Considering I just started a thread yesterday complaining about this missing feature on Bolt and this morning an upgrade is available figured I'd mention it.

So far so good. Bolt is still, for me, the most functional of all the browsers. And now with a functional back key, I'm loving it once again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-09 05:22 AM
    Hooray for Bolt 1.6
    12-07-09 06:19 AM
    I just upgraded it today.

Pros: I find it much better than 1.5. First it doesn't have that annoying pop up asking for permission everytime I use Bolt. Secondly, I find navigating easier now. I don't have to move my trackball 20 times just to move a centimeter.

Cons: Convenience Keys don't work when using Bolt.
    12-07-09 06:48 AM
    BOLT 1.6 includes a host of new features and bug fixes designed to improve usability and stability, including:

- Password Manager that saves username and password for faster login
    - BlackBerry Launcher for BlackBerry devices having BlackBerry OS version 4.3 and above that sets BOLT as the default browser for opening links in plain-text emails and SMS/MMS
    - 100% Acid3 compliant
    - Enhanced socket support
    - Online Web Demo for hands-on BOLT experience
    - Better memory handling for low-end mobile devices
    - Compressed fonts that enable optimal space handling
    - Enhanced User Interface with one-to-one correspondence between magnification levels and system drawn text in softkeys, menus, and dialogs.
    - Display of user folders by their names
    12-07-09 07:30 AM
    Bolt Browser

For convenience to thread users.

12-07-09 08:03 AM
    I was just coming to say the same thing!

The back button issue wasn't just on the 9700, I've got an 8900 running OS 5.0.0.348 and had the same issue! But now it's fixed!! Yeah!! Lol

Also, I noticed I don't have to allow it to access whatever site anymore first!!

12-07-09 08:15 AM
    Yes! Downloaded and a sweet improvement, even on my lil' ol' 8330. Not having the permission request is priceless. Still had a slight pause at 20, but not nearly as long as before.

12-07-09 08:25 AM
    Are there any advantages of using Bolt over Opera mini? I'm curently using Opera mini.

I know they are both free so I'll download Bolt to give it a try, just asking for opinions.
    12-07-09 08:33 AM
    Are there any advantages of using Bolt over Opera mini? I'm curently using Opera mini.

I know they are both free so I'll download Bolt to give it a try, just asking for opinions.
    None, i just downloaded Bolt 1.9 on my 9700 (.405) and when ever i select something it just "refreshes" that screen... it will not go to the next screen i select.... Opera Mini 4.2, never had a problem with it.

12-07-09 08:36 AM
    Did they ever add Copy and Paste to Opera Mini? If not, I'd say that is definitely an advantage.

12-07-09 09:26 AM
    Did they ever add Copy and Paste to Opera Mini? If not, I'd say that is definitely an advantage.

yes they did, jus press and hold the trackball on opera and ull get it

im tryna upgrade bolt on my 8900 5.0.0.348 and its not working. i keep getting http://i46.tinypic.com/2d0c1sp.jpg

can i get some help with this?
    12-07-09 09:47 AM
    I wish there was a way to make the cursor scroll like the native browser does, instead of snap.
    12-07-09 09:55 AM

Copy and Paste was added to Opera 5 Beta 1.
    12-07-09 10:02 AM
    How do the browsers compare for Storm2 users?

Opera 5.2 is pretty workable (other than my pet problem), but I could never get Bolt 1.5 to work.
    12-07-09 10:07 AM
    How do the browsers compare for Storm2 users?

Opera 5.2 is pretty workable (other than my pet problem), but I could never get Bolt 1.5 to work.
    I was wondering the same thing. Anyone use Bolt 1.6 on a storm2 yet?
    12-07-09 10:19 AM
    Which link did you guys download, the regular or lite version?

12-07-09 10:24 AM
    Which link did you guys download, the regular or lite version?

Whichever one was sent in my e-mail...
    12-07-09 10:38 AM
    Where is the option to set it as the default browser?
    12-07-09 10:43 AM
    So the Convenience key with Bolt 1.6 does not work?
    hehe looks like ill be sticking with Opera mini 5b2
    12-07-09 10:48 AM
    This is a great update. I needed this one pretty bad, mu bolt browser what not up to par like my bold browser had been, good to see its back in tha game.

12-07-09 10:51 AM
    I just got Bolt 1.6 a few minutes ago and I already have some issues with it on my Storm2. I have to click the BB key to get the keyboard to come up, there's no zoom in/out function, and the tiny little cursor/pointer is impossible to navigate and actually click on what I want...please let me know if anyone is having better luck with Bolt 1.6 and their Storm2.
    12-07-09 12:57 PM
    I'm not sure what you guys have set your convenience keys for, mine is quicklaunch. And as an option in quicklaunch, you can add it to menus selections so all I do if I need it is hit the blackberry button and quicklaunch is listed there.

As a workaround, hitting the blackberry button and leaving the menu open will let your convenience keys work no matter what they are set for. Try it :-)

12-07-09 12:58 PM
    Where is the option to set it as the default browser?
    Ditto, how do you do this?
    12-07-09 12:58 PM
    12-07-09 01:01 PM
    I'm having trouble logging in/signing in to everything. I keep getting an error message. I haven't been able to log into anything so far. This version gets a big thumbs down from me and no I'm not doing anything wrong.

12-07-09 01:45 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD