Thanks for this. I have tried to install again via the download page on the website, but it is still installing v 2.0.0.8?

Sadly I still have the same problem!

Many thanks

Jamie
    11-20-10 10:33 AM
    We did not change the version on the desktop software (it is still 2.0.0.8) so that you would not have also update the BlackBerry software.

When you go to the options screen in Blurts, on the Bluettooth tab do you see an option to select a COM port, or fields for BlackBerry and Address?

It is important to note that there are many Bluetooth services (such as Headset, Handsfree, Dial-Up Networking, Audio Source, etc) that can connect between your BlackBerry and PC, it is the "Blurts" service that must connect in order for our application to work. The applies if using the COM Port option.
    11-20-10 10:47 AM
    I have unpaired via windows and then tried to pair using the bluetooth tab. attached is the screenshot of it!

It did work but now it doesnt, I am quite IT savvy but this has got me stumped!!
    11-20-10 05:32 PM
    I have installed blurts 2.0 on a PC with windows 7 does everything but place call. Can you help me?
    11-22-10 08:36 AM
    Having trouble with alerts showing up on my computer screen.

After upgrading to the newest version of OS 6 on my Bold 9700, I re-downloaded Blurts. I've been a Blurts Pro user for a while now. I then downloaded the newest pc software to my computer.

I'm using the COM port version.

Everything is connected, but no alerts are showing up on my computer, except the initial connection message. No emails, sms or phone call alerts. Doesn't show the disconnect message when I reset the blackberry either. I can make calls and send sms from Blurts.

I've tried using the new screen capture feature, it doesn't seem to do anything at all.

I've tried rebooting everything several times. I have all permissions set to allow. Oddly enough, when I set this up on my work computer earlier --- which uses the Microsoft bluetooth --- the alerts worked ok.

Any help you can give me would be much appreciated. I do love Blurts when it works.
    11-22-10 11:40 PM
    WIndows XP professional
    BB Torch 9800
    Virtual Port COM11

All working fine apart from notifications
    Also cannot download contacts from BB to PC
    11-23-10 05:28 AM
    I have tried to install blurts on my laptop and this does not work either.

Is blurts compatible with OS6 ?
    11-26-10 05:31 AM
    @jimmy2bob - The bluetooth pairing can still be hit or miss at time even for me on the same machine. I can only suggestion you delete the pairing and reboot and start again fresh. Blurts is compatible with OS6.

@frankie_f - Do you get any error message? Can you provide more detail of what you are doing to place a call?

@pmy - Blurts does work best with Microsoft bluetooth. When using the COM port does the "Send Test Msg" work? What bluetooth software are you using?

@ar737 - Does "Send Test Msg" work for you? If you are not able to send a test message, then there is still something not setup correctly with the COM port. It might be that the COM port is allowing outbound traffic but not inbound. What bluetooth software are you using?
    Last edited by MLH Software; 11-26-10 at 11:15 AM.
    11-26-10 11:12 AM
    I have spent all night trying to fix but I have totally no idea why blurts will not work. Are there any plans to connect via USB?
    11-26-10 05:22 PM
    Some users have reported having issue with the COM Port configuration when using Broadcom bluetooth drivers. We have tested Toshiba bluetooth drivers (used by Dell and Sony laptops) using the Virtual COM Port and have not found any issues. We are working to find Broadcom bluetooth drivers to test.

Please let us know if you are using any other brands of bluetooth drivers with the COM Port configuration and having issues. (Also let us know when brands are working so we can compile a list.)
    11-27-10 10:28 PM
    Blurts works best with Microsoft bluetooth drivers. We recommend switch to Microsoft bluetooth drivers for best results. Note switching your bluetooth drivers is an advance process and we can not help you.
    11-27-10 10:30 PM
    We have just confirmed that Blurts 2.0 does not work with Broadcom Bluetooth drivers. We are working on a fix ASAP.
    11-28-10 01:12 PM
    Thanks for your replies.

As far as I know, I am using either dell or microsoft bluetooth and RIM virtual comports - these were set up automatically and works fine when connecting Blackberry desktop manager 6 via bluetooth.

Please advise!
    11-28-10 02:56 PM
    @jimmy2bob - Can you attach a screen shot of the Bluetooth tab from Blurts PC options?
    11-28-10 05:11 PM
    It is the same from a previous post..

attached!
    11-29-10 04:55 AM
    After upgrading to .10, I am not getting any connection between Blurts on device and phone. I'm not 100% sure it was the upgrade's fault though, as I also just got a new 9870 and was in process of switching over to that when the Blurts update was posted. Anyone else develop new connection problems?
    11-29-10 05:21 PM
    @rcobourn - We have had a lot of positive feedback with 2.0.0.10. You might try and pairing your new phone again with your PC.
    11-29-10 09:52 PM
    sadly .10 does not help me!
    11-30-10 03:54 AM
    @ar737 - Does "Send Test Msg" work for you? If you are not able to send a test message, then there is still something not setup correctly with the COM port. It might be that the COM port is allowing outbound traffic but not inbound. What bluetooth software are you using?[/QUOTE]

HI

Version 10 looks OK - getting the text messages on screen now !
    Also managed to download contacts.

I'm using DELL Wireless 370 Bluetooth mini-card (built in my laptop).

thanks
    Last edited by ar737; 11-30-10 at 04:41 AM.
    11-30-10 04:32 AM
    I'm not seeing the address tab to import my address book. What can I do?
    11-30-10 11:34 AM
    @wrehrig - In Blurts 2.0 the address tab went away from the setup menu, and now you will find a "Contacts" menu option when you right click the Blurts icon in the windows notification area.
    11-30-10 08:21 PM
    We have just confirmed that Blurts 2.0 does not work with Broadcom Bluetooth drivers. We are working on a fix ASAP.
    Since upgrading to 2.0, I cannot download contacts from my 9630. Might the Broadcom Bluetooth driver explain this (it's what I have on my HP laptop) or are the issues more severe (e.g. no connection)? Been tearing my hair out trying to figure out why I can't download contacts with this version (previous version was ok).

Windows XP, all latest updates

Thanks

UPDATE: I was just prompted to update to 2.0.0.10 and after updating, my contacts download finally WORKED!! Looking forward to using Blurts again!! Thanks for the update guys!
    Last edited by websta; 12-01-10 at 01:33 PM. Reason: problem solved
    12-01-10 09:06 AM
    After upgrading to .10, I am not getting any connection between Blurts on device and phone. I'm not 100% sure it was the upgrade's fault though, as I also just got a new 9870 and was in process of switching over to that when the Blurts update was posted. Anyone else develop new connection problems?
    So I tried deleting and redoing the pairing, I tried updating my netbook with the .10 software and pairing new phone with that. Still no joy.

Is blurts known to work with the 9870 and/or OS 6?

Can you post links for the 2.0.0.8 version for the device so I can downgrade and see if the new version is the problem? I have the 2.0.0.8 desktop installer.

I'm having another issue in that Mobihand updated the codes for most of my apps for the device change, but not for Blurts and one other, and haven't responded to queries about it, so pro isn't running on the device... I am assuming this is not relevant to the connection issue though.

Regards,

Bob
    12-01-10 02:32 PM
    I put the 2.0.0.8 desktop software on and that made no difference, so it is either the new device or the device software causing the problem, I think.
    12-01-10 02:40 PM
    I am having trouble connecting via bluetooth but I am not sure why. Everything seems to be paired ok. Re installed both desktop and phone software.

Using Desktop and Bold 9700 version 2.0.08

Bold OS 6.0.0.344

I can connect via bluetooth to blackberry desktop manager.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Jamie
    I'm thinking we are having the same problem. I have the 9780 with a release OS6, you have the 9700 with a leaked OS6 (I assume) that is probably virtually identical. The OS modules on my phone are 6.0.0.285. It would be nice to know if anyone running a Bold or Bold2 with OS6 is having success with Blurts.
    12-01-10 02:47 PM
175 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD