Hi forum,

i have a problem with blackberry protect, its stuck on initializing since i activated it 2 weeks ago and its my first time i have never used protect before. Any ideas of what could be the problem?

Thx
    10-06-11 08:53 PM
    I haven't been able to get mine to work either on my 9930.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-11 09:06 PM
    Hi forum,

i have a problem with blackberry protect, its stuck on initializing since i activated it 2 weeks ago and its my first time i have never used protect before. Any ideas of what could be the problem?

Thx
    Have you tried restarting? alt shift del? If that doesn't work I suggest deleting protect from the phone and installing it again via BDM, of course you'll have to dl an OS to have BDM install from.
    10-06-11 09:08 PM
    Have you tried restarting? alt shift del? If that doesn't work I suggest deleting protect from the phone and installing it again via BDM, of course you'll have to dl an OS to have BDM install from.
    i tried it but it still does not work, still stuck on initializing.
    10-06-11 09:58 PM
    If your device memory is encrypted try to uncheck encryption in the options and try BB Protect again.
    10-06-11 10:56 PM
    Hi forum,

Hello, I had the same problem. I deleted blackberry protect then go here
    http://rroyy.com/ota/ and re-download it. It has been working excellent since! (I take no credit for these links) I just know they are amazing to have and worked for me!
    Hope this helps!
    Sheila
    Thx

10-06-11 11:35 PM
    I haven't been able to get mine to work either on my 9930.

Delete it! And then go here!
    Download
    http://rroyy.com/ota/

10-06-11 11:37 PM
    Delete it! And then go here!
    Download
    RROYY - APPLICATIONS

Yes, I'd give that a try. Though have you thought about your OS install could be corrupt? Have you tried downloading a fresh install of the OS and repeating?
    10-06-11 11:54 PM
    Yes, I'd give that a try. Though have you thought about your OS install could be corrupt? Have you tried downloading a fresh install of the OS and repeating?
    No, because I know enough to know that it is not my OS that is corrupted. I just know that it fixed my problem and in hopes it can help the above members.
    She

Last edited by slpayton01; 10-07-11 at 12:11 AM.
    10-07-11 12:01 AM
    No, because I know enough to know that it is not my OS that is corrupted. I just know that it fixed my problem and in hopes it can help the above members.
    She

Sheila, I wasn't referring to you about the corrupt files, I was referring to the OP. #>.<

But oddly enough I haven't had any problems with BBP from the OS installs as it's not available on App World yet. I was playing around with it yesterday as well, found my phone (sitting next to me) through the website. Use the remote lock and the remote message. I don't need to try the remote wipe though. ; )
    10-07-11 12:50 AM
    .261 or .353?

10-07-11 01:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD