I have to say Blurts Pro is the most useful app I've purchased for my BB.

I'm running Blurts Pro on a Windows 7 machine with Toshiba BT stack using the Virtual COM port for the blackberry.

I am having an issue when I receive MMS messages. A few seconds before my phone receives the message, the Blurts notification pops up with the following error:
    System.Xml.XmlException: '.', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 2, position 230. at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e) at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowInvalidChar(Int3 2 pos, Char invChar) at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText(Int32& startPos, Int32& endPos, Int32& outOrChars) at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText() at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent() at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace) at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc) at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader) at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String xml) at Blurts.MainForm.displayData(Object sender, EventArgs e)

I created the debug folder to capture the message.

It's more of an annoyance than an actual problem. When I see the error, I know I'm getting an MMS

Just curious if anyone else is experiencing this issue ...

Thanks ...
    03-19-10 09:25 AM
    @dleiftah - Thanks for the feedback. Blurts currently does not support or ignore MMS and there fore you see this error when they are received.
    03-19-10 09:48 PM
    @dleiftah - I have a similar XML Exception message when I get an SMS with the � sign or % symbol in it.

@MLH - Is this a known issue? Any chance of it being fixed?

Also - it would be useful sometimes to be able to copy and paste the contents of texts into other apps. How come this can't be done, or where does the system store the XML files that contain text?
    03-23-10 06:00 PM
    Reference my last - I've found where the XML files are kept. If anyone else is interested - in Windows 7, they are kept in C-Users-[username]-AppData-Local-MLHSoftware-Blurts-SMS
    03-23-10 06:13 PM
    @StanStill - XML Exception is a known issue that we are working on fixing in the next update. Enabling copy/paste will also be in the next update.

Blurts stores all data in the following path (as you found), simple way to get there for any Win OS is to paste the following in Start | Run and press OK.

%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\MLHSoftware\Blurts
    03-24-10 09:20 PM
    Hi,

I have Blurts Pro 1.1 on my STORM2 and my PC. I have used them both successfully for several weeks and love the app. I recently upgrade the STORM'S OS to the latest release, and now I can't get the auto-connect to work, and many times it says there is a connection, but there isn't. Nothing else has changed. If I go into Blurts setup on the PC and 'pair' them, it says they are connected. On the phone, it shows flashing blue led status light and shows connected, but there is no real connection.

I tried reloading the software on the PC. Should I do the same on the STORM?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bob
    03-26-10 02:50 PM
    Hi,

Sort of red in the face on this one. My wife was using my laptop in the same room, and my STORM2 was connecting to the laptop before my PC. Turn the laptop off, works great.

Thanks to anyone who might have been researching this.

doctrbob
    03-27-10 09:39 AM
    @doctrbob - Thanks for the update. Not sure we would have every solved that one for you.
    03-30-10 07:26 AM
    Hi,

I noticed that when I sent an SMS from my computer using Blurt with the less than symbol ( < ) in the message, it doesn't show up for the person recieving the text. Any idea as to why or how it could be fixed?

Thanks, Josh.
    03-31-10 06:38 PM
    @ajm61894 - We took a look at the missing < issue and it does appear to be a defect in the app. We will address this in the next update.
    04-05-10 06:22 PM
    I had to restore my BB and I can't seem to enter the activation code for Blurts. The keyboard is showing on my Storm2 but when I click it doesn't register a keystroke, but rather brings up the context menu asking if I want the reduced keyboard or close application. I can highlight OK and/or Cancel. What gives?
    04-05-10 11:47 PM
    Hi, i am a Blurts pro subscriber, and i reciently updated my OS to the official verizon release, i have the Storm 2 9550 from verizon wireless, and now when i try to type in my activation code to enable pro it wont let me, it wont even let me type on the "keyboard" part of my screen. any suggestions?
    04-06-10 01:35 PM
    @C0RND0G & @mrmaaaan - Could it be related to Compatibility Mode?

To disable Compatibility Mode for Blurts on the BlackBerry Storm:
    - From the home screen select Options icon
    - Select Advanced Options
    - Select Applications
    - Choose Blurts
    - Select menu
    - Select Disable Compatibility Mode.
    04-06-10 07:45 PM
    @ MLH Software: Success!! had to Disable Compatibility mode!! worked like a charm. thanks again!!
    04-06-10 07:54 PM
    Slight change to the procedure

To disable Compatibility Mode for Blurts on the BlackBerry Storm:
    - From the home screen select Options icon
    - Select Advanced Options <<-Skip this -- Apps are not in Advanced Options at least on Storm2
    - Select Applications
    - Choose Blurts <<-Select with a touch, but don't click
    - Select menu
    - Select Disable Compatibility Mode.

Exit all menus
    And then cold boot your phone to implement the change.
    Last edited by nickolson; 04-10-10 at 01:46 AM. Reason: A little clearer
    04-10-10 01:36 AM
    I bought Pro Version.
    I don't understand why, after first connection, if I go out of my Pc, when I come back, Blurts doesn't connect again.
    04-14-10 07:57 AM
    Anyway to connect with a USB cord so it stays charging?
    04-15-10 08:45 AM
    I've installed Blurts under a new install of Windows 7 Pro and after beating the whole bluetooth connection thing into submission, have it working fairly well with one exception. These things keep popping up.

I have been unable to discern any particular pattern or precipitating event that might cause these. However, I am sure that no SMS messages are being received at teh times these pop-ups are occurring.

Has any one else seem this and more importantly, is there a fix?

Thanks

K Agard
    04-25-10 09:21 PM
    I have Blurts installed on my BB Tour and my computer. On my desktop I get the following error message everytime and I can not connect the 2... "Configuration system failed to initialize" please help, if this works well I will more then likely purchase the pro version. Thanks!
    05-02-10 08:36 PM
    I can send a sms message from the desktop but when the person replys it does not show up on my desk top. I can do a screen capture, I have downloaded my contacts, etc. The client and desktop software are the same version. I have changed all settings to allow. Still no sms msg showing up on the desktop.
    05-05-10 12:15 PM
    I can send a sms message from the desktop but when the person replys it does not show up on my desk top. I can do a screen capture, I have downloaded my contacts, etc. The client and desktop software are the same version. I have changed all settings to allow. Still no sms msg showing up on the desktop.
    Same problem here. I notice that on the screen of my 9630 Tour the blue exclamation point is blinking.

Wait, just got a txt on my desktop as I was typing. I think a battery pull reset might be what fixes it.
    05-05-10 12:30 PM
    Anyway to connect with a USB cord so it stays charging?
    Mine is connected and charging with a usb cord all day. It doesn't interfere with Blurts.
    05-05-10 12:32 PM
    Same problem here. I notice that on the screen of my 9630 Tour the blue exclamation point is blinking.

Wait, just got a txt on my desktop as I was typing. I think a battery pull reset might be what fixes it.
    That worked for me too, had to pull the battery and then it worked.
    05-05-10 01:36 PM
    I just purchased Blurts Pro and I am using a BB Tour. I am running the newest version of blurts on both computer and phone but am not able to download contacts. when I click on download contacts I get 4 contacts and that is all. Help me please!!! And I already did a battery pull and that did not fix the issue!!
    05-14-10 11:32 AM
    I have been using blurts for some time and love it. Now, I figured it was time to get another laptop. Stupid me, found one I liked and when I got around to reloading software, surprise surprise, no bluetooth. Is there anyway we can use the usb connect to get messages?
    05-23-10 05:57 PM
175 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD