I just downloaded the new 1.5 version of bolt browser for my tour and its nice and fast but I can't get the videos on youtube to play like they advertise. Is anyone else having this problem?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-09 02:49 PM
    It worked on my Tour but it took some of the videos a long time to load and some didn't play at all. Not really sure why.
    10-07-09 03:10 PM
    did you try configuring the video options inside the bolt preference?
    10-07-09 03:33 PM
    did you try configuring the video options inside the bolt preference?
    no. how do i do that? and what setting should i change it to?
    10-07-09 04:17 PM
    I'm very interest in bolt browser also...wondering is bolt actually faster than the blackberry browser..?

10-07-09 04:28 PM
    I'm very interest in bolt browser also...wondering is bolt actually faster than the blackberry browser..?

Oh trust me you won't be disappointed with bolt and its performance, it works like a charm.

10-07-09 04:43 PM
    Oh trust me you won't be disappointed with bolt and its performance, it works like a charm.

Last question..whats faster or performance better operamini 4.2 or bolt...?

10-07-09 04:50 PM
    Did the back button not used to work on the Bolt browser? It doesn't do anything on mine now. I have to use menu options to go back.
    10-07-09 05:11 PM
    what browser works better operamini or bolt...?TIA?
    10-07-09 05:45 PM
    I just downloaded the new 1.5 version of bolt browser for my tour and its nice and fast but I can't get the videos on youtube to play like they advertise. Is anyone else having this problem?

I downloaded the youtube app and use it for youtube, always works fine for me.
    10-07-09 05:56 PM
    You can't say bolt OR opera work better than the other....opera5 has its shortcomings, as it is still beta sw and just recently rlsed-bolt1.5 has been in dev for quite a while now, and has come a LOOOOONG way, and pretty fast too. Both browsers are about the same as far as speed-the new version of bolt has a much improved mouse navigation while in the gui. Opera5 hasn't incorporated the traditional bb shortcut keys, and its hard to figure out what keys you need to press to do certain tasks, like copy/paste (you need to press the 1 key to do this) whereas the new version of bolt HAS incorporated most common bb shortcut keys. Both browsers are tough on youtube or any video period. Opera 5 can not handle any kind of file downloading. Bold will allow you to download filesvia the bb browser. However, you can not jump a page back by pressing escape in bolt-idk why they didn't fix this, they added almost every other bb shortcut except this one. You have to press menu to go back. That's about it really...

10-07-09 06:38 PM
    I downloaded the youtube app and use it for youtube, always works fine for me.
    Where's this YouTube app you mentioned? There's an official YouTube app for the Storm, but not for the Tour...or so YouTube's website tells me...
    10-07-09 06:57 PM
    its in the free app directory of this site, it uses the (default) BB browser I suppose and has always worked fine for me.
    10-07-09 08:23 PM
    here you go......... just scroll down to the youtube launcher with your Berry and you can download OTA from this link.

http://m.crackberry.com/otaapps.html
    10-07-09 08:31 PM
    Doesn't the youtube app just pull up m.youtube.com in the browser?
    10-07-09 08:32 PM
    I believe it is just a launcher for the mobile site, so that's my guess. All I'm saying is this is what I have always used on my Tour for youtube and it always works great for me.
    10-07-09 08:50 PM
    here you go......... just scroll down to the youtube launcher with your Berry and you can download OTA from this link.

http://m.crackberry.com/otaapps.html
    Alrighty then....GRACIAS!
    10-07-09 08:57 PM
    I downloaded the Bold app and the text was so small I could barely read it. I went to the Preferences and saw nothing that would allow me to enlarge the text, so I deleted it. Is there anyway to enlarge the text?
    10-07-09 10:31 PM

It wrks on my wife's Tour but I'm still not impressed with it. There are still some rendering issues. The native browser is still the best.

10-07-09 10:42 PM
    I downloaded the Bold app and the text was so small I could barely read it. I went to the Preferences and saw nothing that would allow me to enlarge the text, so I deleted it. Is there anyway to enlarge the text?
    Yes, there is. Click on the BB button (to the left of the trackball), scroll to preferences, then increase the magnification, 3Xlarge is great to me.
    10-07-09 11:26 PM
    Is the "mobile view" grayed out and not selectable in Bolt for anyone else?
    10-07-09 11:31 PM
    The only option i have in bolt for a mobile view is worded different. The option is under preferences and it says "mobile layout" i have the option to check or uncheck it. I'm running the new bolt 1.5
    10-07-09 11:39 PM
    if your using bolt to watch youtube, just go directly to the youtube site and not the mobile version.. then on the bolt video settings, set the video quality to medium and it will play.

i have set mine to high originally but the videos never played...
    10-08-09 04:58 AM
    if your using bolt to watch youtube, just go directly to the youtube site and not the mobile version.. then on the bolt video settings, set the video quality to medium and it will play.

i have set mine to high originally but the videos never played...
    thanks for the tip...mine worked, how do i set the video to medium tho!?
    10-08-09 05:38 AM
    when your on the bolt browser hit bb menu>preferences
    then you'll see video quality. click on the drop down arrow and select medium instead of high.

then try going to the regular youtube site..
    10-08-09 05:52 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD