Hi my bold 9900 keeps going to camera app and taking pictures i have installed firmware 384 and 267 but it still keeps doing it any please help
    04-01-12 04:04 PM
    Is your camera app connected to the convenience key? If it is, you may be accidentally pressing that and then taking pictures in your pocket.

Or are you saying that while using the device, your phone will just switch to the camera app randomly? If so, I don't really have an answer.
    04-01-12 04:09 PM
    This can only mean that you have basically f*ed up ur convenience key so the easiest thing to do is to go to Options --> Device --> Convenience Key .. Then change it to do nothing .. Feel free to thank and like
    04-01-12 04:10 PM
    hi everyone i have done that and it stopped it switching to camera but when i open camera app it keeps taking pictures
    04-01-12 04:13 PM
    hi everyone i have done that and it stopped it switching to camera but when i open camera app it keeps taking pictures
    woah, that's odd... so whenever you open the camera app it just starts taking pictures?
    Sounds like a glitch to me. This may sound dumb, but have you done a battery pull?

You may need to reload the OS? But I'm not an expert in that field, so I would wait for some other answers.
    04-01-12 05:48 PM
    I had a similar problem with my conv key. I use mine for shortcut me and that kept popping up.

Key was jammed with something so I removed the battery, sprayed the key with solvent cleaner. Dried it out and problem gone.

Give it a try but don't blame me if your phone mucks up. I took the chance cos I have insurance.

Sent from somewhere other than my PC.
    04-01-12 10:59 PM
    i took phone apart cleaned with contact spray its now working perfect thanks everybody
    04-02-12 07:56 AM
    Weird how that happens in the first place.

At least the problem is fixed.

Sent from somewhere other than my PC.
    04-02-12 09:17 AM
    Hi,my bold 9900 camera keeps saying close other applications for 3 days now, I've updated my phone,reboot I don't know what else to do.zm
    04-02-13 07:35 AM
    I've got the exact same problem, are they easy to take apart?
    10-17-13 02:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD