I still have my 9700, I suppose I can test it with the 2.0.0.10 software, and assuming it still works, upgrade the OS to the .344 and see if it breaks.

I'll try to do that tonight. If it does break, would you like to borrow a 9700 with OS6 to see if you can make Blurts play nice with it?
    12-01-10 02:50 PM
    I have upgraded my OS to 6.0.0.358 and still no joys
    12-01-10 03:29 PM
    @jimmy2bob - 2.0.0.8 had a very bad defect that would prevent the PC from correctly receiving data from the BlackBerry so don't use it. But if you are not even getting a connection (icon not turning blue on PC) then you are not even getting to this defect yet.

My metrics show that there were at least:
    - 17 beta testers using 9700 with 6.0.0.358
    - 18 tester with 9700 & 6.0.0.344
    - 3 tester with 9780 with 6.0.0.285
    - in total 15 OS 6 versions were tested by the beta group (145 OS versions in total were tested from 4.2 to 6.0)

Doesn't absolutely rule out an issue with Blurts, but I would not assume it is Blurts just yet.
    12-01-10 03:55 PM
    Thanks for the stats. The problem is, it was working I think until I upgraded to OS6. Nothing has changed with my Windows 7 64x and I can connect and use bluetooth fine through windows. This is driving me mad and would love it to work!

Can I bypass bluetooth and force it to use a comport?
    12-01-10 07:01 PM
    I still have my 9700, I suppose I can test it with the 2.0.0.10 software, and assuming it still works, upgrade the OS to the .344 and see if it breaks.

I'll try to do that tonight. If it does break, would you like to borrow a 9700 with OS6 to see if you can make Blurts play nice with it?
    Okay, here are the results on this:

9700 with 2.0.0.10 worked fine. Upgraded 9700 to OS6 (.344) and installed Blurts from m.mlhsoftware.com. Running blurts on the handheld immediately caused it to lock up. I decided it might be due to lack of SIM card and moved my SIM over from the 9780, but it didn't help.

Out of ideas here, for the moment.
    12-02-10 11:50 AM
    @rcobourn - Not sure either. You might make sure that Bluetooth is enabled on your phone before you start Blurts.
    12-05-10 07:41 AM
    I think I might have find the issue with the Bluetooth connection not disconnecting correctly when the BlackBerry disconnects when using Broadcom driver. But it needs a lot more testing. Hope to have an update out by the end of the week.
    12-05-10 07:43 AM
    I have just downgraded the OS to 5.0.0.938 and Blurts connected straight away.

Blurts fully works as far as I can tell.

Will upgrade OS and see what happens there!
    12-08-10 07:49 AM
    Installed OS 6.0.0.35 and I think I have got to the bottom of why it is not working.

Under 'Services' when I had OS5, one of the services listed was 'Blurts something something' I do not have a screen shot of it but see attached screen shot, it is not there now.

My blurts logo is now blue, but I still can not connect.

Getting closer though I think!
    12-08-10 10:07 AM
    I do not think this is the same problem that everyone else has but, I have had blurts for a few months now and have used 1.1 and just upgraded to the latest yesterday. I have always have had problems with blurts not connecting. After I start my computer it connects fine but if I leave and return a few times (causing it to diconnect and reconnect a few times) it just fails to connect at all. I check the bluetooth settings and everything is set up right, blurts service is enabled and I can connect bluetooth to everything else on my computer but blurts wont connect. After I updated yesterday it connected fine, as did it this morning, but on both occasions it will just disconnect and won't reconnect until I restart my computer. Any Ideas?

HP Integrated module with Bluetooth 2.1 (I have tried both broadcom and windows drivers)
    Windows 7 x64 SP1
    12-12-10 03:26 PM
    Installed OS 6.0.0.35 and I think I have got to the bottom of why it is not working.

Under 'Services' when I had OS5, one of the services listed was 'Blurts something something' I do not have a screen shot of it but see attached screen shot, it is not there now.

My blurts logo is now blue, but I still can not connect.

Getting closer though I think!
    Same thing here, no sign of the Blurts service under OS6 on the device.
    12-14-10 09:56 AM
    just upgraded to 6.0.0.418 and still not working
    12-15-10 11:05 AM
    @GeordieStew - I assume you upgraded both the desktop and BlackBerry software to the latest version. When you click Download contacts, you should see an alert telling you the contacts have been download. Depending on how many contacts you have it might take awhile. Once they are download you can check then by pressing the Edit Contact button to see the contact list.

You also should make sure that you have set all the permission for Blurts to "Allow" on your BlackBerry.

Here are the step to access the Permissions for Blurts:
    - From the home screen select Options icon
    - Select Advanced Options
    - Select Applications
    - Choose Blurts
    - Select menu
    - Select Edit Permissions.
    - Set everything to Allow
    I am having this very problem. I have followed all instructions shown in the various posts here. When I choose Download Contacts, I get a brief message that preparing download, then almost immediately Down load complete. NO contacts are downloaded. I have uninstalled, reinstalled both desktop and Blackberry apps. All is set to allow. I have v 2.00.10 on both. As I stated I went through ALL the suggestions shown in this thread. THE CONTACTS WILL NOT DOWNLOAD. When I was using v1.1, the contacts ddownloaded OK. Waht is going on with this app. I am frustrated.
    Ted
    12-19-10 03:10 PM
    Same thing here, no sign of the Blurts service under OS6 on the device.
    Still no luck getting Blurts running on OS6 here. Has anyone had success with OS6 with the latest builds? I really miss Blurts, just barely not enough to go back to using my 9700 with OS5.
    12-28-10 05:39 PM
    Still no luck getting Blurts running on OS6 here. Has anyone had success with OS6 with the latest builds? I really miss Blurts, just barely not enough to go back to using my 9700 with OS5.
    Working fine on a 9650 with the official Sprint 6.0.
    12-28-10 05:45 PM
    I'm in the 9780 OS6 boat too. I can not get the phone to connect and stay connected. When I click into and show the connected bluetooth devices it will show connected for less than 1 second, and then disappear. Then, as long as Blurts is in Auto connect to Bluetooth mode, this vicious cycle will continue. The phone will work with the BB Desktop manager via bluetooth. I'm using the Microsoft Bluetooth drivers.

From what I've seen, I attempted to look at the services for the bluetooth...the Blurts service is unavailable in the service list. The only item that is listed is "Dial up Networking (DUN)".

Any resolution to what appears to be a compatibility issue with OS 6 (6.0.0.285) on the BB 9780 using Tmobile.
    12-29-10 03:41 PM
    We just released Blurts version 2.0.0.11 that addresses a few issues that have been reported since the last update and adds a few new features.

First the issues that have been addressed:
    • Fixed �Uncaught exception: No application instance� error when starting Blurts
    • Fixed issue that caused Blurts to lock up and required a battery pull when there is no email account setup on the BlackBerry
    • Fixed issue with Blurts not disconnecting correctly when the Bluetooth connection is lost via COM Port
    • Fixed cosmetic issue with �Sent� count on BlackBerry
    • Added more error checking for Contacts download

New features in desktop software:
    • Opacity (transparency) setting for Alert window
    • Opacity (transparency) setting for Toolbar window
    • Toolbar remembers last position when minimized
    • Option for toolbar to show/hide on connect/disconnect
    • Clearing the SMS history will also remove it from the contacts history tab
    • Improved Call Alert PhoneNumber / FormattedNumber attribute for scripting

New features in BlackBerry software:
    • Menu option to open BlackBerry Bluetooth settings screen
    • Visual feedback when Bluetooth is disabled on BlackBerry

Visit the download page to download the latest version: Blurts by MLH Software

Remember to update both your BlackBerry software and desktop software.
    01-02-11 06:17 PM
    Wooohooo! Everything syncs up without an issue with OS6! Great update here! Thanks to the guys at MLH Software!
    01-03-11 08:08 AM
    doesnt work for me still no blurts in the bluetooth services list like there is for OS5
    01-03-11 03:52 PM
    @jimmy2bob - email me at feedback or support and lets see if we can figure it out.
    01-05-11 08:50 PM
    Same issue here, no Blurts service. Latest version of Blurts on machine and phone, Sprint 9330 with official OS6 rom on it.

I completely wiped my machine and phone and started from scratch with the exact same issue. I can do everything bluetooth except Blurts, it just never shows as running. I've got many, many hours into this and still nothing. All worked fine with the older version (1.x) of Blurts but the new one never shows up.

I had a few emails with MLH but nothing that was of any help. Looks like my setup is just incompatible with the software.

HP 6530b laptop w/WinXP, Sprint BB 9330 on OS6, Broadcom integrated Bluetooth.
    02-03-11 09:48 AM
    Ever since the last update to 2.0.0.11 everything was working perfectly! Now, I just upgraded my BB to 6.0.0.448 and I am not able to get a connection. This was the same issue that I was having before the update to Blurts v2.0.0.11 came out? Has anyone else experienced this issue yet?
    Last edited by mcgoo25; 02-09-11 at 09:00 AM. Reason: typo
    02-09-11 08:58 AM
    Ever since the last update to 2.0.0.11 everything was working perfectly! Now, I just upgraded my BB to 6.0.0.448 and I am not able to get a connection. This was the same issue that I was having before the update to Blurts v2.0.0.11 came out? Has anyone else experienced this issue yet?
    Alright, for some reason it connected today. You can disregard the above post.

I didn't change anything on my end though, which is the peculiar aspect of the situation.

Thanks again to MLH for creating this wonderful program. I find it so very useful, and totally worth it!
    02-10-11 08:09 AM
    Love this app any plans on send and receive email like you can SMS? The new clipboard copy paste is a great improvement and helps but it is still multi-step to get and send email from PC through BB.
    02-10-11 01:48 PM
    Question: I have purchased Blurts Pro and it's a good software. However I was put down for two issues. One is that I couldn't connect without Bluetooth and the second issue is that I was of the impression that SMS could be backed up on the PC. Are my assumptions wrong or right? Thanks!
    02-14-11 05:27 AM
175 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD