Hello everyone. Im still learning Blackberry. Im just wondering about Opera Mini or Bolt. Im hearing those 2 browsers are really snappier compared to the Blackberry browser. Im just wondering, where exactly would I find either Opera, or Bolt and how exactly would I install it. Ive done a search and cant quite figure it out. Thanks for any help as always folks
    11-15-09 10:05 AM
    Bolt

Opera Mini

just go there from your blackberry browser and follow the on screen prompts. very easy
    11-15-09 10:07 AM
    Maybe it's just me, but I've tried both Bolt and Opera Mini on my Storm1 and Storm2 over the last year and could never get comfortable with either. I don't think either is capable of delivering a 'native' feel. I find it hard to get them to do what I want without major effort. Hopefully they will eventually be able to tailor them to do this with the Storm.
    11-15-09 10:41 AM
    Maybe it's just me, but I've tried both Bolt and Opera Mini on my Storm1 and Storm2 over the last year and could never get comfortable with either. I don't think either is capable of delivering a 'native' feel. I find it hard to get them to do what I want without major effort. Hopefully they will eventually be able to tailor them to do this with the Storm.
    big second! i prefer the BB browser.
    11-15-09 10:50 AM
    I loved the way opera mini 5 worked on my Storm 1 before the software update.
    I tried opera mini 5 on my Storm 2. Got it install and it did seem faster getting to websites, but when I would scroll down web pages, it just didn't work very smooth.
    Also, when I would get a email with a web page link, I could only open it in opera mini. There was no option to use the BB browser.
    So I deleted opera mini 5.
    11-15-09 10:55 AM
    +1

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-09 01:46 PM
    Bolt is pretty good, but as richs10 said I couldnt get comfortable with either as well. It just doesnt feel natural the way the BB browser feels.

Not to mention that text entry in Bolt on my S2 is non-existent for some reason.
    11-15-09 01:53 PM
    Bolt all the way. I was using BB browser and Opera. I got rid of Opera because I like the desktop style type browser that bolt offers. Bolt is aslof faaassssst!
    11-15-09 04:24 PM
    Opera 5 is faster, but I hated the way it took over my email links, so I deleted it.

11-15-09 04:34 PM
    hOW CAN YOU SAY ITS FASTER?? IT ALLL DEPENDS ON WHAT U SEARCH AND WHAT WEBSITES U VIST. BOTH ARE FAST ENOUGH FOR ME. BB BROWSER IS SLOW AS HECK

IT ALSO DEPENDS ON THERE SERVER LOAD
    11-15-09 04:38 PM
    I wasn't replying to your post, cpugeek. We must have posted at the same time. I was replying to the OP. Don't start nothing and there won't be nothing.

11-15-09 04:45 PM
    OPERA is the best option
    11-15-09 06:45 PM
    I like opera 5 beta.
    12-01-09 10:09 PM
    I used opera and it wasnt for me it was slow i may try bolt hope this one works for me if not oh well default bb browser it is untill skyfire ever comes out
    12-01-09 10:14 PM
    Don't use either. I stick with the the native browser, works fine.
    12-01-09 10:15 PM
    Just saw this answer listed on the VZW forums concerning the Opera Mini beta taking over the email links. It worked for me also!

From nmchileman:
    So I found a solution to my problem, sort of a work around. I played around with some of the application permissions until getting it right. In the Opera permissions under Interactions I changed the Cross Application Communications to Deny. So now that I click a link from an external source like an Email or UberTwitter it still pulls up in the Blackberry browser. All the other functions of Opera as a browser remain the same. I have taken back control of my browser, whooo!!
    12-01-09 11:50 PM
    Opera 5 is faster, but I hated the way it took over my email links, so I deleted it.

ONE is not really fast er then the other although they are both fast. All depends on your cell phone coverage and area and websites u visit it.

I can load crackberry .com with bolt and you load google.com with opera and you can say opera is faster. of course...no web content on google.com..
    12-02-09 01:02 AM
    Download opera 4.2 not opera 5...opera 5 takes over your links and you can't download...opera 4.2 is by far the best browser. I couldn't get down with bolt (but it seems fast) and the bb browser is straight garbage unless your on a mobile site.
    12-02-09 01:28 AM
    I can't get used to bolt or opera on the s2 either, I just use the native. I did love the opera 4.2 on my curve and tour though, so fast!

12-02-09 08:18 AM
    So far I'm hating the bb browser on my s2, its so clumsy...when I try to click on links etc it keeps zooming in! copy and paste is very awkward...Im putting this down to the browser... would love for someone to say im doing something wrong.

I had Opera 5 downloaded...I like the direction their going...but its clearly still beta.

Bolt, I could never get down with, even on my curve. I think its utter crap. I only hope RIMs upcoming browser fixes all these gripes!
    12-02-09 08:57 AM
    i've been using the OM 5 beta for a while now...it's sooo much faster than the native. I have not tried bolt.
    But OM 5 never took over my email links...i actually wanted it to but couldn't figure it out. When i got sites or links from other apps, it always opened the native browser...maybe i'll give bolt a try to see how it stacks up
    12-02-09 09:54 AM
    The funny thing is, Ive always wanted web links to open in OPERA, since 3.0 days... but now they've finally managed to intergrate the feature into OM 5...I don't like it reason is, often it doesnt load up the page, or download the links and requires several tries.....

But again its beta, so I can't expect it to work perfectly yet.
    12-02-09 10:04 AM
    ehhh bolt looks nice...but u can't type...
    12-02-09 10:04 AM
    Opera 5 beta 2 is now out and seems to be working much better than beta 1. I am using it right now and text input seems to be much better. I can delete one space at a time instead of deleting the whole thing. You can download and Youtube videos will play via on board browser. I have been using it for a few minutes but I think this will be my favorite.
    12-02-09 10:34 AM
    i had the same question. guess i will download one and try it out and if i don't like it i will try the other
    12-02-09 10:42 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD