I'm looking for some kind of an app for my Tour where you can punch in an address and it pulls up the MLS listing for a certain property? I know I can do this on Redfin.com but wondering if anyone knows of an app specially made for this purpose.

The scenario would be, you are driving around a neighborhood(s), see a house for sale and want instant details on the property from outside.
    08-18-09 05:36 PM
    hmmm, no one?
    08-18-09 06:50 PM
    I'm an agent in PA. I'm rather certain it cannot be done. Not a true MLS. Not yet. I looked into it a while back. Mls uses explorer which we can't access on bb. I here my local mls is workin on it cause bb is finally getting some respect in the realtor world. Like using the bb as an "ekey" if we want to open houses. I don't know where you are or if your area uses ekeys or if you're even a realtor now that I think about it!! Bottom line is it's not gonna happen right now. That's why Assoc of Realtor are always pushing Palms cause they can do that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 07:00 PM
    I believe it depends upon the MLS you are associated with. My local MLS (Antelope Valley, CA) allows MLS searches via smart phones as well as eKey lockbox access via Blackberries.

08-18-09 07:14 PM
    nope just a prospective buyer in the san francisco area. it just seems like a no brainer. you are sitting outside a house with a for sale sign and you want details on the listing instantly. punch it in and there it is. bummer, oh well.
    08-18-09 07:22 PM
    I'm with ya on the mls searches via smartphones, but I don't think bb's are one of em. Least not here. Maybe your mls isn't run thru explorer so that would allow it work I suppose. I'm with ya on the ekey though. Bb's do that here as I mention
    ed earlier.

08-18-09 07:25 PM
    The primary reason I got a Blackberry was because of MLS access, so I know that the capability is there. You can use your Blackberry as an ekey through the GE Suprakey services. They have a fob key that interacts with your BB and you can open doors.

Kurio.com allows for professional and public use of MLS. Other options for pro use of MLS is Pocket Real Estate and Pocket MLS. Kurio also has a BB Launcher that puts an icon on your device and launches you right into the web site. Kurio recently announced on their blog that a San Francisco MLS will be available soon. They have MLS from many cities and regions across the country, but not all. Pocket Real Estate and Pocket MLS are your best options for pro, if Kurio doesn't support your local MLS. I recall the Pocket Apps costing well over $100 and Kurio doesn't list any prices on their site.
    08-19-09 03:47 AM
    kinda sucks that we dont have much.... on the iphone there are coldwell, zillow and redfin

From the BB I can only access the zillow mobile site and coldwell...not too bad but we need more apps....I hate it that I cant get info when I want...

hopefully they're working on it....

Kurio looks good, just wish it was for the east coast...
    09-13-09 10:57 AM
    Smarter Agent is a nice little Realestate App. Not sure if it's what you need or not but here's the OTA link if you want to give it a try.
    Smarter Agent - Homes For Sale
    09-13-09 11:49 AM
    Both my parents are real estate agents... There is a software that my dad has on his storm that is a mini MLS in a way... Our board and association here uses the electronic ones with the infrared signals, so he has a device that he bought for $100 I believe that runs off of his storms bluetooth and can unlock the lock boxes from there..

So it IS possible...
    09-13-09 01:05 PM
    That would be a great application
    09-13-09 04:41 PM
    @pegb856 mentioned Smarter Agent's BlackBerry app a few posts ago. Since that time, we've added some great new features.

You can search homes for sale, rentals and recently sold homes with Real Estate by Smarter Agent. It's free to download and it shows you MLS listings in more than 300 markets nationwide. You can search by GPS, address, city or zip code and refine your search by price range, property type, beds/baths and distance to find what you're looking for.

You can also save your searches, share properties with a friend via text or email or send the app to a friend. Download Real Estate by Smarter Agent from App World or text SA to 87778 to send yourself a link to download the app!
    05-10-10 03:50 PM
    In Maryland, our MLS has a mobile app that works almost identical to the normal MLS (a couple of features are missing, but on-the-go functionality is great).

Check with your local MLS to see if they have an app or if they have the capability in the works
    05-10-10 04:00 PM
    i am looing for a good free app to calculate mortgages on my bb tour 9630... anyone got any ???
    05-11-10 09:33 AM
    You can try Mortgage Calculator Pro @ $7.50 works well. Tried smarter agent which is a super program but they only show the Branded properties on the free version.
    05-11-10 02:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD