I had a chance to test BB Traffic (BBT) last week driving to unfamiliar territory and I must say this apps works great. I initially thought this app was like google maps where you punch in the starting point and end point and it will give driving directions. But, BBT is more than just laying out directions.

Similar to voice GPS like Garmin, BB traffic will also "recalculate" if you've made a wrong turn and will find a new route for you to reach your destination. While it does not speak the turn-by-turn directions nor do I have a place to place my 9700 on the car's dashboard, I feel comfortable driving with one hand and briefly looking at the BB in my other hand. However, the one time I did try BBT was in daytime, so I don't know if I can say the same using it at night.

I DLed this app two months ago but had problems making it work. It would constantly look for GPS but could never find it. I then found BBT needs BBMaps in order for it to work, but BBMaps came with 5.0 so I didn't know what the issue was. I saw it on my apps list but it still did not work, so I removed BBMaps and reinstalled it and now BBT works.

With BBT, I made it to my job interview on time. Although it was my carelessness that made me missed my exit even after printing out the driving directions from google maps, it came in real handy when I wasn't even expecting to use it.

I don't know if there's similar or better apps of this nature for the 9700, but BBT worked for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-11 11:25 PM
    I love this app as well. I use it constantly and it always finds me and gives great directions.
    06-24-11 11:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD