Research In Motion Offers Free Premium Apps to Customers Following Service Interruptions

Research In Motion (RIM) (NASDAQ: RIMM; TSX: RIM) announced today that a selection of premium apps worth a total value of more than US $100 will be offered free of charge to subscribers as an expression of appreciation for their patience during the recent service disruptions. The apps will be made available to customers over the coming weeks on BlackBerry� App World� and will continue to be available until December 31, 2011.*

�Our global network supports the communications needs of more than 70 million customers,� said RIM Co-CEO Mike Lazaridis. �We truly appreciate and value our relationship with our customers. We�ve worked hard to earn their trust over the past 12 years, and we�re committed to providing the high standard of reliability they expect, today and in the future.�

The complete selection of premium apps will become available to download at BlackBerry App World over a period of four weeks beginning Wednesday, October 19th. The selections over this period will include the following (with more to come):

� SIMS 3 - Electronic Arts
    � Bejeweled - Electronic Arts
    � N.O.V.A. - Gameloft
    � Texas Hold�em Poker 2 - Gameloft
    � Bubble Bash 2 - Gameloft
    � Photo Editor Ultimate - Ice Cold Apps
    � DriveSafe.ly Pro - iSpeech.org
    � iSpeech Translator Pro - iSpeech.org
    � Drive Safe.ly Enterprise - iSpeech.org
    � Nobex Radio� Premium - Nobex
    � Shazam Encore - Shazam
    � Vlingo Plus: Virtual Assistant - Vlingo

RIM�s enterprise customers will also be offered one month of free Technical Support. Current customers will be offered a complimentary one month extension of their existing Technical Support contract, and customers who do not currently have a Technical Support contract will be offered a one month trial of RIM�s BlackBerry Technical Support Services - Enhanced Support, free of charge. Additional details about the program and information about how to register will be available at Enterprise Offer.

�We are grateful to our loyal BlackBerry customers for their patience,� added Lazaridis. �We have apologized to our customers and we will work tirelessly to restore their confidence. We are taking immediate and aggressive steps to help prevent something like this from happening again.�

Research In Motion Offers Free Premium Apps to Customers Following Service Interruptions
    sushistew, Pete6#WP and tarmpung like this.
    10-17-11 03:40 AM
    Thanks for posting this. It is nice of RIM to give away some apps. Personally I'd prefer a network that does not fail but, there ya go.
    10-17-11 04:10 AM
    How many of these will work with OS 7..?
    10-17-11 04:51 AM
    If you want to know, go to appworld on the internet and check compatibility for each app.
    Do you really expect somebody to do that for your lazy @ss? haha :-) j/k
    10-17-11 05:45 AM
    Thanks RIM!
    10-17-11 08:23 AM
    Shazam Encore - Shazam DO NOT work on OS 7 yet. This is a pain because what's the point of giving away apps that may not work on my phone. As a RIM customer, I would like to see a CREDIT on my App World account rather than THEY selecting which app I can buy when almost all the apps I want either not available for OS 7 OR not listed by RIM.

For example, Shazam Encore - Shazam should be available for OS 7 for free once they available. (Can they issue a rain check or something?)
    10-17-11 09:22 AM
    Can you download these apps and then delete the once you don't use now so that it will be listed under "Uninstalled Apps" in My World of App World? This way when we need it we can re download it for free???
    10-17-11 09:25 AM
    Is this only for owners of 9900/9930???

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...ptions-660822/
    10-17-11 09:31 AM
    Can you download these apps and then delete the once you don't use now so that it will be listed under "Uninstalled Apps" in My World of App World? This way when we need it we can re download it for free???
    If the app isn't compatible with your device, you won't even be able to download it. As for premium apps that are free for limited time, if you delete the app and try to re-install at a later date, you might get a message that it is not available for download from app world. I've seen that message on several themes on older devices.
    mssca likes this.
    10-17-11 09:37 AM
    Is this only for owners of 9900/9930???
    Yeah... apparently we were the only ones who suffered from the outage
    Pete6#WP likes this.
    10-17-11 09:38 AM
    Yeah... apparently we were the only ones who suffered from the outage
    Kevin should add a News and Rumors section! Oh wait....
    10-17-11 09:48 AM
    Shazam Encore - Shazam DO NOT work on OS 7 yet. This is a pain because what's the point of giving away apps that may not work on my phone. As a RIM customer, I would like to see a CREDIT on my App World account rather than THEY selecting which app I can buy when almost all the apps I want either not available for OS 7 OR not listed by RIM.
    ...I managed to get Shazam to work on my 9900, it's not perfect but I just emailed the developers and they replied w/ the alx etc files. You're also absolutely right, we should receive a credit at App World rather than these selected titles, I for one don't play games on my phone and would far rather be given a choice...like the one we didn't get when we were w/o services for four days.
    mssca likes this.
    10-17-11 10:50 AM
    Thanks for sharing!
    10-18-11 08:10 AM
    ...I managed to get Shazam to work on my 9900, it's not perfect but I just emailed the developers and they replied w/ the alx etc files. You're also absolutely right, we should receive a credit at App World rather than these selected titles, I for one don't play games on my phone and would far rather be given a choice...like the one we didn't get when we were w/o services for four days.
    This is stupid... I mean RIM is stupid. No wonder they will waste so much money on this give away to benefit only a selected population of people. Why not just give a $10... oh well how about $8 credit to ALL the BB users in areas that effected rather than the guy who owns 2 Blackberries and 3 Playbooks downloading all the apps they offer for free and RIM count that as 5 customers even though it is only one customer?
    10-18-11 07:29 PM
    That's a nice gesture from the company to their customers
    Last edited by jorgealarcon; 10-18-11 at 09:08 PM. Reason: mistake
    10-18-11 09:05 PM
    When the free encore version becomes available, let's if this trick works. hopefully... or better yet, maybe support for OS7 will be available by then.
    10-19-11 09:16 AM
    Free Premium Apps? Trash is more like it and the lack of posts from other customers complaining about this shows that Rim/Blackberry is hiding the complaints!

$100 worth of cheap apps (Premium not close)

Only available until the end of December? When will the "Free Premium Apps" be available?

Service is down the drain, os 6 is garbage and they want fost more garbage on us to take our money.

Let the world know what you think!
    12-16-11 01:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD