Blackberry Web Shortcuts

I use this link over the weekend. If you can't get it to work maybe it's not the site.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-08 03:06 PM
    Every single time I try to go to retreive that zip file it takes me to some portal that is obviously not the correct site. The link for the zip is not working for me at all.

The rest seems easy enough if I can get the
    zip file.
    11-15-08 09:33 AM
    what zip file are you guys talking about?? I get confused at that part, everything else i understand??
    11-15-08 05:18 PM
    Just upgraded to OS .99, shortcuts still take browser to page, but browser doesn't launch. I checked the permissions and reloaded the latest version just to see, but no difference. Still more convenient than scrolling through bookmarks, but if it could be fixed it would be sweet!

11-22-08 07:37 AM
    Just upgraded to OS .99, shortcuts still take browser to page, but browser doesn't launch. I checked the permissions and reloaded the latest version just to see, but no difference. Still more convenient than scrolling through bookmarks, but if it could be fixed it would be sweet!

I also upgraded to OS 4.5.0.110 and I've been having the same problem. I just can't seem to find anyway to make it work as it did in previous OS versions. It worked perfectly in OS .93. And suggestions would be appreciated!
    12-22-08 11:14 PM
    Gave in and purchased BB Smart Shortcuts. If they'd come out with a way to quick link the home screen, It'd be perfect.

12-22-08 11:27 PM
    I must be really dense because I can't seem to get this app to work at all. I'm also a newbie so be gentle!! When I extract the files all I get are shortcut files and shortcut hub, no config.xml.
    I tried typing a URL for one of the shortcuts but i get an error message when i try to open it:
    "uncaught exception:net.rim.device.api.system.controlledAcce ssException"
    Anyone have any ideas how to get this to work?
    12-30-08 09:26 PM
    I must be really dense because I can't seem to get this app to work at all. I'm also a newbie so be gentle!! When I extract the files all I get are shortcut files and shortcut hub, no config.xml.
    I tried typing a URL for one of the shortcuts but i get an error message when i try to open it:
    "uncaught exception:net.rim.device.api.system.controlledAcce ssException"
    Anyone have any ideas how to get this to work?
    same exact thing happened to me!
    but still no luck getting it to work
    12-30-08 09:33 PM
    Does anyone has a copy of the zip with the config.xml in it? The older version does not allow png file to save in SD card but somewhere on web...gay
    01-07-09 06:13 PM
    northcubed.com's domain has expired. Does anyone else have a link to the updated version that lets you put .png files on the SD card?
    01-20-09 02:08 AM
    northcubed.com's domain has expired. Does anyone else have a link to the updated version that lets you put .png files on the SD card?
    Did anyone ever find a link?
    02-15-09 12:58 AM
    Did anyone ever find a link?
    Yes, dnlandes found it and posted it on #51. Here you go:
    Blackberry Web Shortcuts

I'll stick with BB Smart Shortcuts though. I don't reset my BB much anymore, but to have a bunch of links I can't recognize till I use each one was a PITA (when shortcuts worked)!

FYI: Just checked the link on OP, and it works!
    Last edited by BigBadWolf; 02-15-09 at 06:47 AM. Reason: FYI
    02-15-09 06:45 AM
    Yes, dnlandes found it and posted it on #51. Here you go:
    Blackberry Web Shortcuts

I'll stick with BB Smart Shortcuts though. I don't reset my BB much anymore, but to have a bunch of links I can't recognize till I use each one was a PITA (when shortcuts worked)!

FYI: Just checked the link on OP, and it works!
    Thanks, but that's the old version (I already have that version). A new version was created that allowed you to use .png files stored on your memory for the icon. However, the link to that version is no longer valid.
    02-15-09 07:43 AM
    Sorry, thought that was the newest, my bad! When I upgraded to 4.5.0.something, I'm not sure which one it stopped working at, I had emailed Jonathan. I have never hear back from him about it. Have you tried to contact him yourself? Was the new version created by someone else?
    02-15-09 07:51 AM
    HEY! Have you looked at this:
    Custom Blackberry Web Shortcuts
    I use the YouTube icon, which is available on the freeware link, but I'll warn you, be careful when moving these icons. I have had it disappear before behind the one occupying the spot I was moving it too. As you can see, sibion will make you any custom link for personal use for $2, which is darn cheap. I still prefer the BB Smart to having a ton of icons to sort through. The one drawback being no home screen link.
    Also Berrytastic is supposed to host the new version by Jonathan. I registered there, but haven't gotten my confirmation email yet to check into it. I'll post back when I can see what the 411 is on that.
    OK, got registered, and apparently the new version isn't released yet. Not sure what the issue is, since it had been previously!?! The website for Berrytastic is too painful to use/look at (can't find a way to change the view) for me to bother continuing to assist in this endeavor, but I hope you do as I'll be interested in the outcome.
    Last edited by BigBadWolf; 02-15-09 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Checked Berrytastic
    02-15-09 08:37 AM
    i'm interested in the zip file with the new version if anyone has it. thanks!
    03-17-09 12:31 PM
    I cannot get this to work. I have a BB Storm and it's v5.0.0.328. I have installed the program and typed in the address and the icon addresses and then saved them.

That's it. There are no icons, just a icon for shortcut hub utility. Where are my shortcuts? Did I do something wrong?
    06-03-10 04:21 AM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD