Per the article on the Crackberry Home page today, I decided to upgrade my BB Protect application. As I proceeded with the upgrade, an error message came up saying that it could have a conflict with a "Plan Application" on my phone and may cause issues with phone working correctly. I backed out and searched the forums for others that have had this happen. Surprisingly back in May, there were the same issues with an earlier upgrade that came out then, but appears to only be on phones with 7.1 OS upgrades. I didn't put 7.1.378 on the phone until mid May so I may have upgraded prior to that as I always do BB app upgrades. Any ideas what to do from any of the gurus here? Thanks!
    07-10-12 02:55 PM
    Personally, if I ran into your situation (which I know I'm not because I'm still on 7.0 OS lol), I would delete "Plan Application" app and install BB Protect and see if the install go thru, and then re-install "Plan Application" app again if necessary. Just curious, what is "Plan Application" app?? Is that part of 7.1 OS?
    07-10-12 05:02 PM
    Ha Ha! No idea what it is either, which is why I'm a little worried to do just that--delete it, etc.
    Really since my BB Protect is working great, I'm not really sure the upgrades warrent the risk. There have been so many issues with the 7.1 upgrades as it is, that once you get one that is working, it may be best not to screw with it if you know what I mean-LOL--Thanks!
    07-10-12 05:31 PM
    Ha Ha! No idea what it is either, which is why I'm a little worried to do just that--delete it, etc.
    Really since my BB Protect is working great, I'm not really sure the upgrades warrent the risk. There have been so many issues with the 7.1 upgrades as it is, that once you get one that is working, it may be best not to screw with it if you know what I mean-LOL--Thanks!
    I wouldn't worried about deleting Plan Application app. It is wise to run the updated BB Protect if you do use it.. just my opinion.
    07-10-12 05:48 PM
    FYI, I read on an earlier thread that the release for BBP that came out in April or May had the same issues and a couple of the people that in fact deleted the Plan Application and then updated the BBP had issues with their mics and texting, etc. With enough chatter on here about it, BB may change the coding to work around the Plan Application for BBP. If not, they will be losing a lot of Protect business I would think--though it is just an upgrade they are offering. I don't have the you know what, to do it yet==going to way to see what the threads say-LoL
    PS: Love Toronto BTW. One of the companies I do buisness with is located there so I'm there every once in a while.
    07-10-12 06:37 PM
    BUMP!
    The plan app seems to do with purchasing apps through BB or perhaps BBMusic. Still afraid to try the upgrade as there has been several issues with it already. Anyone else have issues. Please post here so we can get some answers. BBProtect is too good a program to NOT have it working correctly or at all. Thanks!
    07-11-12 02:22 PM
    I have an issue with BB Protect too. I upgraded a couple days back and it still says verifying BB ID. I stopped BB Protect and restarted to no effect. Any ideas on how to get this working? Else, could I roll back to the earlier version?
    07-11-12 02:39 PM
    Uninstall, reboot, re-install fixes the "verifying BB ID" issue. This will install the latest version of BB ID as well. Works fine after that
    07-11-12 06:44 PM
    I'm on a 9650 running OS6. I've had BBProtect on my phone since it came out, but don't use the backups. I use it to locate, lock, and wipe remotely. I do backups via DM. Whenever I tried to do a backup (I have lots of MMS messages with embedded images) it runs very slowly and screeches to a halt at around 98%. I have around 70mb free memory. I did a backup via DM, deleted all text messages with attachments, and had much > 70mb available. I ran a BBProtect backup and it worked. Then I restored my original messages from my backup and turned BBProtect backup off.

I upgraded my BB Protect and, to make a long story short, it did a complete backup in about 5 minutes! My guess is that previously, BB Protect was archiving all data into a local compressed file and then sending it once all of the data was in that file. I'm also guessing that my compressed backup file was wanting to be >70mb which choked the app and it hung. In the update, I wonder if it's creating a separate file and uploading it for each type of data you choose to backup.

In any event, I'm thrilled to have it working now.
    07-12-12 11:41 PM
    No problems here.

Downloaded normally and tested on the site.
    07-13-12 07:40 AM
    Any updates on BB Protect and the upgrades/issues. I have yet to upgrade it and actually forgot about it until I got a notification that an upgrade for another app was available. When I went to "My World" I noticed that the upgrade was still pending. Sitll, I'm running 7.1.378 and don't want to take the chance of screwing anything up if there is still issues. Anyone else having issues or issues and fixes for them? Thanks!
    08-13-12 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD