Already signed up and then tried. I can't get past the "Sign In" screen because I cannot select the "Password" box. After looking carefully I found that its selected behind the box(?) but I cant click "LOGIN".

Any ideas?
    Disable compatibility....options>advanced options>apps>menu key>disable compatibility..
    12-02-08 06:38 PM
    Suggestion - Any way to put a "*" or something for the paid apps? What can I say, I'm cheap.

Great post though I've already downloaded a few. Thanks!
    12-02-08 06:38 PM
    Great post. I do/did have a couple of these applications already. This should be stickied.

Another thing, as add new apps can you please edit them on the first page on the first post so we don't have to go through lots of pages looking for new ones.

ps - Hopefully LiveSearch will be working on the storm soon.
    12-02-08 06:42 PM
    For some unknown(to me) reason, the CaptureIt link won't open on my PC?

And, I found this link to be a better one for Trapster.

No, I don't have a Storm but I hope to one day and I'm following all the threads as I live vicariously through y'all's escapades with yours..
    12-02-08 06:50 PM
    Disable compatibility....options>advanced options>apps>menu key>disable compatibility..
    wow, thanks. works like a charm now!
    12-02-08 07:02 PM
    For some unknown(to me) reason, the CaptureIt link won't open on my PC?

And, I found this link to be a better one for Trapster.

No, I don't have a Storm but I hope to one day and I'm following all the threads as I live vicariously through y'all's escapades with yours..
    The captureit is not supposed to work for your pc... lol. these are Storm apps that are to be downloaded Over The Air (OTA)

The Trapster link you mention is not compatible with the Storm. the link i have posted is for their beta version as discussed in another thread
    12-02-08 07:03 PM
    PeeKaWho seems like a cool addon, shame it isnt freeware
    12-02-08 07:07 PM
    Suggestion - Any way to put a "*" or something for the paid apps? What can I say, I'm cheap.

Great post though I've already downloaded a few. Thanks!
    All the apps I listed are free with the exception of one which I listed that it is shareware and it is $10. In the future, when I have more pay apps, I plan on having seperate sections for pay and free apps.

Great post, I'll be checking back to this tread often.

Suggestion: When the list gets long, maybe break it down with categories; such as Free vs. Purchase, etc.

Great post. I do/did have a couple of these applications already. This should be stickied.

Another thing, as add new apps can you please edit them on the first page on the first post so we don't have to go through lots of pages looking for new ones.

ps - Hopefully LiveSearch will be working on the storm soon.
    I originally wrote in my first post that I will be updating them and I already have been with the replies Ive received thus far. However, I will not add apps that are not compatible. So now I ask you, did you read my first post?
    12-02-08 07:19 PM
    bump. seems to be getting lost in the forum
    12-02-08 11:53 PM
    I would suggest adding Blackberry Alerts to the list. I just downloaded this and I can not live without it. Makes your BB repeat its reminders that you have a waiting SMS and/or email and/or mms and/or other calendar reminder.

BByMel Software

Edit....ooops this is not free.....but totally worth it for me.
    Last edited by jb-sb; 12-03-08 at 01:09 AM.
    12-03-08 12:19 AM
    softreset doesnt work on my storm, i get a java error when i try to hit reset! any ideas?
    12-03-08 12:35 AM
    I cant find the Disable Compatibility button. I think this will make it possible for me to click links in browser windows.

I got to options>applicaitons> and then what....the Blackberry key? I did that and did not see Disable Compatibility anywhere.

I loaded .75 by the way.

thanks
    Rc
    12-03-08 12:41 AM
    I'll add vibeandring, which allows you to set vibration and ring at he same time. I have it and it works perfectly.
    X2!! Love this joint! But where the heck is BBSmart Alarms?!? I hate that when you make an alarm using the clock it adds it to your calendar. And that's annoying for a daily alarm!
    12-03-08 06:39 AM
    very good thread... THANKS!!
    12-03-08 09:40 AM
    I had vibandring on my pearl, and just fwd'd the email to my storm, and it works perfectly.
    12-03-08 09:44 AM
    softreset doesnt work on my storm, i get a java error when i try to hit reset! any ideas?

Works fine on mine?????????????????
    12-03-08 09:44 AM
    I cant find the Disable Compatibility button. I think this will make it possible for me to click links in browser windows.

I got to options>applicaitons> and then what....the Blackberry key? I did that and did not see Disable Compatibility anywhere.

I loaded .75 by the way.

thanks
    Rc
    Highlight the application and then hit the BB key.
    12-03-08 09:45 AM

I loaded .75 by the way.

thanks
    Rc
    options>Advanced Options>apps>highlight,(DON'T CLICK) the app you want to disable compatibility on, then hit the menu key....
    12-03-08 09:46 AM
    **STICKY** (un-sticky the other thread)

Great idea... the other thread is unreadable.

I'll add vibeandring, which allows you to set vibration and ring at he same time. I have it and it works perfectly. Only thing though is when you get a call and silent the ring, it keeps vibrating, no big deal.

http:// software.crackberry.com/product.asp?id=19664
    Added. Thank You
    12-03-08 12:22 PM
    Try a battery pull or reinstall?
    12-03-08 12:23 PM
    I also downloaded VLingo which is also not compatible with the storm, but it works for me. The interface needs to be updated to work with the storm, it doesn't recognized the touch, you need to slide your finger until an option is selected then click instead of touching and clicking. Once you get it setup, it works on the storm. You also need to have the recording permission set to allow.
    Thanks! Added
    12-03-08 12:24 PM
    I have a Storm with Verizon Wireless.

Does anyone know if a MSN/Yahoo/AIM message sent from instango is counted as a SMS Text message?

I am just afraid of sending a bunch of messages and be charged for all of them.

Thanks!
    12-03-08 12:41 PM
    I have a Storm with Verizon Wireless.

Does anyone know if a MSN/Yahoo/AIM message sent from instango is counted as a SMS Text message?

I am just afraid of sending a bunch of messages and be charged for all of them.

Thanks!
    No it doesnt. Neither does Blackberry Messenger texts you send or Messages you send with the native messenger apps. They do use data however so be sure you are on an unlimited data plan.
    12-03-08 12:45 PM
    Hi Aradlahiji,

Thanks for your reply. I have unlimited BlackBerry Data Plan with Verizon. But when I purchased my storm, I asked the vendor about instant messaging and he told me that on Verizon instant messages are treated like SMS messages so I would have to pay for each message or pay for a SMS plan.

Then a friend of mine said it is just Verizon trying to make me subscribe a SMS plan, that there are other options in the market such as Beejive and others. Then I found Instango which I already installed, but got concerned if the messages sent from Instango really go through my data plan or as SMS messages.

I appreciate your help to clarify this.

Denis

No it doesnt. Neither does Blackberry Messenger texts you send or Messages you send with the native messenger apps. They do use data however so be sure you are on an unlimited data plan.
    12-03-08 12:53 PM
    Hi Aradlahiji,

Thanks for your reply. I have unlimited BlackBerry Data Plan with Verizon. But when I purchased my storm, I asked the vendor about instant messaging and he told me that on Verizon instant messages are treated like SMS messages so I would have to pay for each message or pay for a SMS plan.

Then a friend of mine said it is just Verizon trying to make me subscribe a SMS plan, that there are other options in the market such as Beejive and others. Then I found Instango which I already installed, but got concerned if the messages sent from Instango really go through my data plan or as SMS messages.

I appreciate your help to clarify this.

Denis

Ive never heard that before but I have heard that many ppl that work in the verizon stores dont know their @$$ from their elbow. but if you dont believe me, you can test it yourself, send out 20 messages using your Instango app. and maybe one or 2 as a SMS text. Then go into your VZW account online and see if they show up. I think you have to wait a couple hours before they will show though.
    12-03-08 12:58 PM
1,489 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD