I am impressed. Maybe old hat to some that use a lot of apps like this (assuming there are). I booked a ski trip to Utah yesterday through Expedia.com, using a PC. Then later I was surprised to get an email from BlackBerry Travel stating the email account that had received the new trip itinerary was not associated with my BB Travel account, click to add. True I had used a different email account for my BB ID. So I added that email as well.

So what surprised me is that BB Travel was aware at all that I had booked. Well duh, all my email accounts come through RIM's service. So it saw the email, recognized it as an itinerary from Expedia and automatically imported it as a "new trip" in BB Travel on my 9930.

That's pretty slick. I had always thought BB Travel was just something you could book through.

Anyway, a pleasant surprise and a true example of an app that fits RIM's core customer base perfectly.
    11-15-11 04:08 PM
    It is a tres cool app. Only issue I found is that it gets confused when crossing the international date line and connecting with a flight. It thinks you are staying over night and need a hotel.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-11 04:50 AM
    I dot it by mistake when looking for blackberry traffic and then deleted when I realized since I drive everywhere. If you don't have blackberry traffic, you will love that one when you're on vacay. You get driving directions, can search for whatever you want and then choose "go" for the directions or "call" to call the place! I loved it on vacay when taking day trips.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-11 07:59 AM
    I have been using BlackBerry Travel since it was released in the US (was using and paying for WorldMate) and I have had great success thus far.

Does anyone know if there is a way to save old itineraries for reference, etc, and be able to view them?

After a few days an old itinerary is automatically removed but have not found if it is accessable, not even at the BlackBerry Travel website.

Thanks for any help or information.
    02-15-12 04:20 AM
    Found the feature on line -- don't know how I missed it before -- and so I'm good with that.!!!!
    02-18-12 01:52 PM
    Only thing it's missing, and the only reason I still use Kayak is booking flights! It's fantastic on all other fronts.
    02-18-12 02:27 PM
    I use it and like it as well, BUT... I don't like that it doesn't like it if you don't enter "accomodations". We stay with family on a lot of the trips. I would like a "none" option.
    02-18-12 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD