I am new to the forum and I need help badly. A few hours ago I uninstalled an app on my Tour, and was asked whether to reboot now or later to complete the process. So I selected to reboot now. The phone turned off and while the white loading symbol was feeling up it all the sudden stopped a little more than halfway loaded. So I removed the battery to try and start the process over and it continues to stop at the same point in loading process and won't turn on. I have never connected my Blackberry to computer before to do a backup. Not sure what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I really can't go without a phone this week end.
    12-03-10 08:02 PM
    How long have you let it try to load? Let it sit and load without pulling the battery for at least an hour. It will likely eventually boot. If that does not work, I'll explain how to reload your OS.

If it does load, install desktop manager on your computer and start making backups at regular intervals. (A great idea for everyone but especially folks who use a password and/or folks who lose/break devices frequently...)
    Last edited by the_sandman_454; 12-03-10 at 08:32 PM.
    12-03-10 08:29 PM
    I let it load for about 20 minutes. It seems like it is loading at a slow pace (like always) than gets to the same point and on loading bar and no more progress is made. I will try to let it go for an hour and let you know what happens.
    12-03-10 08:40 PM
    I let it load for about 20 minutes. It seems like it is loading at a slow pace (like always) than gets to the same point and on loading bar and no more progress is made. I will try to let it go for an hour and let you know what happens.
    After thinking about it, you may as well let it sit like that overnight if it hasn't booted by the time an hour has passed.

In the mean time, do you have a PC or a Mac?
    12-03-10 08:44 PM
    yes, i have both
    12-03-10 08:52 PM
    Try plugging it in while it boots up...was your battery low when you started the uninstall?
    12-08-10 01:52 PM
    Perhaps if we try booting in to safe mode? Pull out the battery, then hold the back arrow as you are inserting the battery and hold it for a bit while it is booting up, this will cause the device to boot up in to safe mode and load less drivers and the default zen theme. See if it can start up that way, and report back. Worst case we'll walk you through doing an OS reload, it's not THAT hard. No worries we'll get you back up and running.

Just realized we are responding to a week old thread! Hopefully he's already fixed up!
    12-08-10 01:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD