Has anyone been able to download the updated Bolt Browser?
    02-15-10 11:01 AM
    sometimes you have to keep trying to download. bandwidth issues maybe.
    02-15-10 11:10 AM
    I did download it, but it did not display correctly, so, begrudgingly, i deleted the old version of the app (1.62 I believe it was) and then re-downloaded and installed. This seemed to fix the dislpay issues and is now working properly, although all of my settings and bookmarks were gone because of the deletion.

I have to say I was looking forward to this and am quite disappointed. I've always been a fan of Opera Mini and ever since Opera Mini 5 Beta 2 came out, I have been using Opera Mini exclusively for web browsing. I was hoping Bolt would be close to the Opera experience, but I think it falls well short. Although better than the default browser, it doesn't beat it by much. Pages don't load as fast as Opera, the UI is terrible IMO, widgets don't seem useful to me, too many options when I click the "options" button and not enough in the "preferences", but again this UI is poor. Just my opinion, but I may just wipe this completely off my device and I rarely delete apps (I use a ton - have over 25 currently installed).
    02-15-10 11:16 AM
    I was able to dload and install it without any trouble at all.

After using it for 2 minutes I promptly deleted it. It just doesn't seem touch screen friendly, nor does it seem as fast as Opera 5 b2.
    02-15-10 11:21 AM
    i only keep bolt around in case i cant view a site on BB web browser or opera. It just doesnt seem like its made for storm screens. I need a web browser that browses the web. I dont need it to work with facebook better or twitter better. I have aps for those that I like. Let me open a page and view it. Lets work on that for once.
    02-15-10 11:40 AM
    Bolt worked great on my Curve that was the primary web browser...
    On the S2 Bolt is not great and I'm not a fan of Opera either. The normal browser works fine for what I do.... BB does need to improve it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-10 11:43 AM
    I'm with you guys! I don't think Bolt was made for a touchscreen but I cn see where it would rock on other BB devices.

Opera is my browser of choice but I wish the scrolling was as good as my BB broswer.
    02-15-10 11:44 AM
    i agree opera would definitely be more beneficial for the touch screen.
    02-15-10 11:49 AM
    I looked for zooming options. Didn't find them, deleted on the spot once again. I only used it for my Espn fantasycast. I hope RIM has a new browser by then anyhow.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-10 12:31 PM
    Its really slow. That is the problem. Perhaps that should be addressed before any widgets and things like that.
    02-15-10 01:41 PM
    they really need a better zoom feature. But their is a setting where you can make it large, xl, xxl etc. I tried it, and it's not that bad to me. Haven't tried opera yet on my s2. Used it on my 9700 and it's been giving me memory problems. I will try it tonight.
    02-15-10 06:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD