i just recently upgraded my 8100 pearl to os 4.5 and just tonight downloaded blingball beta 2. i love the application but the trackball lights will not turn off with the back light so my phone just sits there with the lights on. i dont know that i like that. i would prefer to have it turn off, not only to save on battery life but also so that my phone doesnt just sit there with a ridiculous bright light in the trackball constantly. ive been reading post after post and have come up with nothing related to this issue. colorball worked great, why wont this! any help would be greatly appreciated.
    08-24-09 04:37 AM
    Never had that problem. Where did you download it from?
    08-24-09 05:45 AM
    i downloaded it from blackberry forums.com

do you know of a better place or one that has had more consistent results... the app works great i just cant get the ball to turn off with the back light! its so frustrating.
    08-24-09 01:08 PM
    Nope, that's the place. You didn't change any of the default permissions, did you?

The Keeper of Useless Knowledge

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-09 01:14 PM
    they are: connections-allow
    interaction-allow
    user data-allow

should they be different?
    08-24-09 01:44 PM
    No, I just checked mine, and all the subs are allow too. There's something funny going on. I thought I had asked this, but just looked back. Do you have any themes installed?

08-24-09 01:50 PM
    no third party themes. only the themes that came with the os... dimension icon, dimension zen.. etc...
    08-24-09 02:33 PM
    Try a battery pull, and if that doesn't work, delete BlingBall and install it again.

08-24-09 05:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD