I have an 8310. I have the bolt browser loaded onto it, and I very much like it more than the regular browser or Opera. But, I am having a problem viewing my AOL mail. When I sign into AOL, it only shows me a part of the page and I can't scroll down to see my emails. Is there some sort of setting I can change to see all of this? This, so far, is the only thing I have a problem with.

thanks
    JJ
    06-10-09 07:44 PM
    Why don't you just sync your email to your blackberry. That's the selling point of blackberrys.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-09 11:57 PM
    I have an 8310. I have the bolt browser loaded onto it, and I very much like it more than the regular browser or Opera. But, I am having a problem viewing my AOL mail. When I sign into AOL, it only shows me a part of the page and I can't scroll down to see my emails. Is there some sort of setting I can change to see all of this? This, so far, is the only thing I have a problem with.

thanks
    JJ
    I don't have a specific answer for you but can say that each of these browsers have their quirks. Each one also does something better and something worse than the other. Many times it will show in how it renders certain types of pages. I started to like bolt, but I sometimes get errors when trying to post on these forums with it. The only browser that works everytime for posting here is Opera. That being said, Opera does not handle another one of my sites very well.
    Crucial had commented a while back about a browser that will put others to shame. It is not yet ready for the BB phones but is being worked on. I cannot remember the name of it. I am really hoping the Tour's browser will be better. Can't wait for it

06-11-09 12:17 AM
    Skyfire is the browser CX mentioned. I believe he is a BETA tester and said it rocks.

06-11-09 01:57 AM
    Skyfire is the browser CX mentioned. I believe he is a BETA tester and said it rocks.

That would be it....Looking forward to trying it out.
    06-11-09 02:36 AM
    I agree with mjs31. They have their strengths and weaknesses. I use Opera Mini the most now. If I can't get a page to render well, I try Bolt. Bolt seems to do better for viewing basic HTML sites. Several sites I visit that have security features and certain types of forms, the Bolt browser does not process them well. I can't leave out the default BlackBerry browser. It's the only one that will allow me to copy and paste content within a web page. It's also the best at sending a web page or link within a page to someone via Email, PIN, MMS, and SMS Text. Yet it does not process full HTML sites as fast as Opera Mini or Bolt. It's good to have all 3 in case certain situations come up.

06-11-09 04:19 AM

I used Skyfire on my Treo Pro, and absolutely loved it. I hope the Blackberry edition is just as good as the Windows Mobile edition.
    06-11-09 07:25 AM
    Also, and not to hijack the thread, bot why does the bolt browser always have to "access us12.mysamllplanet.com" question at start up, and is there a way to bypass or eliminate this?
    06-11-09 08:05 AM
    Also, and not to hijack the thread, bot why does the bolt browser always have to "access us12.mysamllplanet.com" question at start up, and is there a way to bypass or eliminate this?
    I would love an answer on this as well. It's more than a little annoying and I've found that if I leave Bolt running in the background for an hour or two to come back to something later, I end up losing my connection and have to restart it anyway.
    06-11-09 11:23 AM
    There is...you enable the firewall. Unfortunately when you do that, you will then experience issues with Slacker.
    06-15-09 11:52 AM
    There is...you enable the firewall. Unfortunately when you do that, you will then experience issues with Slacker.
    Ha yea I have the same problem

06-15-09 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD