hey guys. quick question.

i've got the facebook for blackberry app on my phone. and it used to work perfectly: my messages, friend requests, etc. all used to come up on that.

the problem was that i also had facebook texts turned on, so i was getting messages twice: in the facebook app and in a text message.

so i went to the facebook site on my computer and turned off the texts.

now the facebook app doesn't get messages or anything anymore.

any ideas?
    07-14-09 04:21 PM
    I would say that when you went to Facebook through your computer, you turned off your whole phone number. Facebook App on the BB uses your phone number to connect to Facebook, so it would make sense to say that you disabled your number entirely instead of just the texts option.

On Facebook on your computer, click on Settings in the top right corner. Then click on Mobile, and see if your number and carrier is displayed.
    07-14-09 04:39 PM
    I thought that the Facebook app sends it through your e-mail... that's why it asks you for it on setup, no?
    07-14-09 06:31 PM
    Reassign your email address on facebook to your device email again. It happened to me and this fixed it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 07:01 PM
    hey guys. quick question.

i've got the facebook for blackberry app on my phone. and it used to work perfectly: my messages, friend requests, etc. all used to come up on that.

the problem was that i also had facebook texts turned on, so i was getting messages twice: in the facebook app and in a text message.

so i went to the facebook site on my computer and turned off the texts.

now the facebook app doesn't get messages or anything anymore.

any ideas?
    You can turn off the mobile text, but make sure you have your email notifications on. As long as the email regulared on facebook is the same on the Blackberry...the App will catch all notifications.
    07-14-09 09:52 PM
    If non of these things work, delete fb and go with a fresh set up and install.
    07-14-09 10:15 PM
    Ok I have the problem of non showing up even though its the same as my e mail on my bb...I have fb 1.6
    Any help would help a lot I miss getting my fb messages on my app!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 12:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD