Is bolt safe to login to my bank account and to transactions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-10 04:17 AM
    Is bolt safe to login to my bank account and to transactions?

I am not sure how secure any online thing is. As far as bolt I have no clue. I alway treat it like anyone will be able to see it.
    04-06-10 04:44 AM
    If Bolt is like Opera Mini (everything goes through their servers) then the SSL is between you and Bolt and then between them and the actual site. You have to decide whether to trust Bolt or not. Personally I would not trust anybody between me and anybody I'm doing a transaction with. If something goes wrong, each can blame the other party. If you use the built-in browser it's fundamentally safer (but much slower of course and doesn't support sites that use Flash for e-commerce).
    04-06-10 08:10 AM
    I wonder if it's the same as me using my laptop at home. I assume that my signal goes through my local service provider, then on to the actual site. Then from the actual site, back to my service provider, then back to me.

04-06-10 08:35 AM
    No, if you use a normal browser, the SSL works between you and the endpoint. Your ISP and link provider only see encrypted text. The difference is with browsers like Opera Mini that proxy you, then the SSL connection is between you and them, and from them to the endpoint. It's a different setup. The reason they do that is supposed to be so they can provide compression and caching that helps browser performance. But they get to see everything.
    04-06-10 08:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD