Any one find anything new?
    Found that you can now stop pages from loading in the middle of page loads.
    Also noticed that using the space bar or the navigational buttons, now move in full pages instead of small increments like before.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Jayp03; 02-16-09 at 02:37 AM.
    02-16-09 02:13 AM
    Weres the link?

02-16-09 02:16 AM
    Just open up ur bolt browser. It shud ask for an update automatically.

02-16-09 02:17 AM
    Nice, just installed it. Trying it now

I can tell there's a new icon. They made it smaller and ssmoother
    02-16-09 02:20 AM
    I just downloaded it. The cursor moves better, it's still "jerky" but the jumps are linear so it makes using it a lot easier.
    It actually seems quicker if that's possible.
    Entering a URL allows you to enter it without deleting the entire current URL.

The improvements are nice and help the useability drastically. I'll come back after I've used it for a couple days to add more input.

02-16-09 03:44 AM
    I don't like the new larger icon BTW

02-16-09 03:47 AM
    The new icon is smaller and better the old one was huge on my 8900

02-16-09 04:27 AM
    I still find Opera a much quicker / smoother browser on my 8330 using 1X speed.

02-16-09 07:40 AM
    Navigation continues to get better! I can't wait for a new version so it can get even better.

02-16-09 08:35 AM
    The one page down is nice with the space bar. Ill have to use it for a while myself to see if there are any more improvements.

Wish there was a button to automatically zoom when you want to read something, cause for basic pages I like the large which shows you more screen, but if there was a blog or news I want to read, one button zooming would be better.

I find I am only really using this browser now, which didn't happen with Opera.
    I only us the BB browser for specidic things, but another interesting thing I'm realozing is Bolt doesn't use ip your memory resources.

WCM
    02-16-09 09:31 AM
    I still find Opera a much quicker / smoother browser on my 8330 using 1X speed.

Agree. I tried the bolt for a day and switched back to opera. I'm running 4.5 on my 8100 but bolt was still sooo slow n I didn't like the cursor. Opera is a lot easier to navigate. When I hear its improved maybe ill switch again.

02-16-09 10:08 AM
    I updated this morning when I read this! I think there are a lot of improvements! The cursor has gotten better and moving threw the pages is a lot easier! I think maybe after the next release if they add flash this could compete with skyfire!!!!!! P.s. Opera is whack! I hate opera even when I used to run winmo I hated it!

02-16-09 12:26 PM
    When I open my bolt beta it doesn't try to update at all and I can't see where to update. Any help?

02-16-09 02:35 PM
    For some reason Bolt is giving me the same issue as Opera Mini. whenever I hit the BB icon to bring up the menu, it opens and closes way to fast to see, however remains open even though invisible... So for instance if you can remember that search is the first option, and close is the last then at least you can use those two features. But it's a real pain to exit out and restart the app just to enter a web address.
    02-16-09 02:41 PM
    I keep getting an error "internet not available:" when I put wifi on has anyone else had this problem?
    02-16-09 02:54 PM
    Are Bitstreams survers down or what? It refuses to download past 1/4 of the way. It freezes up my phone, yet I have over 30 Mb free and I can download other apps flawlessly. Idk what the deal is.

02-16-09 03:54 PM
    For some reason Bolt is giving me the same issue as Opera Mini. whenever I hit the BB icon to bring up the menu, it opens and closes way to fast to see, however remains open even though invisible... So for instance if you can remember that search is the first option, and close is the last then at least you can use those two features. But it's a real pain to exit out and restart the app just to enter a web address.
    The issue with opera with the flashing menus was related to the themes from what I knew. Probably the same with this bolt. Change your theme and you'll probably be good.

02-16-09 05:37 PM
    The new icon is smaller and better the old one was huge on my 8900

that's odd because with this version the icon on my 8330 is the size of the highlight circle when I scroll over it. It's a small complaint, but still. I did a battery pull to see if it changed to a smaller one, it didn't.
    02-16-09 05:42 PM
    double post, I suck at the internets
    02-16-09 08:25 PM
    still buggy and the icon looks crappy compared to the other versions, but it has some promise
    02-16-09 08:29 PM
    Are Bitstreams survers down or what? It refuses to download past 1/4 of the way. It freezes up my phone, yet I have over 30 Mb free and I can download other apps flawlessly. Idk what the deal is.

I've been having trouble downloading videos. Audio podcasts download perfectly, but when I load up a video (CNET's Loaded, for example), it appears to download, but when I try to view, it only shows 15 to 20 seconds, and then restarts the video. Even when I forward further into the video, it does the same thing. Pretty frustrating, but I do see a lot of promise with this browser. The fonts continue to look better, and it's getting much easier to scroll around.
    02-16-09 10:23 PM
    They made da scrolling worse.. I liked how it was before..

02-16-09 11:13 PM
    anyone with a 8800 find that the bolt browser cursor very slow?
    02-17-09 12:31 AM
    The issue with opera with the flashing menus was related to the themes from what I knew. Probably the same with this bolt. Change your theme and you'll probably be good.

Thanks! went back to a stock theme and it works like a charm.
    02-17-09 03:03 AM
    Got prompted to upgrade when I opened Bolt this am. Upgrade went without a hitch.

It does seem smoother when trying to navigate with the trackball. The browser is still fast. This time the upgrade didn't wipe out my favorites.

Will have to play with it some more, but so far I'm liking each upgrade.
    02-17-09 06:07 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD