just wanted to announce an app we've been working on for the past while.

the app is named BlackBook, and it keeps your contacts completely hidden on your phone. the contact list is only accessible by entering a customizable key combination on the keypad.

a few features:
    -fully editable information fields to keep contacts up-to-date
    -user defined filtering for incoming and outgoing calls, sms, pin, and email conversations
    -customizable caller-id names for incoming calls

it's just been released on the complete mobihand store network

if you'd like some more info you can go to [ BlackBook 1.0 by mblware ]

chad
    09-10-09 10:13 PM
    Wow...A whole secret world to put on my berry! Thanks for the info!!
    09-10-09 10:34 PM
    Does this work with BBM Contacts as well?? If I have someone listed in my BBM, can it link to the contact info in Blackbook, and if so, does it use the real name or alias?
    09-11-09 12:48 PM
    at this time it doesn't integrate w/blackberry msngr, however pin messaging is supported which is what bbm uses.

what you'd have to do is to take someone you wanted to keep hidden, out of bbm, and import them into blackbook, then you could correspond via pin msg and have it be hidden within blackbook.
    09-11-09 05:28 PM
    Wow if I had a gf I'd get it. Haha but I'm lovin the freedom too much now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-09 05:32 PM
    lol.. we'll be there when you're ready =)
    09-11-09 05:35 PM
    My ex would have loved this when he was cheating on me.
    09-11-09 11:46 PM
    My ex would have loved this when he was cheating on me.
    I'm sorry for this but................... LMFAO wow. It's just funny how you just put that out there. We've all had messed up relationships so keep your head up, you'll always get some laughs here on CB
    09-11-09 11:59 PM
    everyone is assuming the only use for it, is for shady business, but in all honesty it's about security. =)

i know someone who litterally has 700+ business contacts on their phone, some of which are highly classified. they don't have a password on their phone because it's annoying to constantly be entering it just to view a task, or some sort of alert.

if she lost her phone, the sensitive contacts would be totally hidden by using this app.

chad.
    09-12-09 06:44 AM
    everyone is assuming the only use for it, is for shady business, but in all honesty it's about security. =)

i know someone who litterally has 700+ business contacts on their phone, some of which are highly classified. they don't have a password on their phone because it's annoying to constantly be entering it just to view a task, or some sort of alert.

if she lost her phone, the sensitive contacts would be totally hidden by using this app.

chad.
    AHHH, so that's how you explain it to the wife if she starts asking questions....
    09-12-09 10:15 AM
    AHHH, so that's how you explain it to the wife if she starts asking questions....
    lmaooooo..when im in crackberry forums 70 percent of the time is not to read up on the phone..lol...its to get somes laughs out of what people say..
    you guys are too funny
    09-12-09 10:24 AM
    no no, you've got it wrong.. she's not supposed to be able to find out at all! that's why it's hidden, hehe.
    09-12-09 08:25 PM
    Is this compatible with 5.0 OS?
    09-12-09 09:43 PM
    we had a beta tester running one of the 5.0 builds from rim, and they didn't report any problems.

however, we don't officially support 5.x yet.
    09-12-09 09:51 PM
    I wish there was a trial.
    09-12-09 10:20 PM
    I'm sorry for this but................... LMFAO wow. It's just funny how you just put that out there. We've all had messed up relationships so keep your head up, you'll always get some laughs here on CB
    Three years since we broke up, so it's not really sensitive territory for me. And I was being facetious in a sense, anyway. Glad it got some laughs, though; the thought made me snort a little, so I figured I'd put it out there.
    09-12-09 10:23 PM
    Interesting app. May have to buy it just to play with it and see if I like it.

Couple GF's that like to play with my phone and snoop.
    09-12-09 10:43 PM
    Yes now I have a place to put all those "pole huggers" oops excuse me strippers phone numbers with out worry. Gotta love the BB
    09-12-09 11:00 PM
    Yes now I have a place to put all those "pole huggers" oops excuse me strippers phone numbers with out worry. Gotta love the BB

maybe we should add some sort of real time 'you gave me a fake number' filtering?
    09-12-09 11:23 PM
    Three years since we broke up, so it's not really sensitive territory for me. And I was being facetious in a sense, anyway. Glad it got some laughs, though; the thought made me snort a little, so I figured I'd put it out there.
    ok now I feel less guilty for thinking it was funny
    09-13-09 02:11 AM
    I downloaded this not because i cheat or anything in that nature, but where i work I am always demoing my phone to customers and i dont want them getting important information out of my phone while they are looking around at the features.

I do have a question, ever since i installed this app i am not getting any text messages any more and if i do get one it goes to the native inbox and not blackbook and so with emails. Is this a known issue?
    09-13-09 09:33 AM
    I do have a question, ever since i installed this app i am not getting any text messages any more and if i do get one it goes to the native inbox and not blackbook and so with emails. Is this a known issue?
    Hi tae,

This does sound very weird and no it is not a known issue. But I have a feeling it is your mobile carrier if text messages aren't coming threw. One thing that no 3rd party application including BlackBook can do is delete textmessages from the phone (or block them coming in). BlackBook can only save its own local copy and offer a quick way to get to the public message to delete. You can contact [email protected] for further info and to talk to a developer who can work through any issues you may have.
    09-13-09 10:10 AM
    I just ordered and downloaded this app. It keeps telling me I have no contacts to import. What am I doing wrong?
    09-13-09 07:33 PM
    Thank you to all who have downloaded blackbook,

Over the past couple days we received some support emails that SMS may not send. This issue was isolated to select phones using GSM networks. The developers have uncovered the source of the problem and mblware has now updated the downloadable application. Most likely this issue did not effect you, but if it did, please download the new copy from your original purchase email. Your Serial key will still be valid. If you have forgotten it please email [email protected] and we will get you a new one. We encourage everyone on GSM networks to check and ensure SMS sends properly and if not redownload or contact us. Thank you for your patience and feedback.

IMPORTANT:
    Please remember to export any contacts that may be in blackbook before re-installing or these contacts will be lost.
    Last edited by chadtatro; 09-14-09 at 03:43 PM.
    09-14-09 03:31 PM
    This app runs on my 8330 curve with verizon but sms texts still go to the normal messaging app on the device, not to blackbook. In other words it does not work for sms text. I have not tried it for phone calls. All app permissions are set to allow and I have rebooted the device 3 times. Any advise would be appreciated.
    09-14-09 04:09 PM
108 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD