05-24-10 07:10 AM
    thanx downloaded it earlier this morning nice and it has fb chat!!!!
    05-24-10 08:10 AM
    How does it have nice fb chat? Why are people saying that? Lol

You still have to guess when the other person has replied don't you? And then refresh the entire page, wait for it to load and then read?

How is that nice? Lol

Sorry, just wondering

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-10 08:32 AM
    i haven't used the fb chat yet but its nice to have!!!lol that's why i say it's nice.
    05-24-10 08:38 AM
    screw fb but i think it's a good step. i'm very pleased w/ this latest release. it just replaced my opera icon on my homescreen
    05-24-10 08:40 AM
    i haven't used the fb chat yet but its nice to have!!!lol that's why i say it's nice.
    Lol sorry I wasn't meaning it at you personally lol its just that I've heard it said a lot now and I was just wondering why its so popular for it

05-24-10 08:42 AM
    What's improved? I love and always use BOLT btw so I'm super hyped!

05-24-10 08:43 AM
    How does it have nice fb chat? Why are people saying that? Lol

You still have to guess when the other person has replied don't you? And then refresh the entire page, wait for it to load and then read?

How is that nice? Lol

Sorry, just wondering

fb does suck hope that do some updates.
    05-24-10 09:00 AM
    Wooo, I just updated too !! Seems less laggy!
    05-24-10 09:07 AM
    i'm going to give it a go. still no way to make it the default browser though, is there?
    05-24-10 11:29 AM
    Isn't the default browser plugin @ boltbrowser.com?

05-24-10 12:38 PM
    it's very possible. i'm at work and a lot of sites are blocked (fortunately crackberry is not) but after doing a google search from the sites i have access to (which isn't a lot) i'm under the impression that the plugin only makes links from emails open up in bolt. i could be wrong but from my limited search results thats what it seems like. i'll look into more when i get home though
    05-24-10 12:43 PM
    Still verey annoyed with this.

You cannot change font. You go to preferences and click install font and there is only the cyrillic option.

I browse multiple forums and have different passwords for all of them. Sadly, Bolt doesn't understand what "remember me" is, and it doesn't keep me logged in. It asks me every time if I want to store that username and password, but it changes on every site I go to, so what's the use of that?

I really like the speed of the browser over that of Opera and the default BB browser but the above problems keeps me from reccommending it to anyone. I really wish those would be fixed and I would be a happy camper.

05-24-10 01:12 PM
    It is an ok browser but still some show stopping annoyances.
    Cookies are the first. Doesn't appear that it can keep you logged in.
    Second is the convenience key not working. This is really really annoying and you would think that they would have this fixed by now.

They did fixed a few things
    20% load lag (or at least they appear to have fixed it. clock also appears less)
    Hitting a key when the phone screen is black to wake it up doesnt register in bolt (i use the esc key to wake it up and it would go back a page, most annoying).

if bolt would fixed those last two issues that I have then it would be my default browser and be always loaded. But given those two problems I cannot make it the default yet.
    05-25-10 07:14 AM
    First time user of Bolt and I have some questions

The font is so small making it very hard to read
    I can't find a setting to change it m anyone have any info this matter ?

Also if I keep it is there a way to make it my main browser ?
    IE: I click on a link such as CB but the regular browser opens .
    05-25-10 09:33 AM
    First time user of Bolt and I have some questions

The font is so small making it very hard to read
    I can't find a setting to change it m anyone have any info this matter ?
    Go to Preferences in the Bolt menu, and choose Magnification... you have 7 settings. X Large works well for me.
    05-25-10 03:40 PM
    Hitting a key when the phone screen is black to wake it up doesnt register in bolt (i use the esc key to wake it up and it would go back a page, most annoying).
    That was very annoying.

One that I found that was annoying is in using the Pearl. I couldn't type in passwords with upper-case letters. When I hit the "shift" key, it instantly types the pound (#) symbol instead. You see, on the Pearl keyboard, the # shares the button with the shift key, and while every other program/browser knows the difference, for some reason Bolt didn't. Which never made sense because the # is on top half of the key (like the numbers are for some of the other keys) and you normally have to hit the Alt key first to toggle the top character. And Bolt knew the difference with the other keys.

So, in Bolt, I could never go to a site where I had a password that included an upper-case letter.

Anyone else with a Pearl come across this?
    Last edited by joeldf; 05-25-10 at 05:50 PM.
    05-25-10 05:47 PM
    I'm pretty impressed with this latest version, so much quicker to load whole web pages than the bb browser but is still keeps defaulting its settings with the font changing and wi-fi turning itself off.
    some annoying niggles but when using it the speed makes me not want to use the bb browser again especially in a non 3g area.
    05-26-10 01:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD