@mikecarey07 - We have had a few reports that contacts download did not work. We are looking into it and try to figure why it works for some and not others.

@schunter1 - Blurts doesn't work with USB, but you can buy a cheap USB Bluetooth dongle for your laptop.
    05-24-10 06:49 AM
    I'm loving blurts, but I seem to be having trouble using it on my new PC. The new PC is running windows 7 ultimate and I just purchased it.

I have had it work for phone calls through my head set, But the only way I seem to be able to get it to work is with the headset audio gate way on. With that turned on all calls get answered automatically. But everything works.

With headset audio gate way turned off the calls do not get answered automatically. (which is what I want) But nothing works on my head set. Is there a way to use my PC headset and not have to deal with phone calls being answered automatically?
    Last edited by Witmen; 06-10-10 at 03:46 PM.
    06-10-10 03:37 PM
    Just wanted to thank MLH for a great app, I'm new to the BB world and had a couple of questions for MLH and the customer support was the best I have ever gotten for software support.

Love the app, I had replaced my desk phone at work with my BB using Google Voice and this app just completes the replacement.

Thanks again,
    Scott
    06-25-10 07:08 PM
    I posted an issue I found with Blurts about 3 months ago and was told that it would be resolved in the next update. I was just wondering when that update is going to be? Thanks!
    07-01-10 09:33 AM
    @Witmen - Blurts doesn't control the call audio going through your PC Speakers. That would be your Bluetooth software on your PC.

@TheStir - Thanks for the feedback.

@ajm61894 - The next update to Blurts has taken a lot longer then we had planned. We are working hard on the next release and there is going to be a lot of great stuff in it. We are hoping to have it out in beta in the next couple of weeks.
    07-02-10 08:46 PM
    @Witmen - Blurts doesn't control the call audio going through your PC Speakers. That would be your Bluetooth software on your PC.

@TheStir - Thanks for the feedback.

@ajm61894 - The next update to Blurts has taken a lot longer then we had planned. We are working hard on the next release and there is going to be a lot of great stuff in it. We are hoping to have it out in beta in the next couple of weeks.
    07-02-10 08:47 PM
    Hi,

Would like to thank MLH Software for this brilliant app. It's the 2nd most used app next to Quicklaunch for me, and that gives me value for my money!

Anyway the synchronisation and all run very well on my Curve 8520 OS 5.0.0.681. No hiccups anywhere if I decide to turn off and on the app or the software on my PC - it connects instantly.

Well I don't know what great stuff is coming, but I'm hoping that there will be some improvements made to the PC software. Right now choosing contacts from the contact list is cumbersome - the search function is not complete. If I have a contact named "Mr Lee, John", typing "John" does not turn up the name. I have to type "Mr Lee" before it shows up.

Next thing, the moment I close a conversation window, I have to go through "Send SMS, Contact" to open it up again (with all the history). I hope there's an easier way to access closed conversation windows.

On the same note, a "Clear all History" button will be great. Right now I will have to go through the same tedious loop to open up all the conv windows, and "Clear History" for each one of them.

Anyway, thumbs up for this great app. No regrets buying, got much more than my money back in value since I work on the PC most of the day. Typing on a keyboard is infinitely faster than a QWERTY keypad on my BB =]
    07-02-10 11:46 PM
    Hello,

I just purchased and installed Blurts Pro for use with my BB Storm2. When I run the application on my laptop, most everything works great! One exception, however, is that it takes up considerable CPU power. You can hear the processor continually running at full capacity and task manager indicates a CPU usage of 100% at all times.

Is this normal? Is it because I'm using toshiba bt stack instead of Microsoft's pos?

I set the priority of the application to low, so things work okay, but I hate to have my processor running that hard all the time.

Any suggestions.
    07-12-10 11:46 PM
    Hello,

I just purchased and installed Blurts Pro for use with my BB Storm2. When I run the application on my laptop, most everything works great! One exception, however, is that it takes up considerable CPU power. You can hear the processor continually running at full capacity and task manager indicates a CPU usage of 100% at all times.

Is this normal? Is it because I'm using toshiba bt stack instead of Microsoft's pos?

I set the priority of the application to low, so things work okay, but I hate to have my processor running that hard all the time.

Any suggestions.
    Never mind. I determined that there was a conflict of com ports in the bluetooth stack, so I just reconfigured them and now it works great! This is a fantastic product, especially for the price. Even though I can type faster than most on the bb keyboard, I can type much faster on a normal keyboard. Since i mostly receive text while at my laptop, this is ideal. Also love the fact that I can simply look at the screen to see who's calling or emailing me. Very cool product.
    07-13-10 12:47 PM
    Blurts 2.0 is coming soon. Check out the beta thread for more info.
    07-18-10 10:37 PM
    new user here.

contacts downloading not working on my bb9000 and win xp machine.

hoping for a fix soon
    08-11-10 04:34 AM
    I purchased Blurt Pro today and have everything set up EXCEPT the alert on my desktop. It does receive the alert, but it does not show the actual message on my screen. I have checked the settings on both my berry and on my computer and it does not seem to work. Other than that everything works great!
    08-13-10 11:35 AM
    @paor - We are working on fixing the contact download. You might want to check out the 2.0 beta.

@Omarj12780 - Not sure what is causing this, but you can enable the debug logs and see if we can figure it out. Paste the following into Start | Run and hit enter

%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\MLHSoftware\Blurts

It should open the Blurts data folder in windows explorer. Create a folder called "debug". The next time you get an alert it should create a data.xml file and display.html file in this debug folder. Click the display.html file and see if it displays. If not send all the files in the debug folder to us via email.
    08-23-10 09:01 PM
    Looks like a great tool. I installed pro version and everything but incoming messages are working fine. Laptop identifies caller and gives my laptop control of the call and I can send a message, but whem my tour recieves a text it doesn't make it to the laptop. Any suggestions?
    09-01-10 05:42 PM
    @nopoints - In the setup screen for Blurts on your BlackBerry make sure the SMS alert is set to yes. And then make sure you close and restart Blurts on your phone. You might even pull the battery to make sure it restarts.
    09-03-10 12:10 PM
    SMS alert was already set to yes. Pulling the battery to restart worked. THANKS!!!
    09-04-10 07:27 AM
    Love blurts - tell all my crackberry friends about it. It works great on my 9630 but it does something strange. Contacts that have been deleted still show up in blurts. I can search on the 9630 and nothing, yet they still show up in blurts - any ideas?

No deal breaker, just strange.

Thanks guys
    09-17-10 03:00 PM
    @websta - When you deleted contacts on your BlackBerry it does not automatically remove them from Blurts. You would have to download your contact list again to sync the changes.
    09-18-10 09:26 AM
    worked like a charm - thanks for the help MLH!
    09-20-10 09:30 AM
    Blurts Version 2.0 is almost out of beta. Look for it soon.
    10-22-10 07:45 PM
    I just purchased pro and I was downloading contacts. It seems though It only downloaded maybe 15 of them??

How do I go about on downloading all of my contacts?

Thank you
    11-12-10 07:49 AM
    I just released Blurts 2.0.

You can download it from Blurts Download Page
    11-14-10 10:40 PM
    I am having trouble connecting via bluetooth but I am not sure why. Everything seems to be paired ok. Re installed both desktop and phone software.

Using Desktop and Bold 9700 version 2.0.08

Bold OS 6.0.0.344

I can connect via bluetooth to blackberry desktop manager.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Jamie
    11-16-10 07:25 AM
    Hello,

I am a registered user of Blurt. Today i try to update from version 1.1 to version 2.0. But it doesn't work. After downloading and installing the software for the Blackberry i get the following messages

1 uncaught exception: no application instance

After klick ok

2 The application was successful installed, please reboot.

But then i was not able to connect the Blackberry Curve 8520 with my desktop.
    The Bluetooth connection between my pc and my blackberry are fine. But no connection between the Blurt Desktop Software 2.008 und the Blackberry mit the new Blurts.jad.

I tried the installation three times and remove after the software reboot the accu from the Blackberry.

Although i remove the old version 1.1 first, reboot the Blackberry and install the software new.

Please help me or provide a link to the old 1.1 Software (Blackberry part), because this Version works well.

Thanks in advance
    Schallschutz
    11-17-10 07:15 AM
    We just fixed a defect in the desktop software that would prevent your BlackBerry from auto reconnecting if you are using the Virtual COM Port option.

Download the latest version of the desktop software to correct this issue.

Link to Blurts download page
    11-20-10 10:05 AM
175 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD