I hear people talking about this app and that it is good. Where do I download it from? Thanks!
    11-21-07 01:43 PM
    You can snag it here
    11-21-07 02:08 PM
    You can get it OTA from http://blackberrytools.sourceforge.n.../BBWeather.jad
    11-21-07 02:31 PM
    i DL the OTA version that kasper linked to and my BB didnt like it at all ... kept freezing up on me ... had to delete ... still searching for a decent weather app ...
    11-21-07 03:46 PM
    Go through BB Help on your BB Browser. Follow the site and you will find it there....
    11-21-07 04:12 PM
    Hi:

I downloaded the BBWeather to my 8130 (Verizon) OTA. It seems to have downloaded correctly, however, I cannot see the entire page. The page is wider than my screen. Any suggestions ?? (This is my first Blackberry and I have only had it a week, so I don't have many BB skills !!)

Thanks !
    11-21-07 04:21 PM
    i DL the OTA version that kasper linked to and my BB didnt like it at all ... kept freezing up on me ... had to delete ... still searching for a decent weather app ...
    I have the same problem when loading it using desktop manager. It would error, then freeze up and I'd have to pull the battery.
    11-21-07 05:04 PM
    Once you bring up the application, press the trackball to bring up the menu so you can add a profile. If you don't do that, it will lock up. After you add a profile, you won't have that issue again.

Also, you will need to have your APN settings entered correctly for this to work.
    11-21-07 05:17 PM
    As Kasper says, when the "no profiles found" message comes up, just press the trackball twice. DO NOT press any other buttons, like menu, etc. Then you can add profiles and all will be well again.

I will make one comment. I used BBWeather for several years. However, with the newer devices memory leaks have become an issue. I found that BBWeather uses memory that it doesn't properly give back to the device when it's through using it. Once I deleted BBWeather off my device I had no more issues losing call logs and emails. Just my $.01 YMMV.
    11-21-07 06:27 PM
    Has anyone else found any other weather programs. BB Weather was working fine for me until I hooked up my corporate emails.

Now my AIM, Yahoo and Weather don't work.

I get the error - "The application BBWeather has attempted to open an external connection which is not allowed by your IT Policy."

Is there a work around?
    11-27-07 05:08 PM
    Go through BB Help on your BB Browser. Follow the site and you will find it there....
    No BBWeather app available...only:

AccuWeather
    The Weather Network
    The Weather Channel
    Yahoo! Weather
    CNN Weather
    Weather Underground
    AltaVista - Babel Fish Translation

Am I looking in the wrong place?
    11-27-07 05:46 PM
    I use weather.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-07 09:34 PM
    I use accuweather. I've bookmarked it, set my locations, and its great!

11-27-07 09:38 PM
    I use accuweather. I've bookmarked it, set my locations, and its great!

If you go to BBHelp...you can download the push version of Accuweather, which provides a neat little icon on the homescreen that matches (with variable accuracy) the type of weather outside.
    11-28-07 06:36 AM
    If you go to BBHelp...you can download the push version of Accuweather, which provides a neat little icon on the homescreen that matches (with variable accuracy) the type of weather outside.
    Thanks davistld01!!!!!! I have an 8130, but I chose to receive messages now...I'm not sure if that's going to better than the browser option, but we'll see. I didn't even realize that "push svcs" icon......I learn something new every day......
    11-28-07 08:43 AM
    Thanks davistld01!!!!!! I have an 8130, but I chose to receive messages now...I'm not sure if that's going to better than the browser option, but we'll see. I didn't even realize that "push svcs" icon......I learn something new every day......
    Glad to help.

I've been looking for a better, and more real-time weather app...but can't seem to find one. For right now, AccuWeather works...and is easily accessed, so I'll stick with it.
    11-28-07 10:11 AM
    I've been using the Accuweather and one of the other Push Weather (cant remember if its Network or Channel) services and it only gives an update twice a day which isnt as real time (the weather here changes every 15 minutes it seems) as I'd like but hey it works great
    11-28-07 10:31 AM
    Tellme is really nice, it uses the GPS

m.tellme.com
    07-21-08 06:42 PM
    i LOVE it!!
    07-21-08 06:44 PM
    You guys forget about weather eye and weather bug. They both put a icon on your home screen.
    07-21-08 06:47 PM
    I've tried to download accuweather three times now, and never can I get the icon you guys talk about. I can go to the site via bookmarks but that is all. What is going wrong??
    07-21-08 08:47 PM
    !!bump!!
    07-25-08 03:43 PM
    I use Weathereye and it has a icon on your screen when you scroll over it tells you the temp and the pic of the icon changes to your weather outside.
    07-25-08 09:19 PM
    Weathereye works for me
    07-25-08 09:29 PM
    I've tried to download accuweather three times now, and never can I get the icon you guys talk about. I can go to the site via bookmarks but that is all. What is going wrong??
    Accuweather does not have an application. Not sure where you got information that it did?
    07-25-08 10:22 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD