and I just have to wait for Skyfire to come out for that.

07-23-09 07:18 PM
    Bolt vs opera..I will have to say opera I use opera soo much I wish it was the default browser..it does have its lil kink here in there..but hey ill deal with that!
    Bolt.. Ick stays at 20%..for a long time and then loads fast and I absolutely hate the fact that you can't click links most of the time..plus when you wanna go back or forward it loads where as opera go right back more convenient!..

07-25-09 12:15 PM
    I like Opera much better and only use Bolt on a couple pages. I find it loads faster and is easier to reply on forums with. Give them both a try and make the decision yourself based upon the sites you frequent.

07-25-09 12:41 PM
    At the moment opera is better but I can see bolt being much better once its out of beta. Its got potential but doesn't deliver just yet.

07-25-09 04:34 PM
    I haven't used bolt but I know opera is great to use. I use it all the time for larger pages, even to pay my bills sometimes

07-25-09 05:33 PM
    Am I doing something wrong, or does Opera not allow one to press the "t" button to go to the top of the page? If I press the space bar, it scrolls down the page, but I have to use to trackball to move up again. Is there a key that will enable one to move up the page?

Sorry if it sounds like a stupid question. I'm trying Opera Mini for the first time.
    07-28-09 08:44 PM
    I didnt like Opera at all. Recently decided to give Bolt a try and I prefer it over Opera.
    07-28-09 09:15 PM
    I have them both and prefer Opera Mini. They're both weak compared to WebKit browsers on Android, iPhone, and Nokia models. I'd love for RIM to gets its act together and serve up an official WebKit browser.
    07-28-09 09:39 PM
    I have them both and prefer Opera Mini. They're both weak compared to WebKit browsers on Android, iPhone, and Nokia models. I'd love for RIM to gets its act together and serve up an official WebKit browser.
    Don't forget Opera Mobile for Windows Mobile. It is the greatest mobile browsing experience I have ever had. Fast, great desktop reproduction, and TABS!!!
    07-28-09 10:17 PM
    I deleted Opera after using BOLT for a while. A much better experience on the Bold IMHO, particularly when one is moving the cursor around a page. My only real gripe about BOLT is that you have to go into the menu options and select a zoom/"magnification" level (rather than there being a magnifying glass cursor as with the BB browser).
    07-29-09 06:53 AM
    Tried to try BOLT and it doesn't even want to load a web page. Keeps saying no connection even though browser and opera ( which I am on just now ) was working fine.

Opera is the browser for me. The RIM browser is pants. I would rather eat a mixture of custard & mustard than use it. Rim need to sort it out.

Let's hope OS 5 will have a better browser.
    07-29-09 06:57 AM
    Tried to try BOLT and it doesn't even want to load a web page. Keeps saying no connection even though browser and opera ( which I am on just now ) was working fine.
    You need to select your connection in the menu under Preferences. If you're on 3G or EDGE and not wifi, make sure wifi is not selected. If it is, you'll get that message. HTTPS should always be selected.
    07-29-09 07:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD