Just tried to use bolt and was told there was a new update for 1.62 is this new??? Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-10 05:33 AM
    I got the same notification this morning. Downloaded the new version, haven't notice anything different. Maybe just a maintenance update.
    01-05-10 06:14 AM
    Same crappy interface, crappy font and painfully slow. I uninstalled it right away. No improvement.

01-05-10 06:22 AM
    Same crappy interface, crappy font and painfully slow. I uninstalled it right away. No improvement.

Works extremely well on my .405 Onyx.

01-05-10 07:23 AM

Works great for me on my 8330 and always has. It's by far the best browser for my berry. Opera is trying to be too pretty, the layout is clunky and it's not as fast as Bolt for me. I won't even mention the native browser because both I just mentioned blow it away.

P.S. I am running 4.5.0.175

P.S.S. The new version of Bolt seems a bit faster to load web pages. CNN and WoW armory load about a second faster.
    Last edited by Jaredius; 01-05-10 at 08:24 AM. Reason: performance
    01-05-10 08:08 AM
    Some people CAN'T be pleased no matter how hard you try.
    01-05-10 08:22 AM
    Really? Its fast and has the best desktop like view for web pages on my stock Tour. The only that needs to improve is the mouse cursor sensitivity.

01-05-10 09:02 AM
    I didn't get a notification. Do I just redownload Bolt? Or is there an update button in the program that I'm just not finding?

Never mind. Found it.
    01-05-10 09:28 AM
    That's all I did after seeing this thread.
    01-05-10 09:37 AM
    I find Bolt to be the best browser out there, hands down. Not sure what was in this update but its up and running smooth as ever.

01-05-10 09:58 AM
    My problems with it are it mixes up links in vbulletin forums, and too often when I click a link on a website, it just reloads the current page.

01-05-10 10:16 AM
    Bolt is my #1 go to browser, just wished they'd work on the UI a little bit. Also, after a page has loaded, within seconds it reloads again. I was hoping this update would have fixed that, but maybe it's just my phone.
    01-05-10 10:38 AM
    I also downloaded it too this morning. I got a 9700 Bold last Saturday, and I am wondering how I can make the main Bolt page's font bigger. It's sooooo small! I tried changing the magnification, but it stayed the same.
    01-05-10 10:46 AM
    I never new Bolt had a plugin to make Bolt the default browser and open links in emails, sms, etc.. That is cool. It just a separate download (2kb) right under the Bolt for BB download. It's either new or I never saw it before.

01-05-10 10:56 AM
    I never new Bolt had a plugin to make Bolt the default browser and open links in emails, sms, etc.. That is cool. It just a separate download (2kb) right under the Bolt for BB download. It's either new or I never saw it before.

It's a new feature that was part of the last update, v1.6 which rolled out in the beginning of December.
    01-05-10 11:23 AM
    It's a new feature that was part of the last update, v1.6 which rolled out in the beginning of December.
    Sweet.

It works well. I scrolled over a link in my BBM, hit the BB Menu and saw the option to open in Bolt, Default or Opera (I think this came with Opera already). So it just adds the option, not a hostile takeover! Nice.
    01-05-10 12:13 PM

User error.
    01-05-10 12:16 PM
    anyone have an issue when using Bolt to try and download say a Theme and getting a default connection error? I can't use Bolt to download themes - i have to use the native BB browser to do that...
    01-29-10 04:38 PM
    anyone have an issue when using Bolt to try and download say a Theme and getting a default connection error? I can't use Bolt to download themes - i have to use the native BB browser to do that...
    Never gotten that to work either

01-29-10 06:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD