Hi sometime last week my phone went to a white screen with "app error 606" on it and "restart" under it but when i restart it goes back to the same screen so i had a look on the internet for solutions and found that my OS needed re-installing, and me having no idea how to do this thort id take it to the vodafone shop to see if they could do it because i heard that they will re-install it for me but when i went there as soon as i said app error the guy said it was a "serious problem and would need to be sent away to be fixed" (never even had a look at my phone) at the cost off �100, anyway i know that its not gonna cost that much so today had another look online and found this link how to do it http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry i followed it upto step 3 but after i put my password in for the guy in the video it goes to this page
    but for me this happens

So any help/advice would be good
    Thanks
    07-12-11 03:14 PM
    So, presumably you've downloaded and installed the correct software for your device onto your PC?

If you have a Vodafone supplied handset (not a Carphone Warehouse one), then you should have installed OS 6.0.0.600 from here... https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...05D7C424EBAE5F

If your handset is not Vodafone supplied, then you'll need to delete the vendor.xml file from the bottom of the AppLoader folder.

Once you've done that, switch OFF your PC internet connection, hook up your phone up and try again.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Phill_UK; 07-13-11 at 07:31 PM.
    07-12-11 03:48 PM
    Hi, thanks for the advice, I got my phone from ebay (from a company not second hand or anything), i deleted the vendor file and turned my internet connection off but the same as above happened, anything else i can try.
    One more question aswell, if i can not do it myself could i send it back for a manufactures warranty because i'v had it less than a year or would they not do it? but i would prefer it if i could get it fixed myself because im already lost without it lol
    07-12-11 05:37 PM
    Iv tried what you said to do but still getting the same thing happening any other suggestions? please, one thing i have noticed tho as soon i connect my phone on the apploader and put my pass word in when it is going to the next screen (the one i screen shot above) the red light on my phone is going off so maybe its turning its self of not being able to be seen on the next bit, if this is the case anyone know how to fix it.
    07-13-11 06:37 PM
    Download BB Boss or BBSAK, wipe the device & try again.
    07-13-11 07:39 PM
    I've done a little research on this, and think I know what's happening now.

An App Error 606 is caused by a corrupt OS, which is probably why your phone is switching off and losing connection during the process.

If this is the case, you need to remove the corrupt OS completely from your phone before trying to reload another one.

Have a search for an app called BBSAK, and install it on your PC. Open the app and connect your phone (this may take a few attempts, but keep trying). Once connected, select Wipe Device then follow the instructions. Once wiped, use BBSAK to access AppLoader then follow your original 101 guide.

It might be worth doing a full PC file & folder search for any further hidden vendor.xml files before you start, and don't forget to keep your PC internet connection switched off during the OS load process.

Good luck again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-11 07:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD