I downloaded the Bloomberg app from app world and it has a pretty sweet look, but the interface doesn't work too well in my opinion. When you click the screen on something the same menu always comes up and in regards to looking at markets and news, nothing seems to load up? I can look at how the market is doing today on the main screen and I can pull up individual stocks, but thats about it. Has anyone else had some good experiances with this app? Please share!

Thanks
    04-01-09 01:27 PM
    OMG thought I was the only one since it got nothing but 'great' reviews. Im so dissapointed in the app. I go to click on an article or a stock and it brings up the same menu the BB button does which has NO option to open the article and/or stock!!! Dont release somethign for the storm if it clearly isnt made for it!! Guess it works good on the bold?!?

edit: back to WSJ mobile app till something better comes along or this one is optimized for the storm
    04-01-09 01:31 PM
    H*ll yeah i was pretty disappointed my self. Specially when i love the one on the itouch. I hope they fix it. I did hit "Delete"
    04-01-09 01:37 PM
    Yep. Looks like it's not Storm-friendly. Deleted it.
    04-01-09 01:46 PM
    Yeah, all this was discover/discussed in another thread....Search.
    04-01-09 02:15 PM
    Yeah, it's not Storm-optimized. Sucks.
    04-01-09 02:43 PM
    Yeah, all this was discover/discussed in another thread....Search.
    Ok post nazi The app world has been out a whopping 14 hours and there were no other bloomberg titled threads on page 1 so why would anyone bother searching? Go take a xanax and chill out for gods sake. I could understand saying that in a few days...or next week.
    04-01-09 03:47 PM
    I found a workaround that makes this App work almost flawlessly.

Step 1: Disable compatibility mode
    Step 2: It will now be fullscreen and work in portrait and landscape.
    Step 3: To click on something, for instance, when you go into Markets, if you want to view Commodities, simply highlight 'Commodities' by clicking the screen. The menu will then come up again. Then click on 'Show Keyboard'. Then click the 'Return/Enter key' on the keyboard. The keyboard will then disappear, and the 'Commodities' section will come up perfectly in fullscreen portrait or landscape.

Enjoy!!
    04-01-09 04:26 PM
    I found a workaround that makes this App work almost flawlessly.

Step 1: Disable compatibility mode
    Step 2: It will now be fullscreen and work in portrait and landscape.
    Step 3: To click on something, for instance, when you go into Markets, if you want to view Commodities, simply highlight 'Commodities' by clicking the screen. The menu will then come up again. Then click on 'Show Keyboard'. Then click the 'Return/Enter key' on the keyboard. The keyboard will then disappear, and the 'Commodities' section will come up perfectly in fullscreen portrait or landscape.

Enjoy!!

Yeah that works, but it just shows its not optimized for the storm at all. WSJ mobile and/or TheStreet work much better compared to this..atleast for now. I have faith they will come through but hopefully it doesnt take them another month or two. I for one think apps should be separated by phones they ACTUALLY work for..meaning if it doesnt utilize the touch screen fully its not optimized for the Storm and probably shouldnt be offered to storm users but whateva
    04-01-09 04:36 PM
    Yeah that works, but it just shows its not optimized for the storm at all. WSJ mobile and/or TheStreet work much better compared to this..atleast for now. I have faith they will come through but hopefully it doesnt take them another month or two. I for one think apps should be separated by phones they ACTUALLY work for..meaning if it doesnt utilize the touch screen fully its not optimized for the Storm and probably shouldnt be offered to storm users but whateva
    bloomberg is a completely different app that has detailed information on stocks and different markets. You can't look up information on commodities and different energy prices like natural gas and wti cushing oil on wsj or the street. don't get me wrong, i use wsj, the street, AP, and this program now. The UI is awesome on this bloomberg program. Check out individual stocks, and it brings up a nice screen with cool charts. For me, the reason I like this app is the commodities, so I can keep an eye on natural gas and oil prices since i work in oil and gas industry.
    04-01-09 05:02 PM
    Ok post nazi The app world has been out a whopping 14 hours and there were no other bloomberg titled threads on page 1 so why would anyone bother searching? Go take a xanax and chill out for gods sake. I could understand saying that in a few days...or next week.

There were actually two other post prior to this one. One was started @ 8:43am and the other started @ 10:25 pm....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/bl...roblem-196101/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/bloomberg-app-196019/
    04-01-09 05:22 PM
    There were actually two other post prior to this one. One was started @ 8:43am and the other started @ 10:25 pm....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/bl...roblem-196101/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/bloomberg-app-196019/
    Yeah and one of those your the like first post saying seach LMFAO even though it was JUST posted an hour before?!?!

2nd disabling compatability has NOTHING to do with the program not being optimized for the storm...all that does is get rid of the keyboard always being up.

3rd, you need to READ what I wrote before quoting me...I said THERE WERE NO threads on the FIRST PAGE (besides this one) regarding Bloomberg when I came in and responded to this thread. So you popping in suggesting to search is F'in assinine. No joke the most ridiculous case of post nazi I have ever seen...I mean you litterally went into a thread 1 hour after the previous thread was posted claiming they need to search on a topic that is brand new considering the App world is Brand spanking new? Get a freaking life man or get laid...seriously

Oh and try reading the rules...you're not supposed to just go around plastering search on everything if you can easily answer the question and the topic hasnt been beaten to death (which this obviously hasnt nor had the thread before it you posted in)

edit: just so you can know how assinine you are, the 2nd Bloomberg thread you posted in telling them to search was actually started before you ever even posted in the 1st Bloomberg thread...which by the way had NO helpful answers even in it till after the 2nd thread was even started...just a tidbit of info for ya
    Last edited by Hawse771; 04-01-09 at 10:51 PM.
    04-01-09 10:45 PM
    bloomberg is a completely different app that has detailed information on stocks and different markets. You can't look up information on commodities and different energy prices like natural gas and wti cushing oil on wsj or the street. don't get me wrong, i use wsj, the street, AP, and this program now. The UI is awesome on this bloomberg program. Check out individual stocks, and it brings up a nice screen with cool charts. For me, the reason I like this app is the commodities, so I can keep an eye on natural gas and oil prices since i work in oil and gas industry.
    I do understand that but until I can just click on things to bring them up I'll just deal with WSJ for the phone and use the computer for everything else. It may sound silly but the hassle of having to bring up the keyboard and hit return aggrivates the crap out of me lol
    04-01-09 10:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD