Just got my New BB Bold 9780 on orange.

I have a limited data plan (500mb) and am concerned using 3g to access the app world will use my allowance up too quickly so turned off data to rely on my wi fi network while im at home.

This worked fine for my first 2 days then i updated the app world and now i just get error messages saying i dont have enough signal etc but only when trying to use the app world or blackberrys own website accessing other websites this way works fine.

Any suggestions welcomd
    02-06-11 10:06 AM
    I think I heard somewhere that the updated versions only works on mobile data and not through a wifi network.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-11 10:18 AM
    thanks for your replies, so it is possible to go back to the older version of app world?...surely people will get pretty pee'd off with that??
    02-06-11 10:54 AM
    Wait, what? Even if you leave your data on and turn on wifi (which becomes your main connection), you're still using part of your data allowance when you access App World? I don't understand how that works but if it is in fact true, that's pretty stupid.
    Last edited by BlackBerry.est08; 02-06-11 at 02:17 PM.
    02-06-11 02:15 PM
    Wait, what? Even if you leave your data on and turn on wifi (which becomes your main connection), you're still using part of your data allowance when you access App World? I don't understand how that works but if it is in fact true, that's pretty stupid.
    Who said that?

What they are saying is that the updated version doesn't work over WiFi.
    02-06-11 02:22 PM
    Who said that?

What they are saying is that the updated version doesn't work over WiFi.
    Yeah, misread what OP was asking. What I was trying to get at was why is OP turning off data all together? If he leaves it on and turns on wifi, he's not using his data is he? I don't remember seeing App World working when data was turned off completely with wifi enabled, data needs to be on along with wifi.
    02-06-11 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD