Hey guys,

Can someone help me with my problem?

I have subscribed from my hotmail account to send me an SMS (text message) whenever I receive an email. Once you have received the notification, there are options in the SMS such as reply using just the letter 'M' to read the actual body of the email message.

All of this was fine until... I upgraded my 9700 to OS 6. I still get the message notifications but when I reply to read more of the message, it does nothing. However, if I use a third party SMS app such as crunchSMS then I am still able to continue.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by SVietNam; 02-18-11 at 10:47 PM. Reason: SOLVED
    11-17-10 12:41 PM
    sounds to me like the integration to OS6 might be the issue.
    11-17-10 12:44 PM
    Here's the scoop.... When you load in any OS 6 firmware, your text messaging options, the data coding is defaulted to send SMS's as bit 8. Change this to bit 7 or something else which will make it work. After this, you'll notice that you won't even have the option to select bit 8 again as it is gone forever.

How do I know this? Most people I sent SMS's to received no problem. There was one guy with a cheap phone who couldn't recognize my SMS format. In trying to help him, I helped myself.
    02-18-11 10:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD