10-15-12 02:16 PM
42 12
tools
    I guess that is what I will do too. But won't I lose my places? My dad said it could be solar flares. Apparently they mess with gps.
    07-04-12 07:36 PM
    Welp, uninstalled, reinstalled, places GONE, still not f***ing working.
    07-04-12 08:06 PM
    Down since 6/28. Deleted, reset, reinstalled...no joy. Cmon RIM; get on this!
    07-04-12 09:09 PM
    For all of you out there that are STILL having this issue...I did call back and tell the tech advisor that there are LOTS of people STILL having a problem. They said that they will try and recreate the problem on their end and see what could be done I definitely will carry my hubby's backup GPS! You never know when this app will act up or self destruct
    07-05-12 02:20 AM
    I re-upped AT&T's Navigator (TeleNav) because I needed the capability, and it worked fine. I hoped it might also enable Traffic, but no luck. It seems to be a RIM issue.
    07-05-12 07:54 AM
    Update - it now appears to be working. I'd love to know what happened before I rely on it again.
    07-05-12 05:01 PM
    I agree. I need it saturday. Will it work? Who knows! It was down for way too long.
    07-05-12 06:32 PM
    I'm having the same issues as everyone else. I've deleted the app and reinstalled, to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I could have really used this app last weekend when I was trying to find my way to my hotel in Livonia, MI.
    07-06-12 03:14 PM
    Thursday 5-July Blackberry Traffic started working again. I believe they might of changed servers and/or sources of route data. I use Blackberry Traffic before I leave work from home to determine the best route home based on traffic. Yesterday it suggested a much different route although traffic and construction were constant from the day before. Also, when it calculates the route, it is actually snappy!

RIM, I understand outages but let people (like people in this thread) that rely on your tools when there are issues!!!!!
    07-06-12 07:29 PM
    I'm glad it's back!! I really missed BB Traffic.
    07-06-12 08:53 PM
    I wonder if this was all related to the announcement in May about the new relationship with Tom Tom? Bajr's comments about the new routing reminded me about that change.
    07-07-12 07:43 AM
    I stated this in another post. I have no problems with my 9900 on TMO. Y'all are getting blocked by your ridiculously expensive and controlling carriers. AT&T and Verizon are blocking your free GPS service. Sorry but choose another carrier.
    Correction D_March, AT&T does not block GPS service.

RIM, I understand outages but let people (like people in this thread) that rely on your tools when there are issues!!!!!
    Amen!!!

And to concur with others, used mine extensively yesterday and it worked great. Happy to have it back.
    07-07-12 09:41 AM
    Yep, it's kickin' today. Used it all morning house hunting west of San Antonio. Does seem snappier but that may just be me.
    07-07-12 01:01 PM
    I used it today for a 3 hour trip and it worked well, but it kept saying "gps signal was lost" about every 5 minutes. It may have been because of a lot of mountains. Also, I have ATT and where I was going everyone has Verizon because the ATT coverage is not good in that area at all.
    07-07-12 08:28 PM
    I got the GPS signal is lost message a lot on the first leg of my trip this morning. After I entered my second destination I didn't get it anymore. I suspect this may be a phone issue and not a BB Traffic issue.
    07-07-12 09:42 PM
    I just returned from traveling and thought it was only me until reading this post. I was in Vermont and Quebec when I had trouble. It started working yesterday.

Here is what I found by experimenting in case anyone is curious.

The problem was in the routing when multiple routes were possible because...
    -it would still tell the distance when returning search results, but would not give trip-turn directions
    -once I got close to the destination, it would begin working and give directions

So it knew my location but couldn't give directions.
    Last edited by glassofpinot; 07-08-12 at 01:28 AM. Reason: Sp
    07-08-12 01:28 AM
    I have been unable to reach the servers for more than a day now as of 10/15/12.
    10-15-12 02:16 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD