Download opera 4.2 not opera 5...opera 5 takes over your links and you can't download...opera 4.2 is by far the best browser. I couldn't get down with bolt (but it seems fast) and the bb browser is straight garbage unless your on a mobile site.
    Opera 5 beta 2 gives you a choice on how you want to open a link from an email. It asks if you want to use opera mini or native browser. You need to restart your phone after you download opera before these changes take place.
    12-02-09 10:52 AM
    is there anyway for oprea to give desktop style view instead of mobile?
    12-02-09 06:14 PM
    is there anyway for oprea to give desktop style view instead of mobile?
    Yeah there's a setting for that in the options. The default will be preset to have it off but you just have to set it on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-09 06:18 PM
    is it the mobile view option?
    12-02-09 06:24 PM
    is it the mobile view option?
    I'm pretty sure its the full screen view option. I could be wrong though, I've only been using it for a few hours but I'm pretty sure that's the option.

12-02-09 06:28 PM
    thx
    10char
    12-02-09 07:47 PM
    Then again. Only option I see is mobile option but that unchecked
    12-02-09 08:38 PM
    I'm using the Beta 2 and so far I think its a big improvement over the first one. They integrated the native virtual keyboard very nicely. (eventhough I miss the option for the opera keyboard).

12-02-09 09:16 PM
    i like the opera beta 2...its been nice
    12-02-09 09:53 PM
    Is there a way to make it the default browser for when I click links in emails and stuff it pops up?
    12-06-09 05:12 PM
    Opera 5 is really smooth for me but since they got rid of the virtual keyboard in the beta 2 it just bummed me out
    12-06-09 05:16 PM
    I hope in the final release they allow for all the zooms (small, medium, large) to be clicked as they did with opera mobile. And I wish they could speed up the scrolling more. This beta update scrolls much better, but is not where it should be.

Oh, and the full desktop view gets too many white screens in high graphic sites.

If they correct these three things, they can make OM 5 the official BB browser.

Don't get me wrong. I am loving it right no. Its bb's best browser now. Though I still need Bolt for ESPN fanatasy football in fantasycast mode.
    12-06-09 05:49 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD