Here's an application suite that allows you to have shortcuts to websites on your BlackBerry homescreen/ribbon. Where the shortcuts show up depends on the theme you are using. Either the applications folder or the home screen.

Configure the shortcuts using the master hub application, enter the address of the website you want the shortcut to launch (include http:// ) - you can also customize the icon of the shortcut by entering the web address of a suitable .png image file but this is optional. The icon for any shortcut will update after the first time you use it.

Here for both OTA and desktop installation and more info.

Blackberry Web Shortcuts
    10-25-07 05:52 AM
    I used this for a while. Pretty sweet if you don't like to open the browser then search for the bookmarks. I had made some icons for Myspace and even CB (before I found the application loader). Worked really well once I figured out how to use it
    10-25-07 09:24 AM
    The new version of this software has been released here. I'm bumping this thread since there were a few comments of confusion after my review. If anyone needs help with the new version drop in here and I'll help ya out.
    Last edited by azeis; 02-10-08 at 10:13 AM.
    02-10-08 10:05 AM
    could someone help me with this shortcut app? Ive downloaded it but have no idea how to set it up. The icons are on my homescreen of my curve but im lost how to set each one up. Thanks!
    02-10-08 10:32 AM
    Create a folder called shortcut on your media card. You need to copy the config.xml file from the ZIP and put it into that folder. Edit it with notepad, word etc and add your shortcut link to it. Make a PNG icon (32x32) and place it in the folder as well. After that you should be good to go.

1. Create a directory in the root of your media card called 'shortcut':

/Media Card/shortcut/

2. Extract the zip and put the config.xml file in the directory once you've set it up, for each shortcut you use put the url to link to and the title for the shortcut app:

<shortcut1>http://news.bbc.co.uk</shortcut1>
    <title1>BBC News</title1>

3. Place a png in the directory for each shortcut titled in the format:

/Media Card/shortcut/shortcut1.png
    02-10-08 10:37 AM
    i do this from the pc or my bb? Im confused how to create the shortcut in my media card, i dont see an option for that.
    02-10-08 10:41 AM
    Azeis

I found a different updated version, this one places a HUb on your BB desktop and from there you enter the addresses. It is much easier. Think you can also place a link for an icon but I havent worked that out yet.

Blackberry Web Shortcuts

I am not sure if the OTA works, I downloaded it through desktop manager.

I am now looking for icons, where can I find them? I want one for BBC news & E bay.
    Last edited by Hazysky; 02-10-08 at 10:44 AM.
    02-10-08 10:42 AM
    From your PC - plug in your BB via USB and go into the drive when it shows. You should see a directory of the folders on your BB media card. Make a folder there called "shortcut" and place the config.xml file and your icon files there.
    02-10-08 10:43 AM
    Azeis

I found a different updated version, this one places a HUb on your BB desktop and from there you enter the addresses. It is much easier.

Blackberry Web Shortcuts

I am not sure if the OTA works, I downloaded it through desktop manager.

I am now looking for icons, where can I find them? I want one for BBC news & E bay.
    Thats the old version. Its a bit easier to use but kind of a pain since you need to place your icons on the web somewhere and it references them from your BB. You can just search for PNG icons and see what you can find. I downloaded a pack for my icons. Here are a few:
    02-10-08 10:45 AM
    ok created a folder named shortcut. but im lost on the next step. what i did was dragged the zip file into the file i created in media card. now what? i dont understand what you mean about editing it.
    02-10-08 11:15 AM
    take the config.xml file from the ZIP and copy/paste it into the "shortcut" folder you created. Open it up in Notepad and edit it per the instructions above.
    02-10-08 11:18 AM
    <shortcut1>http://myspace.com</shortcut1>
    <title1>myspace</title1>
    this is how i did it, is it correct? because when i put the media card back in my blackberry no icon comes up on my homescreen.
    02-10-08 11:48 AM
    ok got it to work, but can someone explain hot to get the png icon to show up instead of just the folder picture icon?
    02-10-08 12:12 PM
    Just put a PNG icon into the "shortcut" folder on your media card and name it shortcut1.png and it should show after you click on the icon on you BB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-08 01:25 PM
    holy *** that took forever for me to put together..i have a mac and the pocket mac software to sync my phone freezes so i had to restart my new laptop multiple times to get it working. But i finally got one shortcut!!!! shortcut number two is another day.
    and if you are looking for a png
    just google i.e myspace icon png then look under images and open the image. in the url it should say something like 256x256 just simply replace those numbers with 32x32 so it can be used on your phone.
    then save image. and drop it into your shortcut folder and name it shortcut1.png but make sure it saves as a png!!

i hope this makes sense/
    02-10-08 04:50 PM
    i am doing everything that it says to do and still nothing.........
    02-10-08 08:31 PM
    What did you do that's not working?

02-10-08 08:32 PM
    For those of you having trouble with your installation ... see if this helps at all:

-Unzip the file to your Desktop (or wherever)
    -Start up the Desktop Manager
    -Browse to the Media Card folder on your BB
    -Create a folder there called shortcut

-Copy config.xml into the new shortcut folder
    -Place a .png format icon (32x32) into the directory for each shortcut

-Open config.xml with a text editor
    -For each shortcut add URL and Title

-Install the 10 Shortcuts through the Application Loader

-Done, done and done!
    02-13-08 03:52 PM
    This is a great program. Took me some time to get everything set up just the way I wanted icon-wise, but I like it.
    02-16-08 05:50 PM
    I've set this up and all I can get it to do is "downloading icon"...it stays on that screen forever. What am I missing?
    02-17-08 09:43 AM
    Sounds like you downloaded the old version. Make sure you download the zip with the updated version.

02-17-08 09:54 AM
    anytime my phone restarts i have to click on my shortcuts then exit the browser for the icons to return to the png that i put in the folder... is this normal?
    02-17-08 08:23 PM
    I believe it is. I have to do the same thing.
    02-17-08 09:19 PM
    Yes unfortunately it is. There is no way around it.

02-17-08 09:34 PM
    First time post here so please take it easy on me.

I have done all of the above and it is working except for shortcut #10. On my Pearl I have set shortcut 10 to be MSN and when I move to the shortcut the title appears as >MSN and when I click on the shortcut it says something about the protocol specified is not supported. I have copied shortcut #9 and changed the 9 to ten and I get the same results. Anyone else having this problem? Below is my config:

<shortcut10>http://mobile.msn.com</shortcut10>
    <title10>MSN</title10>
    02-26-08 04:06 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD