So anytime I get an updated message on Facebook, my Bold 9700 makes a notification sound. So I went under the Sound Profile and turned the Facebook notification to "silent" and saved it and yet it still continues to make the notification sound (annoying at 3 AM). The only thing I have found to help is to set its volume to Level 1 but some reason I cannot get it to have no sound at all. No problems with other applications. Any ideas?

Thanks!
    12-05-09 10:27 PM
    Sorry, no advice here, but with the notification sound going off at three AM, I'm extremely happy that I never bothered to join Facebook! However, you do have my deepest sympathies.
    12-05-09 10:37 PM
    Try rebooting your phone and edit the sound profiles again.
    12-05-09 10:47 PM
    3am huh? Is the Berry in bedside mode then? Check to see which sound profile is active in bedside mode. And did you change all the profiles?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-09 11:12 PM
    Uninstall Facebook. The BlackBerry app stinks anyway.

12-05-09 11:19 PM
    Totally agree that the BB app for FB sucks.

I would have to agree with the maxiang about checking bedside mode, its not waking up and seeing alerts that didn't wake me during the night.
    12-06-09 09:24 AM
    Or instead of Volume 1, set the sound to "Mute" instead of "Tone" for FB notifications.
    12-06-09 02:34 PM
    Same problem here. It is really annoying when you set your phone to "Silent" while you're in a business meeting, then the phone decides on its own to emit an alert sound for a facebook message. The "mute" fix does not work, unfortunately. I guess I will be deleting the Facebook application. I never had this problem with the Bold 9000; it only started once I upgraded to the 9700.
    12-31-09 03:41 PM
    I put my phone on "all alerts off" or "phone only" when I go to bed and I've never had a problem.

12-31-09 03:46 PM
    I agree with bedside mode
    12-31-09 04:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD