Wow I didn't notice that until your post. That sucks. I'm sure they did it for performance reasons though.
    Crap. I was hoping I was doing it wrong or something
    03-23-10 08:30 PM
    Its a absolute crap ! Prefer Opera Mini 5 !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Can I say it again, "IT'S ABSOLUTE CRAAAAAAAAAAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!" This version SUCKS BALLZ worse than usual on the BOLD 9000!!!!!!

BOLT should just GIVE IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys are garbage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by mke67; 03-23-10 at 08:39 PM.
    03-23-10 08:34 PM
    You could always mute BerryPopup when you're using Bolt... you'll still get the LED notifying you something came in. BerryPopup just gets in my way when I'm trying to browse with purpose rather than just surfing. I love the mute feature.

Anyway, this version of Bolt looks like the same crappy version I tried last time only with tabs. I still hate the font, the lack of a zoom, the inconsistent behavior, and on a Bold, usually switching between page or column view is all I have to do to make any page work in the native browser. I igt be due for another Opera test, but as many times as I try Bolt, I still just don't feel inclined to leave it cluttering up my phone.
    You said it brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    03-23-10 08:36 PM
    Can I say it again, "IT's ABSOLUTE CRAAAAAAAAAAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!" This version SUCKS BALLZ worse than usual on the BOLD 9000!!!!!!

BOLT should just GIVE IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys are garbage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That's not very nice!

They obviously have a good development team working hard. I applaud them for their work!

It's not perfect... But it is a fine product!
    03-23-10 08:37 PM
    It's an absolute waste of time piece of crap. I still prefer the BB browser to all else on my VZW Tour.
    03-23-10 08:39 PM
    that's not very nice!

They obviously have a good development team working hard. I applaud them for their work!

It's not perfect... But it is a fine product!

Really?????? Ooookaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!
    03-23-10 08:41 PM
    I hate this s**t sooOo bad. I keep giving it a chance, and they keep giving us crapppp!!!

03-23-10 08:49 PM
    Same horrible font. Tried it and uninstalled it almost immediately.
    03-23-10 08:56 PM
    I think BOLT need's to get a NUT and Screw it self, would not even load a page or a youtube video. Stock Browser does it instantly. And bblauncher would not work either.
    03-23-10 09:09 PM
    Why would they even release this as an official version? It is the buggiest app I have ever installed on my bb. Virtually impossible to click a link, tiny font with no zoom, and when it does work pages load slower than the native browser. And freezes that require a battery pull? Really? Makes me appreciate opera mini 5, despite its problems.

03-23-10 09:12 PM
    As much as I hate the cracked out cursor on opera mini 5.... I prefer the opera to the new bolt. Bolt seems faster...but only slightly faster. The zooming in function is kind of stupid on the bolt browser.
    New build out for OM5 check it out. It fixes that annoying issue.

03-23-10 10:27 PM
    Here is what I pulled out of it in the last few minutes.

O zooms out
    I zooms in
    U allows you to control the mouse cursor going up. Hold it down for continuous scroll.
    N allows you to go down
    H towards the left
    K towards the right
    Z & V activate the search field.
    D does a split screen. The top side is the far zoomed out, the bottom side is zoomed in. The two are connected.
    E allows you to scroll up the page
    X allows you to scroll down the page.
    S scrolls to the left
    F scrolls to the right.
    A toggles the history tab
    0 as in zero toggles the favorites tab
    Q toggles the feeds tab.
    G takes you to the address bar so you may type your website.
    T as you have suspected takes you to the top of the site.
    B takes you to the bottom of the site.
    Escape key stops a loading page. The arrow curved like the letter 'U' and pointing backwards.
    03-24-10 04:36 PM
    I have a feeling they lost more users than they gained thanks to 2.0....lol
    03-24-10 07:15 PM
    Why they release Beta's to the general public and not just qualified beta tester's really dumbfounds me, as it seems to hurt them more than anything else if the build is not near perfect yet.
    03-25-10 09:20 AM
    I have a feeling they lost more users than they gained thanks to 2.0....lol
    May I ask why that is?

2.0, tabbed browsing aside, seems to be a much better browser to me vs 1.6.
    03-25-10 03:08 PM
    May I ask why that is?

I agree. 1.6 would not work well in my device. Pages didn't display well--pages seemed to get stuck half way when scrolling left/right making images overlay each other, and it took multiple clicks to make links work.

2.0 displays pages better. The two biggest issues for me are the lack of a single column view and it's still very slow to load pages most of the time.
    03-26-10 12:42 PM
    May I ask why that is?

If you haven't noticed the issues then it probably wouldn't apply to you.

It's horribly broken for a lot of people, to the point where they can't really use it as a browser.

Luckily for them, Opera also botched the OM5 release, otherwise they might have more of a problem.
    03-26-10 01:49 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD