I feel the same way. Webpages look great on Bolt but not worth sacrificing Opera's speed.
    Agreed. Operamini blows Bolt out of the water.
    06-29-09 05:16 PM
    Downloaded it, tried it, and deleted it.... I like BB browser better and I'll still use my OperaMini for my bank site. Didn't like Bolt.
    06-29-09 06:22 PM
    Bolt is definitely a keeper IMHO.
    06-29-09 06:22 PM
    Slow and still hotkey for a zoom function? How can this be?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 07:07 PM
    Downloaded it, tried it, and deleted it.... I like BB browser better and I'll still use my OperaMini for my bank site. Didn't like Bolt.
    Same for me. But I used it for a couple of hours and went right back to my opera mini browser. Meh oh well

06-29-09 08:06 PM
    Is there any way to replace the font that Bolt uses? I saw an install font screen under preferences.

06-29-09 08:41 PM
    I got a question....

How come when I have wifi checked it will not allow me to access any pages in BOLT when I am in EDGE only.

Will the app not distinguish to switch between EDGE and Wifi? Or will I have to check it everytime I go home and am in wifi areas?
    I just downloaded 1.04 today, and now I'm unable to view webpages when I'm on Edge too. I was able to with the previous version 0.94.
    06-29-09 08:57 PM
    I notice you tube videos play right on the browser box but they are way smaller than when played thru the phone media player... anyone knows if this can be changed or improved?
    06-29-09 08:59 PM
    I think the wifi button locks it for only wifi use. However if you leave it unchecked it will use both wifi if you are connected and if not it will use your data connection.

06-29-09 09:00 PM
    I think the wifi button locks it for only wifi use. However if you leave it unchecked it will use both wifi if you are connected and if not it will use your data connection.

I just tried it and it worked. This wasn't an issue with the previous version.
    06-29-09 09:33 PM
    I just tried it and it worked. This wasn't an issue with the previous version.
    Same here! This is my first time using Bolt so I wouldn't know about any previous versions.

Perhaps this will be looked at for tje next beta.

06-29-09 10:47 PM
    I tried bolt awhole ago, went back to the native browser but now trying bolt again.

When I installed the latest version, it still identifies itself as a mobile browser, so I still see only mobile versions of sites. How do I change that?

Thanks!

06-29-09 11:54 PM
    I was just on BOLT browsing cnn.com & played an imbedded video they had on their site! Extremely smooth too!

06-30-09 01:18 AM
    I was just on BOLT browsing cnn.com & played an imbedded video they had on their site! Extremely smooth too!

All of the videos I came across on CNN.com require flash, and will not load.
    06-30-09 02:06 AM
    I downloaded this new Bolt a couple hours ago. So far, I'm liking it better than Opera. It's fast and I like how webpages (mobile site and regular sites) look on my Curve 8900.

For now this gets a big thumb up.
    06-30-09 02:19 AM
    Thank goodness for Opera Mini. I'm trying to get on the Bolt bandwagon, but this app seems to get worse everytime I use it. Not sure if their servers are slow on my end, but it's taking at least 20 seconds for a page to load. Let's not mention the new streaming video feature. That's a joke. It takes forever to load the video. Then once it begins to play, there is no way to adjust the volume. Most videos I attempted to watch kept dropping a signal.
    If you click on a link from YouTube site, it loads the video in their hideous player. I'd rather watch it on the Blackberry media player, than the one they offer.
    06-30-09 02:22 AM
    I just downloaded the upgrade and so far it seems alot faster and ALOT less buggy.
    06-30-09 02:36 AM
    Anybody having trouble with menues in Bolt? They either
    Don't come up or if it does, disappears as I scroll down
    Really aggrevating. I'm using a curve 8350i running 4.6.1.204
    Anyone else with this issue?

Thanks in advance!

06-30-09 06:58 AM
    Anybody having trouble with menues in Bolt? They either
    Don't come up or if it does, disappears as I scroll down
    Really aggrevating. I'm using a curve 8350i running 4.6.1.204
    Anyone else with this issue?

Thanks in advance!

I haven't had any issues with the menu's....
    06-30-09 09:59 AM
    Thank goodness for Opera Mini. I'm trying to get on the Bolt bandwagon, but this app seems to get worse everytime I use it. Not sure if their servers are slow on my end, but it's taking at least 20 seconds for a page to load. Let's not mention the new streaming video feature. That's a joke. It takes forever to load the video. Then once it begins to play, there is no way to adjust the volume. Most videos I attempted to watch kept dropping a signal.
    If you click on a link from YouTube site, it loads the video in their hideous player. I'd rather watch it on the Blackberry media player, than the one they offer.
    Thats weird, I had only one bar yesterday & was able to stream & all. The vids loaded between 5-7 seconds without any hiccups. Again, thats with only 1 bar of srvc.
    06-30-09 10:03 AM
    Don't notice any difference between this new version and the older version as far as browsing web pages. I have a 8130 though so not sure if its my phone that's just not that great. Wish we could view flash.

06-30-09 11:15 AM
    I'm surprised with browser today, if only one company made a browser with tabs, speed, and flash. That would be the best browser to date.

What's going on with firefox and there mobile browser? They would dominate the market on desktops and mobile, why is it so hard to do that????
    06-30-09 02:19 PM
    can't connect to edge, read somewhere you have to disable the checked wifi in preferences but thats not practical.

hangs pretty severely at 20%

also, anyone know how to bypass the message asking to allow bolt to connect to its server?
    06-30-09 05:29 PM
    can't connect to edge, read somewhere you have to disable the checked wifi in preferences but thats not practical.

hangs pretty severely at 20%

also, anyone know how to bypass the message asking to allow bolt to connect to its server?
    Mine hangs at 20% quite often as well.
    It's also difficult to use the select text feature. It's very hard to get the mouse pointer excatly where I want to begin selecting text.
    Last edited by cdf3; 06-30-09 at 06:04 PM.
    06-30-09 06:01 PM
    I've got this weird problem with bolt and videos. I have a storm 9530 and when i first loaded Bolt beta 3 it was working fine with videos on youtube and such. But now when i go to youtube it says that its transcoding the videos and click launch to play it in the media player. I click launch and nothing happens. Anyone know how to fix it so that videos are playing in the Bolts browser again?
    07-01-09 12:31 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD