I started with the native BB browser until I could not stand the mobile internet. Then I went to Opera, but came back to the native browser because of its overall functionality with the rest of the BB. I came across BOLT today and love the internet view, but it seems to be lacking again in overall functionality with the remainder of the BB. For example, I can't figure out how to copy and paste from BOLT into a new email.

Also, is there a way to set the BB to open BOLT when I receive a link in an email? what about receiving a link in ubertwitter?

Finally, any other browsers out there to try? Until today, I though Opera was the only other alternative.

Thanks!!!
    08-10-09 04:46 PM
    BOLT is suppose to have a copy and paste function now, but I have yet to figure out how to get it to work. Maybe someone else will know how to.

As far as I know you cannot set the BB up to automatically open BOLT when opening a link. You would need to copy the link and paste it into the address bar for BOLT.

I believe as of right now BOLT and OM are the only third party browsers available for Blackberry devices. There is a third one called Skyfire that was recently in beta testing but that was put on hold after it was leaked to the public.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 05:25 PM
    I dunno about the rest of your question, but I think you initiate copy and paste by holding the trackball in.
    08-10-09 05:27 PM
    I will give the trackball tactic a try. I tried "select mode" or "select text," don't remember which was the actual option, and that did not work.
    Thanks for the other answers. If anyone else has any ideas, please share.
    08-10-09 05:49 PM
    I love BOLT. Best looking browser. To copy u hold trackball beneath txt until a selection box appears. Then click n drag a line not box or it will select txt above, under the txt u wanna select. Then hit menu copy and same to paste again! Works a treat. Anymore probs with bolt and PM me.

08-10-09 06:30 PM
    I tried Bolt, but didn't like it. Opera is ok. BB browser is the best for reading online text.
    08-10-09 06:53 PM
    I never tried Opera. I like Bolt a lot. Especially since I can play Mafia Wars on FB using Bolt.
    08-10-09 07:30 PM
    I liked BOLT for obvious reasons, it gives you the real internet look. But, I am beginning to think that the native browser is the best for overall functionality. Maybe I will keep BOLT for general browsing.
    08-10-09 08:17 PM
    is there any way to set a home page on BOLT and not have to start with the favorites tap page every time I close and then reopen the browser?
    08-11-09 10:34 AM
    Bolt sucks in my opinion. Many things that should work don't. For example javascript is supposed to work but my bank has a key I need to enter into a javascript window. Bolt will not let me enter script in that window. I cannot wait for Skyfire to be ready for release. On WinMo it is the best browser out there by far. I hope it is just as good on the BB.
    08-11-09 10:47 AM
    I have not used Bolt long enough to encounter any of these problems. What browser are you using until skyfire is released?
    08-11-09 10:51 AM
    I Can't wait for Skyfire! I have expressed intrest with skyfire at every outlet I can find on the internet. Hopefully I will get a beta invite when the start development up again. Until skyfire comes out, I don't understand why anybody would prefer OM or BB Browser over Bolt. The only limitations I can find are that obviously no flash media, no chat enabled, and it isn't integrated with BB Browser. Otherwise I have never had problems with java script entry etc. I have noticed that there are different javascript situations that require different solutions to enter. You have to figure out how to do it. Does anybody know where to find a how to guide for bolt. I guess I could do a search thru the Bolt browser to find the answer!

08-11-09 11:32 AM
    Bolt is great for some websites and sucks for others. I switch between the native browser and bolt as needed. Bolt does have copy and paste. Im not sure if I would use bolt for my online banking or not, since it goes through proxy servers that blackberry doesnt own or control....the native browser does.
    08-11-09 11:34 AM
    Geoffsdad, nice review of Bolt. I too would be interested in a user guide. For now, I am just going to play around with it until I decide if I like it more than the native browser.
    08-11-09 11:47 AM
    I cannot get cut and paste to work in Bolt. I press the tackball until the highlight shows up, I highlight the text I want, click the menue button, click copy, the highlight changes color, but when I try to paste anywhere, nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?
    08-11-09 11:56 AM
    crimlaw 11 :56 AM Today -- [Reply] [!!] I cannot get cut and paste to work in Bolt. I press the tackball until the highlight shows up, I highlight the text I want, click the menue button, click copy, the highlight changes color, but when I try to paste anywhere, nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

Just tried this on my flip and pasted your post. I just highlight copy & past without clicking paste when it turns yellow by just putting your curser over it.

Last edited by 8220; 08-11-09 at 01:19 PM.
    08-11-09 01:15 PM
    I have an 8310 and I cant seem to get the volume control in you tube to work when using bolt browser, how is this done??
    08-11-09 01:41 PM
    This is a stupid suggestion, but on copy/paste, and especially javascript entry, give the browser 3 seconds to process the text info before trying to enter script or pasting. I notice if you try to do anything with script too fast, bolt will do nothing.

08-11-09 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD