I can back up my phone with device manager and Blackberry protect will show me the location of my phone online, but when it comes to backing up my data online it hasn't done it since the 22nd of November!

All I get are a bunch of error messages that say BB protect has tried to back up your device 148 times and failed.
    When I watch the back up manually, it seems to stall at 99% and then fail. =(
    Any ideas on how to fix? I have the latest version of BB Protect, OS6 and run a 9330. (Waiting for BBX already!)
    12-07-12 02:01 AM
    Try to delete blackberry log registry
    12-07-12 02:04 AM
    So I deleted the log that comes up when you type ALT+LGLG. I assume that's what you mean?

Same problem though still...
    12-11-12 07:44 PM
    OP: Why aren't you using BlackBerry Desktop Manager to back up and restore your files/contacts/calendar? If you continue having issues with this problem, you might want to consider trying to do a full and complete back up with BB Desktop Manager and then if you wish--- doing a download of a newer OS that you want on your phone, to your PC. Once the new OS is downloaded and you have done a complete and full backup, open the AppLoader file on your PC and upgrade the os to your phone. This process will wipe your phone of any and all corrupted files and then restore the new operating system and programs you want on it. Once that is done, you can then restore all of your files from BBDM backup to your phone. One Note: If you do down load an OS from another carrier than your own, you will need to delete the Vendor.xml files located on your PC (Do a search on your pc for VENDOR.XML and there should be two of them that come up--delete both as you do not need them and they will make the apploader unable to see the new downloaded OS. There are plenty of instructions on here if you need them or we can repost them for you. Regardless of whether you do a reload of the OS, you should back up and restore from BBDM. It's the cleanest method and you won't have these issues. Let us know if we can help. Good Luck!
    12-11-12 08:27 PM
    The first sentence in the OPs post is that he can (which I take to mean he does) back up his data via DM.
    I believe his problem is with the OTA backup feature within BlackBerry Protect.
    Many users, including myself use BBProtect as an additional backup measure.

OP. Have you tried to delete and reinstall BBProtect?
    If you have with negative results, I would then recommend a wipe/reload as previously noted.
    There could be some corrupt OS file preventing it from working properly.

HTH
    12-11-12 10:42 PM
    The first sentence in the OPs post is that he can (which I take to mean he does) back up his data via DM.
    I believe his problem is with the OTA backup feature within BlackBerry Protect.
    Many users, including myself use BBProtect as an additional backup measure.

OP. Have you tried to delete and reinstall BBProtect?
    If you have with negative results, I would then recommend a wipe/reload as previously noted.
    There could be some corrupt OS file preventing it from working properly.

HTH
    This is correct; I do use the Desktop Manager to back up but only once or twice a month. I'd really rather not attempt the complete wipe, etc because my USB socket is a bit loose and I'm not sure I could avoid bumping it. I deleted the file with DM (Or whatever BB calls it now) but it appears I'll have to install it through the phone....which needs an update to blackberry ID/it'll be done eventually. I'll post my results after that. I was kind of hoping someone else had experienced this before (and had an /easy/ solution)
    12-13-12 03:18 PM
    Soooooooooooooooooo, I did the complete wipe and restore and same problems. Is there maybe some sort of like...size limit or something? Like maybe the application has to complete in a certain amount of time and my wireless speeds are too slow or something? (Even though I've been to multiple places during these problems)
    01-11-13 08:21 PM
    Hi did you manage to sort this issue as I have the same problem
    09-17-14 03:52 PM