I just downloaded Bolt and it seems much faster than the BB Browser. Is there a way to make Bolt the default browser?
    06-19-10 04:42 AM
    nope, just like all the others threads asking this exact same question. No.
    06-19-10 06:16 AM
    To make Bolt your default browser:
    Bolt Browser - FAQ
    What do you mean that BlackBerry Launcher makes BOLT the default browser for BlackBerrys?

Install the BOLT BlackBerry Launcher in addition to the BlackBerry specific version of BOLT. When you wish to open a link in a plain- text email or SMS/MMS link, select “Get Link in BOLT” via the left menu key, and it will open the link directly in BOLT.
    CrackBerry Blog Regarding Bolt As Default Browser
    BOLT Browser 1.6 Released for BlackBerry Smartphones - Ability to Set as Default Browser and More
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/new...rowser-380583/
    06-19-10 06:27 AM
    Probably to 1000th time this has been asked.

The Bolt Browser uses an external server to decode/render your viewed pages. It then uses the BOLT browser on your BlackBerry as a display device. This is why it is fast.

The default BlackBerry browser does all this on the phione with no external browser.

When the BOLT (or Opera-mini) server(s) are idle, you will get very good response times on loaded pages.

Can you guess what happens at peak and server overload times? What do you think security is like on sever based browsers? Good fun for banking I should imagine.

What happens when the server fails?

Stick with the BlackBerry browser, imo.
    06-19-10 06:29 AM
    I agree. On 3G or WiFi the BB browser provides fine response times.
    06-19-10 07:24 AM
    The BlackBerry browser is fast loading mobile sites. But it does a poor job rendering many full web sites. Orbitz.com, Trip Advisor, Travelocity, The Travel Channel, TijuanaFlats.com, Teva.com etc do not function properly using the BlackBerry browser. i use Bolt for web browsing (i do a lot of browsing on my BlackBerry bc i don't have a PC).

If you like Bolt, you may want to give http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/uzard-browser-476216/ a try. It's wicked fast (compared to BlackBerry and Bolt) and supports Flash sites such as Silk Soymilk, Made with Soy - One of Nature's Perfect Proteins |. UZard is still beta but it has great potential. i use it more than Bolt for full web pages.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-10 08:07 AM
    Thanks. I'll have to check that out.
    06-19-10 09:19 AM
    Chill, Chrisy. Sometimes we make mistakes. In any event, I appreciate the quick reply.
    06-19-10 11:33 AM
    Chill? i was simply providing an answer. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-10 12:08 PM
    Chill, Chrisy. Sometimes we make mistakes. In any event, I appreciate the quick reply.
    You might want to re-read chrisy's response. She didn't criticize you, and she's the only responder to give you the correct answer. You can make Bolt the default browser, and she told you how to do it.
    06-19-10 12:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD