Does anyone know when this is to be released? I thought it was supposed to have been released by now...
    06-21-09 10:44 AM
    Forgive me for asking but isn't skype a internet phone service? why would you want that for the blackberry?
    06-21-09 11:17 AM
    It's desired so when calling other skype users (or other landlines if the user has such a plan) on other continents is loads cheaper.

I have not heard of any ETA, but I have heard about limitations (what type of connection, etc.) imposed by the carriers. IM+ for Skype and iSkoot are other options.
    06-21-09 11:33 AM
    Jees dude that would be huge,you could make calls through your data plan ,via voip ... just subscribe to a skype plan and your set... the iskoot app was not too good in my case,iskoot is good for someone making international calls,anyway yeah back to your question-it was supposed to be in may...who knows ?
    06-21-09 11:34 AM
    Yes it is but it suppose to come out last month! People chat eachother on it and you can finally do it via your phone with skype! Easier and faster!

I don't know when the release of the app hope soon! I use it a lot to talk and chat with friends in the states and western Canada!

Mobile phones already has the application make for it and many other device or similar program works on bold but as for skype one of the common on is the next step

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-09 11:36 AM
    It is so Dumb that all other Companies Nokia,Iphone etc have Skype. I am still waiting for the release. It was suppose to be last month.
    06-30-09 06:01 AM
    Jees dude that would be huge,you could make calls through your data plan ,via voip ... just subscribe to a skype plan and your set... the iskoot app was not too good in my case,iskoot is good for someone making international calls,anyway yeah back to your question-it was supposed to be in may...who knows ?
    How did you find using iSkoot on the Bold? I do make intl calls so thought to give this a try as you mentioned its good for one who makes intl calls..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-09 06:33 AM
    It was supposed to be available in May but nothing came of it, no news whatsoever - I posted about this a little while ago and nobody seemed to know anything - keeping an eye on the blogs is probably your best bet.
    06-30-09 07:12 AM
    Last I heard They Started a closed beta testing on the skype app for blackberry in mid may but have not yet released it to the public.
    06-30-09 12:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD