Hey all,

I have done my due diligence on this and several other forums, and cannot find an answer, so I'm gonna throw this out directly.

I have a pearl, and my girlfriend has the Storm. I am the technical one, and she wants me to set up google sync for her calendars only, not contacts.

Here are the issues:
    When downloaded from m.google.com/sync, version .5.1.5, it installs correctly according to the notification that comes up

I open google sync, and her keyboard appears, and I cannot get it to disappear so I can scroll down to the text boxes where I can put in her username and password.

I get around this by going to the calendar, and signing in from there. It allows me to sign in. I edit the settings for calendar only, 4 weeks in advance, and 1 week in the past, just to get things going. It tells me sync failed, every time.

I have gone to options -> advance options -> default services and made sure her gmail.com account is the only thing for CICAL, and her gmail.com account is listed in the Calendar app as well.

I have tried her account on my pearl to make sure its not on google's end, and it will sync to my phone.

I have upgraded her firmware to 4.7.0.148, with no changes.

I have deleted the app, restarted the phone, and reinstalled, to no avail.

Occasionally if I can sign in through the actual application, and not through the link the the Calendar app, I can input her username, and password, the keyboard still is present, with no option in the menu to hide it, and when I click sign in, it clears the password field, and does nothing, so I retype the password, reclick sign in, it reclears it, and so on and so forth ad nauseum.

Are there any tricks to getting this working that I am missing? I have read several forums that people have this app working on this model, but I'm out of ideas. Thanks
    08-20-09 09:38 AM
    I am running .151 and google sync works fine for me. Is compatibility mode turned off for google sync?
    08-20-09 09:46 AM
    Sorry, forgot about that part, yes, compatibility mode is indeed turned off.
    08-20-09 09:47 AM
    I found that google sync does not work if you have your BBDM sync to outlook. I tried do just what your girlfiend did and only sync the calendar, but with no success.

=X=
    08-20-09 09:56 AM
    At the moment, I have on my computer Outlook synced to google calendar, but she does not. She is synced to her mac though. Can having iCal sync to googlecal cause an issue like this?
    08-20-09 09:58 AM
    Are all permissions set to allow?
    08-20-09 10:49 AM
    All permissions are set to allow yes. While frustrating that it still not working, also slightly gratifying that I've apparently been looking in the right places.
    08-20-09 10:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD