I've noticed that when I send a SMS message from the desktop app, it doesn't show up in my SMS history on my BB. I can see the reply but my responses are missing. Is this a bug or something I can fix?
    01-20-10 02:28 PM
    I've noticed that when I send a SMS message from the desktop app, it doesn't show up in my SMS history on my BB. I can see the reply but my responses are missing. Is this a bug or something I can fix?
    This is not a bug... currently there is no way for them to make the messages you send from your computer show up on your BB too.
    01-20-10 05:20 PM
    @ksdetmer - I don't use the holster for my phone, and I am guess none of the beta tests do either, because I tested with the phone in the holster and it appears the out going calls are disabled. I will research and see if there is solution for this.

@agwatts - Sound like you don't have the "Blurts" service selected on your COM port but you do have �Headset Audio Gateway� service selected

@hypersonic - gafly is correct. RIM does not support 3rd party apps sending SMS messages via its client without user
    interaction (every time you want to send an SMS you would have to press send on your phone) and
    they also do not allow 3rd party apps to store the outbound messages in their SMS client. Therefore
    Blurts opens it's own network connection to send SMS, and does not store the message on the BlackBerry,
    just the desktop.
    01-20-10 08:21 PM
    @agwatts - Sound like you don't have the "Blurts" service selected on your COM port but you do have �Headset Audio Gateway� service selected
    Partially correct. Blurts service was activated and all other alerts are coming through just fine, although I did have Headset Audio Gateway selected also. Next time someone calls me, I'll have to see whether that solves the problem.
    01-21-10 02:34 PM
    Is there a recommendation as to what bluetooth adapter i should get for my laptop? Does pretty much anyone work with Blurts?
    Thanks
    01-22-10 01:22 AM
    @jtc1c - They should all work. We have bought a bunch of the cheapest ones we could find and they all worked. But we do suggest that you use the Microsoft Bluetooth driver software with them, and not the software they came with.
    01-22-10 07:11 AM
    I just won a copy of Blurts PRO and I still need the activation code to upgrade to pro correct?
    01-22-10 08:20 PM
    @bduschel - Congrats on the win. You should get an email from CrackBerry with info on how to get the Pro version that you won. I believe the emails have gone out, so check your spam folder and if you don't see it email CrackBerry.
    01-23-10 07:54 AM
    Hey I just purchased Blurts pro. I can send a test message to my laptop, but when I receive SMS, there are no notification on the desktop software about it. However, I can send SMS via my laptop, but nothing shows up in return from the phone. I have set Blurts and all the modules on the phone to: Allow, but I'm still having trouble. Any tips?

Edit: Nevermind, after I reset both my computer and did a battery pull on my phone it works as normal. Please disregard!
    Last edited by dwong721; 01-23-10 at 02:25 PM.
    01-23-10 02:15 PM
    im actually having the same problem, i cant get my sms messages to show up on my laptop..any ideas
    01-24-10 09:02 PM
    Don't forget to check out our help page for Blurts. If the following doesn't solve the issue then let us know.

Q. Why do I not see SMS alerts?
    A. SMS alerts is part of Blurts Pro.
    In the setup screen for Blurts on your BlackBerry make sure the SMS alert is set to yes. And then make sure you close and restart Blurts on your phone. You might even pull the battery to make sure it restarts.

If you have version 1.0 of Blurts Pro and still not getting SMS alert then you might already have another app that listens for SMS message such as BerryBuzz. There appears to be a limit on BlackBerry that only one third party app can listen for incoming SMS at a time. If the other app starts before Blurts then it will get the SMS port and Blurts will not.
    If this is the case you will see the following message in the BlackBerry event log:
    Blurts - set SMS Listener failed: net.rim.device.api.io.IOPortAlreadyBoundException: SMS Port already in use. Another app might already be using the SMS port.
    Version 1.1 of Blurts has resolved this issue and can share the port with other applications.
    01-25-10 07:25 AM
    Does the software mark the messages as read on your BB when you view them on your desktop?
    01-25-10 04:34 PM
    I followed directions. Everything worked except after buy Pro version, the activation code would not allow me to connect. Their website doesn't address this in their FAQ. Their facebook page doesn't help and the support forum was just as useless. If you feel like gambling with $5.99 go for it. I have no idea how well this software may work because they don't address the first issue - the installation and activation of the software on a BB 9700! Ridiculous.
    Last edited by RichardMauro; 01-29-10 at 01:01 AM.
    01-29-10 12:50 AM
    @ls1norcal - Currently Blurts does not mark the message read on your device. This is a enhancement we are looking into.
    01-29-10 08:50 AM
    @RichardMauro - Thank you for your purchase. We take pride in our support and hope that we are able to resolve your issue. We appreciate any and all constructive feedback that helps us improve our applications and support.

If you answer the following questions we might be able to help resolve the issue.

Have you download and installed the desktop application from here. Also make sure that the Blurts desktop software version matches the BlackBerry Blurts version.

Are you using the Virtual COM Port setup, or the BlackBerry address setup?

If BlackBerry address setup, did one of these steps fail?

If Virtual COM Port setup, does your Bluetooth software look like this or this? And did any of those steps fail?

It is important to note that there are many Bluetooth services (such as Headset, Handsfree, Dial-Up Networking, Audio Source, etc) that can connect between your BlackBerry and PC, it is the "Blurts" service that must connect in order for our application to work.
    01-29-10 08:56 AM
    having trouble when switching computers.. the program works on both computers, but when switching from my desktop to a laptop at a different location i'm having to go into the setup and pair them up again. spend my day working on between the two computers, just wondering if someone has a solution to make it work out.

Thanks Again!
    01-31-10 04:46 AM
    Alright, for the most part, I love this app. I've had it for a few months now and not once has the SMS notification worked.

I have Blurts Pro v.1.1.0.11 on my Verizon Storm 9530 running 5.0.0.328.

I followed all the instructions in the FAQ to try to resolve the issue with no results. The SMS feature is the main reason I purchased this app, so without it, it's kind of useless to me.

Anyone else have this issue, and does anyone know how to resolve it?? Thanks!

EDIT:
    After posting this comment I received a SMS message... and it popped up on my screen... I have no idea what I did differently, but it works now!
    Last edited by jspacone90; 02-04-10 at 04:38 PM. Reason: No longer an issue!
    02-04-10 03:41 PM
    Before I buy pro I have a question.... will BBM alerts be sent to my computer as well?
    02-04-10 07:05 PM
    @ksdetmer - I have not heard of anyone have to go as far as re-pair the devices. There are some reports of having to force a disconnect/reconnect when the computers Bluetooth are in range of each other.

@jspacone90 - Glad it is working. Did you by chance reboot your BlackBerry? Sometimes people change the Blurts settings and think that they restart Blurts on the BlackBerry but in fact just send it into the background. And then again sometimes magical software elf's come along and fix stuff.

@BlackHawkA4 - No support for BBM yet. We get this request a lot and if we ever figure out how to do it, we will add it.
    02-05-10 08:28 PM
    @ksdetmer - I have not heard of anyone have to go as far as re-pair the devices. There are some reports of having to force a disconnect/reconnect when the computers Bluetooth are in range of each other.

@jspacone90 - Glad it is working. Did you by chance reboot your BlackBerry? Sometimes people change the Blurts settings and think that they restart Blurts on the BlackBerry but in fact just send it into the background. And then again sometimes magical software elf's come along and fix stuff.

@BlackHawkA4 - No support for BBM yet. We get this request a lot and if we ever figure out how to do it, we will add it.
    That's cool. Alright, I downloaded it anyways even though I really wanted BBM with it. Haha. Works great! I love it! I hate getting up for my phone; and, I love how I can use my computer to send the messages! Faster typing.

I have two suggestions that I would like to see and I'm sure others would like to see. One, unless I'm missing it, having the Computer act as a hands free device almost. This way I can speak through my computer and hear my phone call through my computer. (I feel like I'm missing that somewhere)

And, the windows are nice. How about a SMS List of active ones. Something kinda like AIM Or MSN Messenger. Or, when you left click on the Blurts icon in the task bar a list of active SMS's that are open shows along with a flashing icon that indicates I missed a message (after I stepped away from the computer or something.)
    02-05-10 10:41 PM
    Actually, tips for anyone running Windows 7 (I haven't had a pc since XP and didn't have bluetooth back then so don't know if it works for those) but if you open up devices and right click on the phone and control you can connect to the phone as a head set and make calls and speak and hear through your computer.

Would like to see that integrated with this program if possible. .
    02-10-10 09:02 AM
    when I start blurts on my PC I get the error message "Blurts has stopped working" and Blurts just ends

I am running windows 7 with verizon 1.1 Blurts installed a new download

my laptop is an HP6930p

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, delete the BT device, installing older verision of Blurts and still get same error message

any help would be helpfull thanks

I get this under application logs

Log Name: Application
    Source: Windows Error Reporting
    Date: 2/16/2010 11:58:07 PM
    Event ID: 1001
    Task Category: None
    Level: Information
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: sc_rbackerlp.inside.fender
    Description:
    Fault bucket 925071871, type 5
    Event Name: CLR20r3
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
    P1: blurts.exe
    P2: 1.1.0.11
    P3: 4b3eb2e6
    P4: mscorlib
    P5: 2.0.0.0
    P6: 4a27471d
    P7: 221b
    P8: 56
    P9: N3CTRYE2KN3C34SGL4ZQYRBFTE4M13NB
    P10:

Attached files:
    C:\Users\rbacker.INSIDEFENDER\AppData\Local\Temp\W ER160F.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
    C:\Users\rbacker.INSIDEFENDER\AppData\Local\Micros oft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_blurts.exe_ fe289658e528a1d418c666ff27cbeff2b9536ff2_19e74cb9

Analysis symbol:
    Rechecking for solution: 0
    Report Id: c48dcaaf-1b91-11df-92c3-ccc1eb582d49
    Report Status: 0
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Windows Error Reporting" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1001</EventID>
    <Level>4</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-02-17T06:58:07.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>59156</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>sc_rbackerlp.inside.fender</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data>925071871</Data>
    <Data>5</Data>
    <Data>CLR20r3</Data>
    <Data>Not available</Data>
    <Data>0</Data>
    <Data>blurts.exe</Data>
    <Data>1.1.0.11</Data>
    <Data>4b3eb2e6</Data>
    <Data>mscorlib</Data>
    <Data>2.0.0.0</Data>
    <Data>4a27471d</Data>
    <Data>221b</Data>
    <Data>56</Data>
    <Data>N3CTRYE2KN3C34SGL4ZQYRBFTE4M13NB</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    C:\Users\rbacker.INSIDEFENDER\AppData\Local\Temp\W ER160F.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml</Data>
    <Data>C:\Users\rbacker.INSIDEFENDER\AppData\Loca l\ Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_blurt s.exe_fe289658e528a1d418c666ff27cbeff2b9536ff2_19e 74cb9</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>0</Data>
    <Data>c48dcaaf-1b91-11df-92c3-ccc1eb582d49</Data>
    <Data>0</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>
    02-17-10 01:12 AM
    Great piece of software!

Couple of suggestions - is there any change of MMS support as well? Also, how about the facility to copy and paste text from messages? Ctrl-C doesn't work!

Cheers.
    02-27-10 03:30 PM
    Hi,

I just downloaded Blurts today and so far I think it works great. However, I am having 1 problem. For some reason when I first clicked "Download Contacts" it didn't seem to work....so of course I clicked it about 7 more times. Now I have 8 copies of each of my contacts in the list and I can see how to delete them. All I really want to do is erase them all and then re-download. Although, I think I may have stumbled onto something that you may want to add. You can imagine that people will want to download there contacts once and then again in a few months to update it without having dups.

Thanks
    03-11-10 04:26 PM
    @cbuss011 - Thanks for using Blurts. The contacts should not duplicate when you download them again, but clearly there must be a defect. We will look into it.

You can paste the following in Start | Run and press OK. The contact info is stored in this folder, you can delete the entire contents if you want to start over with downloading contacts.

%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\MLHSoftware\Blurts\Contacts
    03-12-10 07:28 AM
175 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD