Sometimes, when I press the trackpad to go into Blackberry World App, it freezes. Does this happen to you guys?
    01-23-10 01:23 AM
    Not me..
    Are you running low on memory maybe? Tried a battery pull? Maybe reinstalling it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-10 01:25 AM
    No I'm not running low on memory. Application Memory has 83.5 MB and Media Card has 554.5 MB. Not the most but definitely not low enough to cause a freeze. Of course doing a battery pull would get it out of the freeze, but it would be nice not having it freeze in the first place lol It has been reinstalled before but still happens.
    01-23-10 01:29 AM
    Yea I hear you.

If you go to options, status, what does it say next to file free?
    How many other apps do you have running/open?

01-23-10 01:32 AM
    File free shows 87,554,151 bytes. Running apps are BBM, Messages, Home Screen, Phone, Browser, Visual Voice Mail, BerryWeather, Ubertwitter
    01-23-10 01:36 AM
    Might need someone else to chime in here but I think your file free is pretty low... If you have any apps installed that you really don't need/use you should probably delete those. My file free is at 104,880,427 and I've heard people say on here that is low, so yours is really low! A lot of freezing and hourglass issues usually gets traced back to that.

01-23-10 01:43 AM
    I've always had problems with app world. I finally deleted it off of my 8530. Whenever I tried to download an app, it would just hang up. I had it on my Pearl 8130 before but just to check it out. I didn't download anything and of course I didn't have the memory to keep it on my phone but I have plenty of memory on my new device; I heard that I'm not alone with problems related to BB App World. At the momemt, bump App World!!!
    01-23-10 03:02 AM
    I've always had problems with app world. I finally deleted it off of my 8530. Whenever I tried to download an app, it would just hang up. I had it on my Pearl 8130 before but just to check it out. I didn't download anything and of course I didn't have the memory to keep it on my phone but I have plenty of memory on my new device; I heard that I'm not alone with problems related to BB App World. At the momemt, bump App World!!!
    I haven't had my best of luck with app world either, to me it isn't user friendly and I've heard more complaints then praises.

01-23-10 03:06 AM
    I seem to be in the minority here, but I've never had a problem with App World.

I only ever use it with wifi, and always exit it via 'Alt R S T' which not only shuts down the app, but also clears the cache and updates the My World app list status. I don't know whether this helps, but it's always worked for me.

01-23-10 03:46 AM
    I seem to be in the minority here, but I've never had a problem with App World.

I only ever use it with wifi, and always exit it via 'Alt R S T' which not only shuts down the app, but also clears the cache and updates the My World app list status. I don't know whether this helps, but it's always worked for me.

Well I'm a minority too then cause I never once had any kind of issue with app world and never exit with alt RST . Maybe we're just lucky.

01-23-10 04:47 AM
    Well, I'm glad that not everyone has problems with it. I wish I didn't lol
    01-23-10 08:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD