Bolt Browser

Bolt Browser Beta3 Released - Adds Copy and Paste; Brings WebKit4 Rendering and More to your Browsing Experience.....

IMHO, this is the best browser for the Blackberry to date!

WATCH. CONNECT. SURF.
    View streaming videos
    Enjoy all the features of your favorite social networking site
    Subscribe to RSS feeds
    Shop securely
    Browse any website

UNCOMPROMISED WEB EXPERIENCE
    Full desktop PC-style browsing on all types of mobile phones
    Web content is never reformatted, repurposed, or removed
    06-29-09 09:37 AM
    I just downloaded the new Beta3 Bold Browser. I have a question though, what is WebKit4 Rendering? And what are some shorcuts in bolt browser such as going all the way down to the page and going all the way up to the page?
    06-29-09 09:43 AM
    I just downloaded the new Beta3 Bold Browser. I have a question though, what is WebKit4 Rendering? And what are some shorcuts in bolt browser such as going all the way down to the page and going all the way up to the page?
    To go to the extreme top of the page press the letter "T". For the bottom of the page press the letter "B".
    06-29-09 09:48 AM
    I just downloaded Bolt 1.04. Is this the Beta 3 you're referring to?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 09:50 AM
    I still don't like how Bolt reload pages you've already loaded when going back to the previous page or pages. Without that capability Opera Mini still seems faster to me. Opera Mini loads the page once, but allows you to go right back to it without reloading it. You have to load it both times using Bolt. The copy feature is a nice addition though.

06-29-09 10:01 AM
    I just have the regular bolt browser. It painfully slow and I hate it.
    06-29-09 10:09 AM
    I just have the regular bolt browser. It painfully slow and I hate it.
    Bolt has always been slower than Opera Mini to me. I just visited a few pages using Opera Mini, which took about 2-4 seconds to load for each page. I did the same using Bolt, which took 9-12 seconds to load for the same pages. People claim that Bolt is faster than Opera Mini, but it has never been the case for me. I wonder if it has something to do with your carrier, phone type, and cell tower.

06-29-09 10:23 AM
    I'm having problems downloading from the blackberry specific download link. It just tells me download failed. any ideas? I have a curve 8310
    06-29-09 10:51 AM
    Bolt is faster in my opinion. I wasn't really a fan of Opera Mini because sometimes it didn't render pages correctly where as I haven't had that issue with Bolt.
    One thing I have noticed tho is when say you need to type in a username, it doesn't take you to another page to do it, it stays in the text box like normal browsers do.

What is WebKit4? I've briefly read about it, but didn't fully understand it?

Also, for those of you with wifi enabled phones, there's an option to surf on wifi. Make sure that's checked, and your experience will become much faster even with higher settings.

06-29-09 10:57 AM
    I just downloaded Bolt 1.04. Is this the Beta 3 you're referring to?
    Yep, this is Beta-3.

06-29-09 10:59 AM
    If anyone is having trouble downloading this version I had to delete my old bolt browser then instal the new one and it worked! going on a test drive now
    06-29-09 11:21 AM
    If anyone is having trouble downloading this version I had to delete my old bolt browser then instal the new one and it worked! going on a test drive now
    Whoa.. My name is Rogelio in real life... Wtf. That's so weird I'd never thought I would see that in someones username. Anyways hope it goes well for you so far so good for me. Didn't notice any bugs yet

06-29-09 12:16 PM
    However, it does take you to another screen when typing in messages. Third beta and getting better. Noticed a "slight" browser lag around 6, 14, and 50% when going to sites online. All three were at different times while browsing. But, after the "minimal" lag, moves very quickly.

06-29-09 12:29 PM
    cant say im too impressed! opera mini is waaaaaaaay faster! and a lot less of a pain in the ***. thats slow and frustrating! lol seriously!
    06-29-09 12:35 PM
    Yeah, I've used OP in the past.

06-29-09 12:40 PM
    Opera mini still is not optimized for the Storm, right??

The only bug I found was that when you click on the address bar the keyboard won't come up

06-29-09 12:47 PM
    I know this isn't a web browser discussion thread but I didn't like opera mini. I'm back to the native browser after a few weeks of opera and much happier

I may download the bolt beta just so I can say I have had a taste of all three though

06-29-09 12:59 PM
    cant say im too impressed! opera mini is waaaaaaaay faster! and a lot less of a pain in the ***. thats slow and frustrating! lol seriously!
    You're right! I agree that Opera Mini is faster. I'm yet to figure out how people are saying that Bolt is faster when you can't go back to the previous page or pages without it reloading them again. It doesn't cache the pages. Opera Mini blows Bolt away when viewing Crackberry Wap Forums. I can navigate through post, and back my way back to the main page within seconds. If I try to back my way back using Bolt, it will load every single page I've already visited.
    06-29-09 01:15 PM
    Now with the new upgrade I would say bolt is faster. I hated how the old verison would stop at 20. The new one is almost flawless

06-29-09 01:39 PM
    bolt gets a big thumbs down from this cat! however, im new to a storm and im not all that impressed with opera as well. the native browser seem to be the most user friendly. if only opera could figure out a couple little glitches and then i'd be happier with it. i dont like how you dont need to click the screen and just tapping it selects what you highlight. and ive never been a fan of having to go to a blank page to input. i have my left conveinence key set to keyboard and it doesnt work in opera for some reason. as well, (i know this is a bolt thread) i dont like how you have to menu key to select "yes" and so on.. those things aside (sounds like a lot once i typed it out) Opera wins them all!!
    06-29-09 01:44 PM
    I don't understand why people dislike opera. I use my browser for hours a day, for work and play, and opera takes the cake, bar none. Of course it has its problems, but they pale in comparision to the default browsers ridiculous lag and bolts lack of cache. Some one enlighten me

06-29-09 01:49 PM
    i have a bold and my bolt browser is faster than opera mini over wifi.
    06-29-09 01:59 PM
    I gave all three a try, blackberry bold default browser, bolt, and opera mini. i used to love Opera Mini, but just found zooming in pages so frustrating and the text, so i downloaded Bolt. I was expecting something amazing, it was great, especially with the upgrade. But i just found highlighting pages so unattractive, blackberry browser is great, the look, the browsing, everything.

Only if there was a browser with Opera mini speeds, blackberry look, and bolts full desktop like rendering that would be a winner.
    06-29-09 02:04 PM
    I feel the same way. Webpages look great on Bolt but not worth sacrificing Opera's speed.
    06-29-09 02:18 PM
    I got a question....

How come when I have wifi checked it will not allow me to access any pages in BOLT when I am in EDGE only.

Will the app not distinguish to switch between EDGE and Wifi? Or will I have to check it everytime I go home and am in wifi areas?
    06-29-09 02:48 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD